PDA

View Full Version : Back to school blues

Machiavelli
09-08-2005, 05:33 PM
Ok. So today was the first day of school for me. Why thursday? I don't know.

My program is pretty good. 2 periods of global history (I was supposed to be an an AP clas but my program was locked) followed by advanced web design. I'm looking foward to this class because of my schools partnership with citigroup. Then math. Then AP Bio. Lunch. English 5. And spanish 5 to end my day.

I have to take 5 regents exams this year. They really know how to pile it on in junior year :rolleyes: .

And I already have HW! I said that I would actually do my hw this year. Don't know how long that'll last :tongue: .

It was a pretty good day. I <3 my friends. They made it fun. I must say, though, that the first days of school is like a fashion show (at least in my school).

Now, I know I'm not the only one headed back to school...

Some Kinda Hate
09-08-2005, 05:38 PM
I've been in school for about three or four weeks now. Not much has changed since last year even though I'm a senior.
I take and hour and a half of Math of Finance, and then an hour and a half of history and a career class, all in alternative school, then I'm in traditional school for the rest of the day taking psychology and family living.

Psychology is fun, but family living is terrible. I just need the credit, otherwise I'd drop that class.

me2
09-08-2005, 05:49 PM
loser I started August 10 ._.

This seems to be the easiest year for me, seeing as all my teachers are pretty lenient.

ZomfgIts0rzlolo
09-08-2005, 07:12 PM
I started the 24th.

Four honors classes (Especially the horrid English 1 Honors) plus Spanish 2 is going to take a toll on my brain, but so far I'm handling it ok. I do get a Study Hall last period. First Period Gym blows up the ass, but at least I get health second semester, not much better but I'll take it.

Also, I seriously think my English Teacher is friggin posessed.

Machiavelli
09-08-2005, 07:42 PM
My school only offers honors classes to freshmen. I had them when I was one. Now I have AP classes to think about. I had gym first period in the first semesterof last lear. I didn't do anything so It was like a free period. The gym teacher liked me so he gave me 90's. I only have lunch 3 days a week. They replace it with AP Bio lab on tues & wed. I only have 8 periods this semester so at least I leave earlier.

I doubt that your nglish teacher even compares to the spanish teacher I had last year. Pure psycho. Plus, she pretty much admitted to not liking me. It's to early to tell who's the crazy teacher this year but it looks like it's gonna be my bio teacher. He's new and needs to be broken in :evil: ...

Rainman
09-08-2005, 08:03 PM
From my point of view so far difficulty is down from last year. For one, I have an easier elective that requires no homework and easy tests. Also it looks like there will be less homework to deal with. I will have to read a lot more this year. I probably should have done so last year, but I'm taking an emphasis on that this year because now I'm learning stuff that I actually need to know to become a computer engineer. I don't want to half-ass it.

Archibaldo
09-08-2005, 08:11 PM
I started the 31st. So far my classes are really easy. My math and french class is the stupid class so the work is simple. My english is advanced but so far nothing too tough. And my Journalism class is really simple, seeing as how the people in it write for the school paper to get marks but since I'm the layout guide I don't have any work untill after the deadline is met. Economics is pretty fun and gym is... well gym.

ShadowTiger
09-08-2005, 09:28 PM
Ah, you're taking Economics. Good luck with that. It can be fun at times. :p

I'm taking some Computer Science courses for a minor in technology. Visual Basic and I are owning each other by finding and breaking weird bugs that the teacher has never seen before, even in the most basic of programming lines. I'm amazed, really. I'm taking a difficult English course, a Sociology 101 class , (To satisfy some College requirements.) and an Intro to Logic to satisfy some of the basic math requirements.

Next Semester, Web Design. ;) I can't wait. (Oh, and Bio classes. :sweat: )

ZomfgIts0rzlolo
09-08-2005, 09:36 PM
My English Teacher has a total of 107 pictures of Apples (the fruit, not the comp) posted around her room (Keep in mind she teaches seniors), along with anime drawings and pictures of Sting. She also likes randomly singing and breaking out into accents, along with screaming I LOVE YOU at every possible opportunity.

Also, she likes to remind you how to get a D on every possible assignment. Repeatedly. She LOOOOOOOVES failing people. I got my first paper of the year back because I misused ONE colon.

POSESSED'D

Axel
09-08-2005, 11:22 PM
Although I like having a life, my schedule sucks. I've got a horrible spread of classes, with an early morning one, a noon one, and a late afternoon one every day. Add to that that my 6pm class conflicts with rehearsals for the musical I'm in, which also conflict with the improv group.... Yeah, I have fun in all this stuff, but I've ended up napping all afternoon everyday to make up for not getting any sleep at night. Meaning I've only got rehearsals while other people are working and mornings for classwork. And having no job but keeping my scholarships isn't fun.
But yay, I have an overactive social life! :D

Rainman
09-08-2005, 11:40 PM
Meaning I've only got rehearsals while other people are working and mornings for classwork. And having no job but keeping my scholarships isn't fun.

Try having no job and scholarships. That's much less fun. :(

Also, try not having a social life. That's not fun either.

Dechipher
09-09-2005, 12:13 AM
My spanish 5 AP is hell. She is seriously the most obnoxious person I've ever met. Music Theory AP is cool. I too am in Psychology, as well as Brit Lit, Government, Web Page Design (and the Sociology next semester) and of course, Band.

PolygonX8
09-09-2005, 01:34 AM
I may actually do well this year considering the fact my teachers actually teach their subject, and the classes aren't really difficult at all. I've always had a habit of doing shittily in school due to laziness and no motivation, but this year I hope it'll be different. :shrug:

Darth Marsden
09-09-2005, 05:50 AM
Try having no job and scholarships. That's much less fun. :(

Also, try not having a social life. That's not fun either.
Agreed. But at least I have some qualifications. A BTEC National Diploma in Computing doesn't exactly open many doors, but it's something at least.

I'm starting an evening class in October to learn C++, since I never learnt it with my BTEC (They started teaching it the year after I left - GRR!). No idea what it'll be like, I've never done an evening class before, but I'm hoping it won't be filled with old people or have a teacher who treats us all like idiots. Fingers crossed!