PDA

View Full Version : Catharsis

AlexMax
09-08-2005, 05:26 AM
http://media.putfile.com/OlbermannSwings

The single most awesome 5 minutes of news media I have seen recently.

Darth Marsden
09-08-2005, 06:26 AM
That's the sort of thing you expect someone to write in a blog, not announce on National TV. But it's fantastic that it is.

Archibaldo
09-08-2005, 07:43 AM
Excellent. That guy totally owned the government.

Saffith
09-08-2005, 10:34 AM
Yeah, the media, in general, have handled this whole thing surprisingly well. It's nice to finally see them seriously questioning and even criticizing the government. Even Geraldo briefly managed to appear human. (http://movies.crooksandliars.com/Hannity-Colmes-Smith-Rivera-freak-in-NO.mov)
It's probably too much to hope this'll continue, though. Enjoy it while it lasts...

AtmaWeapon
09-08-2005, 02:23 PM
Wow.

I disagree with a few of his points, but this man has constructed a quite strong fortress of logic and I do not have the time or information necessary to argue those points. The main topic of his discussion is accurate and well supported.

If the rest of the media were like this, perhaps I'd trust them more.

Glitch
09-08-2005, 02:40 PM
Best media event lately: Kayne West saying "George Bush doesn't care about Black People" on live national television during a charity show for the hurricane.

Darth Marsden
09-08-2005, 02:58 PM
Ah ha, I'm not gonna post a link to THAT again. (http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/video/kanye)

MacWeirdo42
09-08-2005, 03:43 PM
Blown away. That's about all I have to say about that video. Wow, that was just absolutely incredible. This whole thing just completely astounds me... Lord, all this fear over terrorists, and Hurricane Katrina just comes and wipes out the Gulf Coast with the force of God knows how many nuclear bombs. Really though proves what I've been saying all along, though, that there are much greater threats out there and that people are really getting all worked up over the wrong things. Not saying that terrorists aren't a threat, but we as a nation really have to learn how to properly prioritize threats to our safety and livelihood.

Axel
09-08-2005, 04:57 PM
Has the credible news media returned to us? Have the muckrackers come back? Need I no longer feel that every newscaster is living on Planet Moron? Probably not, but this is a good sign. Keep going man!

Rainman
09-08-2005, 08:07 PM
It should be noted that most of this actual news reporting is coming from those who are traditionally a lot more independent in their coverage. The right winger are still generally supporting the president and the hardcore lefties are still pussies. At least that's what I see.

mikeron
09-09-2005, 10:16 AM
It is interesting that he didn't mention the mayor of New Orleans or the governor of Louisiana.

AtmaWeapon
09-09-2005, 10:48 AM
Then he'd be racist and sexist.

Rainman
09-09-2005, 10:51 AM
It is interesting that he didn't mention the mayor of New Orleans or the governor of Louisiana.

He did. He was talking about all of government there.