PDA

View Full Version : vgmusic.com MIDIs

LinkMaster500
09-15-2005, 09:55 AM
I read on another thread that you have to ask the users of MIDIs found on vgmusic.com before you can use them for your quest music.

But how can I find all the e-mail addresses of the creators?

I know about the link that says "Info". However, one MIDI I plan to use is the Stone Temple theme from Majora's Mask, and there is no Info link.

ZeldaLord
09-15-2005, 07:01 PM
I don't think you do, since ZC credits them in midi info. Besides, if they didn't want you to download them, why would they bother submitting them in the first place?

LinkMaster500
09-15-2005, 07:57 PM
Where does ZC credit them?

Kingboo30
09-15-2005, 08:42 PM
In the credits section. You just say "Credit to [insertwhere you got midis] for midis." If you say you made them then there's a problem.

Dark Knight
09-15-2005, 11:09 PM
While playing any quest, press Esc to bring up the GUI and click Misc-----> Midi Info. In the drop down box, it shows all the MIDI's uploaded to the quest. Click on any of them and in the blank box it will show the comments the MIDI creator put in, usualy includes the name of the creator. Also, if there is no music currently playing in the quest, you can listen to the midis.(like when you walk into a cave, the music stops)

LinkMaster500
09-16-2005, 10:17 AM
I know about going to Misc. then MIDI Info, but even some of those do not specify any e-mail addresses.

Also, when you say in the credits section, are you talking about when you submit the quest to the Quest Database?

rocksfan13
09-16-2005, 01:04 PM
Yes. That is usually where the authors of the quest put it.

Yoshiman
09-16-2005, 04:10 PM
Generally, the writer of the MIDI will put their name in the info section. But if for some reason the author doesn't, and has a note on their website saying that they'd like to be given credit if their MIDI is used, then I'll add their name into the info.

LinkMaster500
09-16-2005, 04:52 PM
Okay--But how can I find a MIDI author's web site and then whether or not they want to be given credit. I assume that you have to credit each individual MIDI creator by name and not just say www.vgmusic.com.

ZeldaLord
09-16-2005, 05:16 PM
No, vgmusic.com will do, because if they want to be given credit, their info will be listed on there. ;)