PDA

View Full Version : Intro screen

fire dragon
09-13-2005, 09:00 AM
I make intro screen and I want ask,how I can put that when you save inside dungeon and when you next time start the game,first you see title screen and after that,you countinue entrance of dungeon.So,how I can make it?Thanks for everybody!

cachitin
09-13-2005, 09:40 PM
I don't think that's possible unless you want to make multiple intro screens with lots of Dmaps.On a Dmap, go to mechanics then check continue.Then at the intro,put side warp to the map you want.

Zelda_Warrior
09-15-2005, 05:28 PM
No no no, it's easy to do. Just make the intro screen, set it so that Link spawns there in the dmap mechanics, and add the side warp to the entrance of the dungeon from there. But, if you do this, you can't have custom intro music becasue it needs to be on the same dmap as the dungeon itself.

fire dragon
09-16-2005, 07:40 AM
Thanks,I don't understand everything,but I must try it.

DeFray
09-20-2005, 05:18 PM
Well... you could try the following, to get around the intro music problem.

Create a room that is an exact copy of your intro screen (just use C and V to copy and paste the screen). Create a new DMap just for this screen, using your intro music.

On the same map as your dungeon, create a screen that is completely black. Make it so Link will be invisible on this screen (use layers or just select "Invisible Link" in the Screen Data menu). In the Screen Data, set your timed-warp-tics to 1. Go into your Side Warp for this screen and set it to be the copy of your intro screen and its DMap. Now Link will warp off of this screen to the dungeon's copied intro screen almost instantly when the player starts the game.

Go into your dungeon DMap, check "Continue Here", and set the continue screen to be the black screen.

Set up your intro screen to warp you to the start of the dungeon and the dungeon's DMap.

Now, when you save while in the Dungeon, it should look like you restart on an intro screen. This might make you start at an intro screen every time you die, too... :rolleyes: but the player will manage. ;)

This is a little complicated, FireDragon, so good luck!

ZeldaLord
09-20-2005, 06:42 PM
Well... you could try the following, to get around the intro music problem.

Create a room that is an exact copy of your intro screen (just use C and V to copy and paste the screen). Create a new DMap just for this screen, using your intro music.

On the same map as your dungeon, create a screen that is completely black. Make it so Link will be invisible on this screen (use layers or just select "Invisible Link" in the Screen Data menu). In the Screen Data, set your timed-warp-tics to 1. Go into your Side Warp for this screen and set it to be the copy of your intro screen and its DMap. Now Link will warp off of this screen to the dungeon's copied intro screen almost instantly when the player starts the game.

Go into your dungeon DMap, check "Continue Here", and set the continue screen to be the black screen.

Set up your intro screen to warp you to the start of the dungeon and the dungeon's DMap.

Now, when you save while in the Dungeon, it should look like you restart on an intro screen. This might make you start at an intro screen every time you die, too... :rolleyes: but the player will manage. ;)

This is a little complicated, FireDragon, so good luck!

I see what you're trying to say. Just a few corrections, though (to fix the dying problem). :)
Might be confusing, so bear with me.

Make a new dmap with the intro music, and set "continue here", then make a copy of your intro screen, and a copy of your first dungeon screen (with invis. Link set). Set the continue screen of this dmap to the duplicate intro screen. Do not set "continue here" on your dungeon dmap.

Set the dungeon entrace warp in the overworld to point to the black screen on your duplicate intro dmap. Set the side warp on that screen to the first screen of your dungeon and the timed warp tics to 1.
Set the side warp on your intro screen to the first screen of your dungeon as well.

If this works the way I think it does, then when you enter the dungeon entrance on the overworld, you'll be warped to a copy of your 1st dungeon screen on the duplicate intro dmap (triggering the "continue here" on that dmap), then, 1/60 of a second later you'll be warped to the first screen of the dungeon dmap. When you die, you'll just be returned to the first screen of the dungeon, but when you save, the "continue here" on the other dmap will come into effect, and the next time you play the quest, you'll start on the duplicate intro screen. Pressing down on that screen will warp you into the dungeon.

I'm not sure about this, so anyone feel free to correct me if I've made a mistake.

And another thing, if you have a MIDI editor, you might want to move your intro midi half a beat forward, so that it doesn't start playing on the "transition" screen, just before you get warped to the dungeon. ;)