PDA

View Full Version : Question about custom bosses part 3

fire dragon
09-16-2005, 03:20 AM
It's me,again.This is last part me custom boss trilogue.(I hope it)
Okay,I want make moving boss,and I know that I must use direct warps.But when Link warps another screen,enemies on screen receive full life.How I can make,that when Link hits enemy in screen 1. It is hurted next screen?I don't know if anyone understand,but I hope that someone can answer.

jessethe2nd
09-22-2005, 12:49 AM
Unfortunately this can not be done. The reason this is is that when you are warped to the next screen you are not fighting the same enemies as you were on the previous screen. There may be a way to simulate this however but being mid-night here and just finishing my homework I am unable to give it much thought. Now about the moving boss. I am not sure whether or not you are asking how to create them, so to avoid the possibility of typing up a long explanation of how to do this for nothing I will ask you to post a reply again asking about moving bosses.

fire dragon
09-22-2005, 07:43 AM
I know how I can make moving bosses.I need use "screen frames".But my problem is,how you can hurt boss,because it change screen everytime.Because that,I can't hide example Like Like under boss layer.So how I can do that?

DeFray
09-22-2005, 12:42 PM
Hmm. I'm not very experienced with custom bosses, so I'm afraid I can't tell you. I've used slash flags and strike flags in the past to activate secrets and alternate warps, but my bosses never used much animation, so that wouldn't work for you. :shrug:

I do think, though, that in Petoe's Mega Man quest he sometimes used the "fire" enemy as a foe because it died no matter what you hit it with, making it easy to activate secrets immediately when you hit the enemy. I know that doesn't solve your problem, I'm just throwing out ideas. Hopefully they'll help somehow. :shrug:

jessethe2nd
09-23-2005, 01:02 AM
I see what you are trying to do now. Go with what defray said. Remember though it is not damaging the enemy that drops the bosses health it is activating the secret and being warped to the next screen that drops his health. so every time you are warped to the next screen it simulates the boss taking damage. So say if you want your boss to be dead after you hit it eight times with the hookshot or maybe a mix of weapons you will have to have eight seperate screens for every part of the battle. There are some other other ways of making custom bosses. Infact depending on what you want your boss to be and how you want it to be beat it will change the way you fight it.
Just incase your interested I am working on a guide for zc and it contains every way I know how to make a custom boss and will also list some of my theories. It will not be done for quite some time but when it is I think it will be worth a look.

fire dragon
09-23-2005, 07:34 AM
I think Fire technicue and I use it some boss.But now I notice new little problem.Because I do moving boss,I must place direct warp every floor tile,right?But when you hit Fire how I can do that after that direct warps change,because I can put only one tile warp in screen?

jessethe2nd
09-24-2005, 01:43 PM
Ok, fire dragon. When making a custom boss you do not use just one screen. In the editor you may use as many screens as you want. Set the warp on each screen to the next one in line for the boss fight. You want all of these screens to look alike so when you are fighting the boss in zeldaclassic it looks like you are on the same screen every time you are warped. so when you hit the boss in zeldaclassic it replaces the tiles in that room with direct warp tiles and then link will be warped to the next screen but it will appear as if he is on the same screen. Now this screen has a diiferent warp than the last remember this is a different screen so it can have a different warp. Once again set up this new screen to warp link when the boss takes damage to a new screen that will continue the boss fight. Repeat this process for how ever many times you want your boss to be hit to kill it. every time you warp link to a new screen this represent the boss taking damage. when you want your boss to die, this will be your last screen in the boss fight. instead of warping link you will set up the screen so that when you damage the boss for the last time the boss will die and the doors to the next area will open.

You have to remember that custom bosses are not recogniozed by zquest or zeldaclassic as an actual enemy but the player will if you do it right. In short you are simulating a boss.

fire dragon
09-28-2005, 02:11 PM
Thanks jessethe2nd but I know already that.Because I want do boss that example fly around room,I must use screen frame technicue just like you say your last post,but if I this,screens must be like circle that boss fly alltime around room.And I must place direct warps on floor that Link warps next animation screen.My problem is,how I can "break" this circle and make that Link warps next "screen circle"when he hurt boss?I don't know do you understand what I try tell,because I don't speak english very well.But if you understand what I mean and know answer,please say!I want do moving bosses.
By the way,what the dustpile do?

jessethe2nd
09-28-2005, 06:23 PM
I do not know this one. I have been under the assumption that you have been trying to make a stationairy boss.
I may be able to help you. If you wish post a screen of the boss with details of how you want the boss to move and how you want it to attack. Also please tell me what tileset you are using for the quest. If it is a custom set then dont worry I can work around it. I have a few ideas but that may work but I would need to kno the core mechanics of how this boss fight is supposed to work. So post that screen of the boss in the boss room and I will recreate the screen in zquest and mess around with it until I can come up with something.
O and also please tell me what items you will have at this point in the game.

Sir_Johnamus
09-28-2005, 08:18 PM
I am trying my own bosses. How do you set up the warp? I can make it there, but then where do I put the exit so you end up in the same position on the next screen? This boss is the Mega Buhemoth Death Knight. It is 9 tiles tall and does huge damage each hit. I am also trying to put in a less wussy Ganon in there. The tiles are also set up. This is gonna rock!:D

jessethe2nd
09-28-2005, 11:51 PM
use direct warps. They do not require an exit point because they warp you to a corresponding location on the screen you specify under tile warp.

fire dragon
09-29-2005, 12:37 AM
You wish that I tell everything that boss what I make so here you are:I make minigame shop where you can play different games.One is "Giant melee."You must fight against huge Zol,Octorok and Ghini.Not same time.First is Zol.I want it jumps only around room and hurts Link if he touch.
You must use Hookshot to hurt Zol.Then Zol splits ten normal Zols that splits normal Gels.After that,you win Giant Zol.
Because it is minigame, you can have all weapons.But before you can enter minigame shop,you must have least Hookshot,Raft,Flute and bow(if player play my game right)I put the picture later if you need it.I use 2.10test game's tileset but I expanded it using purezc and tileshop.
Big Zol and other big enemies I got Warlock's newfirst tileset that I find on purezc.

I want do Twinrova later because I don't have right tiles.But thanks if you can explain me how some things go that I can later do moving bosses like that Twinrova.

jessethe2nd
09-29-2005, 12:42 AM
My idea would not work with the hookshot. it would only allow you to use the sword. But yes i think I can make it work. it will take me a few days atleast to work this out. don't get your hopes up, my idea only works in theory.

fire dragon
09-29-2005, 07:02 AM
Ok.Sword is good too.And I can wait because I must make 7-dungeon.Thank you very much if you can make it.After that I can finally make moving bosses,because my custom Ganon is stationary.
I think other ways to solve this problem.Thanks anyway.