PDA

View Full Version : newb here, need a little help.

MegaSpy21
09-11-2005, 05:06 PM
So, I just started messing with the quest editor. I have a few (fairly basic) questions.

1. First, I should tell you I'm using the preloaded graphics (to make it easier for my first time). Now, the problem is, how can I make Link start in a different spot than the top left corner? That is, when you start up the quest, where you appear.

2. If I Link tries to go into a cave, how can I make that connect to the dungeon map so that Link can be in the dungeon?

3. When I make a push block in dungeons, how can I make it so a door opens when that block is pushed?

Thanks everyone, hope my questions aren't too confusing.

ShadowTiger
09-11-2005, 05:15 PM
1) In ZQuest, press pageup or pagedown until you see the panel with five icons; a rupee, a stairs, a blue and green square, and a flag. Place the blue and green squares where you want Link to start. The blue one is for when Link is warped there via an Insta-warp type warp, and the green is for when he's warped to by an Extrance/Exit style warp.

2) First, create the Cave's Dmap. It's in Quest-->Dmap. Set the map number of that Dmap in the map pulldown, as well as its palette (the colors used) in one of the tabs. Then, on the screen where you're going to the cave, press F10 (Or go to Data-->Tile Warp; same thing.) and type in the Coordinates of the screen you want to arrive at. If you've already made the screen, press "GO" to see if you'll arrive there or not based on the Dmap pulldown there

3) There's a flag called "Block Trigger" in the flags list. Put that flag onto spots on the floor where you want blocks to be pushed (Flag #61 is the best bet there.) onto those spots on the floor with that Block Trigger flag. OR, if you want to just push one block in any direction, just place flag #2 on it. ... Or ... hm. I forget which flag number it is, but it's fairly evident. Just hit F8, and the flag is right there in plain sight.

MegaSpy21
09-11-2005, 05:40 PM
Thanks a lot, but I'm not sure I completely understand how to make Link start in the correct place. He still starts all the way in the upper left hand corner. This is right when I start a new game.

ZeldaLord
09-11-2005, 07:38 PM
Set the continue screen in the dmap dialog. ;)