PDA

View Full Version : Wtf

Kyle
09-15-2005, 02:39 PM
I only signed up for one reason and that was to bitch in the bitching section because I'm so frustrated right now. So I set up my account and it won't let me start a thread there of my bitching. WTF.

DarkPanther
09-15-2005, 02:46 PM
Hopefully that at least took your mind off of the lesser problem you originally had.

ShadowTiger
09-15-2005, 02:56 PM
You need about 50 posts to view GB, (And possibly reply to existing threads.) and 100 to create a thread. Um ... Good luck with that. o.o'

At least I think those are the numbers. > >.'

Either way, best to thoroughly review your ... "bitching" ... and see if it's actually worth it. A lot of the time, you'll get your head chewed off in there for posting something that doesn't even deserve to be there. Best tread cautiously on GB grounds. :p

And ... welcome to AGN. e_e'

Daarkseid
09-15-2005, 03:04 PM
Either way, best to thoroughly review your ... "bitching" ... and see if it's actually worth it. A lot of the time, you'll get your head chewed off in there for posting something that doesn't even deserve to be there. Best tread cautiously on GB grounds. :p

He's right, if you had posted your topic in GB, I probably would've taken the opportunity to flame you for it. I'd flame you right now for this topic too, but that's against the rules.

AtmaWeapon
09-15-2005, 03:55 PM
*edit* Oh I thought this was in NMF for some reason and I held back a bit...

"I only signed up for x and I can't even do it yet" is lame. You should sign up to be a part of the community, not to make posts with half-insults in them. Please don't come back if all you wanted to do was participate in GB; it is a hive of faggotry.

ZomfgIts0rzlolo
09-15-2005, 05:43 PM
Kyle? As in Kratheous?

Kyle
09-15-2005, 06:28 PM
*edit* Oh I thought this was in NMF for some reason and I held back a bit...

"I only signed up for x and I can't even do it yet" is lame. You should sign up to be a part of the community, not to make posts with half-insults in them. Please don't come back if all you wanted to do was participate in GB; it is a hive of faggotry.

Whoa tiger...bitching is part of a community. But yeah, I figured this could be fun.

KJAZZ
09-15-2005, 09:45 PM
Kyle? As in Kratheous?
Obviously this must be Kratheous, because CLEARLY everyone named Kyle is really Kratheous.

So by your logic, I must be Kratheous as well. You sir, are quite brilliant.

Raichu86
09-15-2005, 09:54 PM
KJAZZ does sound a lot like Kratheous today, I must say. It's a conspiracy!

Drunken Tiger
09-15-2005, 10:03 PM
Kyle? As in Kratheous?

Kyle as in Beldaran's sister.. Unless Kratheous is Beldaran's sister, then you are correct..

AtmaWeapon
09-16-2005, 12:31 AM
Whoa tiger...bitching is part of a community. But yeah, I figured this could be fun.Take it easy, champ. GB is pretty much the fastest track to ruining your life at AGN there is. However if you feel obliged to go there I'm sure you'll be able to join in the fantastic third-grade name-calling fairly quickly.

Beldaran
09-16-2005, 12:57 AM
She doesn't know how twisted and wrong this place is, so be nice everyone. :) Don't jump right on her for anything. I haven't told her what a clusterfuck of mal-adjusted and petulant behavior GB is.

Orion
09-16-2005, 12:59 AM
Your frustrated? Signing up for an account isn't that much work, buddy. I think I speak for a lot of people when I say if all you wanna do is come here and bitch and pick fights, you might as well tuck your tail between your legs and walk away now.

Great Warrior
09-16-2005, 03:18 AM
why does she use a guy's name and her brother uses a girl's name? :p no one cares about your rants if you are a new member, i found it out myself, post in other forums first. :)

deathbyhokie
09-16-2005, 07:11 AM
why does she use a guy's name and her brother uses a girl's name?

Kyle kinda happens to be their last name. there are more people call me Street than there are peopl who call me Jonathan.

Kyle
09-16-2005, 02:08 PM
Your frustrated? Signing up for an account isn't that much work, buddy. I think I speak for a lot of people when I say if all you wanna do is come here and bitch and pick fights, you might as well tuck your tail between your legs and walk away now.

I didn't come here to pick fights. I'm just talkin with some of these guys.

Darth Marsden
09-16-2005, 05:21 PM
Well, you've certainly achieved that goal. On a completely different subject, it's nice to meet another n00b (if you'll excuse the term) who's got a basic grasp of the English language.

Anyway. What's on your mind, since you're here?

Kyle
09-17-2005, 01:52 AM
Ah, well thanks guy. Well, it's another Friday night in. My brother and I were stating, we'd rather say in if the only people to hang out with are idiots. I enjoy a night on the town if there's a dd and we are being responsible adults, then I can have that sort of fun. But people just don't think past their noses. And honestly, I love joggers (joggers! remember joggers!?!?) and watching a good movie or show, or reading a good book. So here I am. But I am so content because I find myself absolutley fabulous company :D hehe

Beldaran
09-17-2005, 02:28 AM
I think sweat pants is a better term, since "joggers" conjures up the image of a group of people jogging, at least in my mind. But when I was a kid (er, when we were kids, hehe) we called them joggers. "I'm going to put on my joggers and watch a movie." hahah

fatcatfan
09-17-2005, 10:58 PM
Until you said "sweat pants" I had no idea what you were talking about. Must be a regional thing.

So who knows what a "gaum" is?

Prrkitty
09-18-2005, 01:24 PM
tr.v. Upper Southern U.S. gaumed, gaum·ing, gaums

To smudge or smear.

From this URL: http://www.yourdictionary.com/ahd/g/g0061900.html

carrot red
09-18-2005, 02:40 PM
So who knows what a "gaum" is?

Gel?

fatcatfan
09-18-2005, 03:17 PM
In some parts of Kentucky, it is equivalent to "a horrible mess". A parent might say to a teenager, "You aren't going anywhere until you've cleaned that gaum in your room."

but.... what were we talking about?

Darth Marsden
09-18-2005, 05:14 PM
In some parts of Kentucky, it is equivalent to "a horrible mess". A parent might say to a teenager, "You aren't going anywhere until you've cleaned that gaum in your room."

but.... what were we talking about? Well, initially it was about Kyle wondering why he couldn't get to the General Bitching forums, then it gradually moved round to him telling us why he was here, and then we all got distracted by joggers and gaums and whatnot. I know it's a little hard to keep track of things, but do try and keep up, there's a good fellow :smoking:

Beldaran
09-18-2005, 05:17 PM
I know it's a little hard to keep track of things, but do try and keep up, there's a good fellow :smoking:[/color]

Ironic, since you didn't pick up on the fact that Kyle is my sister, thus making her a she not a he. :laughing:

Darth Marsden
09-18-2005, 06:10 PM
Ironic, since you didn't pick up on the fact that Kyle is my sister, thus making her a she not a he. :laughing:No no no, my good man. If I'd said 'Chap' or 'Man', that would have been a directly male address. 'Fellow' aplies to either gender in our great and majestic country. You out of towners, you all jump to conclusions, never take the time to consider your options... I pity you, good sir. I pity you. :smoking: If it makes you feel better, I shall address her as a female, though I was perfectly aware she was one. In case you didn't notice, I call everyone 'fellow' when I talk in this rather charming manner. An observation only noticed by the more refined of us, I do believe.

Beldaran
09-18-2005, 06:24 PM
Well, initially it was about Kyle wondering why he couldn't get to the General Bitching forums, then it gradually moved round to him telling us why he was here,

So, in England, is it also common to refer to women as "he" and "him"? :tongue:

carrot red
09-18-2005, 06:42 PM
No no no, my good man. If I'd said 'Chap' or 'Man', that would have been a directly male address. 'Fellow' aplies to either gender in our great and majestic country. You out of towners, you all jump to conclusions, never take the time to consider your options... I pity you, good sir. I pity you. If it makes you feel better, I shall address her as a female, though I was perfectly aware she was one. In case you didn't notice, I call everyone 'fellow' when I talk in this rather charming manner. An observation only noticed by the more refined of us, I do believe.

Err... Lame, DM. Why don't you admit you made an honest mistake and put an end to it?

I know it's a little hard to keep track of things, but do try and keep up, there's a good fellow

It's a good advice to follow yourself in this case too.

So, in England, is it also common to refer to women as "he" and "him"?

If we were to believe DM, they turned Unisex overnight.

Tygore
09-18-2005, 06:52 PM
See, the problem with England is that they have a female political figurehead(the Queen) and a male political leader(Tony Blair). That makes things very confusing gender-wise over there.

Dechipher
09-18-2005, 07:53 PM
I bet he's not even really British....

Kyle
09-18-2005, 08:26 PM
My sentiments exactly.

:rolleyes:

Darth Marsden
09-19-2005, 06:14 AM
NOT BRITISH!?! You want my Postcode? BN16 2RS. Google Map it. THAT'S where I live. Southern England. I'm not particualrly proud of it (thank you Mr Blair), but at least I have some fun with it. I'd imagine it's rather hard to imply a Texan drawl in a forum, eh what? And to me, the term Fellow can be applied to both males and females. EG: "For she's a jolly good fellow, for she's a jolly good fellow...". See? It works. May seem lame, but then again so am I ;)

You want me to admit my mistake, CR? Fine. I screwed up. I didn't actually know Kyle was female when she first joined. I quickly found out, of course, but I guess that counts for nothing these says. Of course, now that I've been proven wrong I will have to kill you all, but I assume you're all cool with that?

And for the record, nobody believes in Tony Blair. It's just that there's nobody better, really. Would you want someone like Gordon Brown running your country? Hah! Also, more people know the cast of Eastenders better then the Royal Family. I'm so proud of our little nation *sniff*

fatcatfan
09-19-2005, 05:43 PM
Pretentious and condescending, sounds British to me. (it's a joke "old chap", so relax)

Darth Marsden
09-19-2005, 05:52 PM
I know. I'm very laid back. I'm not really an angry sort of person. It takes a lot to actually rile me, don't you know. If I came across as harsh, then I'm awfully sorry, but doubting one's nationality is something one really ought not to tolerate. I am British through and through and hope the matter shall not be brought up again!

And should anyone be at all interested, I'm basing my 'English' on Stephen Fry. Top notch, hmm?