PDA

View Full Version : New Theme - Kinda

Eckels
09-07-2005, 11:26 PM
Well I was working on a new Theme, because I wasn't crazy about any of the current ones, but life is too hectic for me to have time to finish it now, so I'll make available what i've done so far.

It's simply called Eckels-Beta (http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?p=1033060&styleid=47#post1033060), and you can switch to it like you would any other theme.

A few features include the ability to minimize the forum details (description and thread/post counts) on the main page, for every forum. It has all the welcome information and handy links on the side of the page rather than the top and bottom. On each post is the exact time that the post was made, rather than simply "one day ago".

And that's all I can think of for now. Personally I really just wanted a simplified home page, with less clutter, and this is what I came up with. I also prefer a dark theme.

One day I'll finish it up, and do something a bit fancy for the postbits, and I know there are some glitches here and there with the layout as well, but I just dont have the time to screw with it for now.

Enjoy if you like!

Breaker
09-08-2005, 02:31 AM
It looks good Eckels. LUBU.

ctrl-alt-delete
09-08-2005, 02:39 AM
I like it a lot, so I went ahead and switched over.

Eckels fucking owns me.

*b*
09-08-2005, 02:52 AM
it's alright. I don't like seeing all the details of the thread/forum view at the side of the screen, though. it's a bit distracting, and it shrinks the forums. it's a nice looking theme, though, but I think I'll stay with Ambience

Darth Marsden
09-08-2005, 06:04 AM
Love it. Very nice, Ecks. Especially like the logo at the top... very 'Respect demanded upon entry'.

EDIT: Spotted an irritating error that you couldn't possibly have known about, thereby excusing you of all blame. If you post by clicking on 'Reply', the text appears all black. You have to highlight it and change the colour to something lighter (IE: anything). Same if you edit a post or quote someone. If you could change that, I'd appreciate it.

Glitch
09-08-2005, 09:20 AM
" This design is by Eckels, because he fucking owns you."

Thats freaking awesome.

Solaris_Omega
09-08-2005, 10:23 AM
The dark grey reminds me of AfterBlur's homepage and such. I wish AGN had a home page to follow. AfterBlur looked fucking schweet! Good work Eckels :D

Sephiroth
09-08-2005, 10:26 AM
Uhoh.. Eckles left off the vBulletin copyright.. o_o (that or it just didn't load for me...) Your buttons need transparency. :D

EDIT: Btw Eckles.. Could I take your idea for collapsing the descriptions and stuff for my forums? O_o; That would be n ice for mine as I can get some pretty long descriptions. :P

Kevin
09-08-2005, 02:38 PM
It's excellent. Not like other skins that only edit colors and MAYBE fonts, this one atleast does some cell rearranging. Good jorb. Although you might want to make the rep images transparent, so that they blend in with the background :)

Archibaldo
09-08-2005, 04:45 PM
It's nice but I still miss the "There is no Spoon" skin. That was awesome. What ever happened to those skins any way?

Eckels
09-08-2005, 06:13 PM
Uhoh.. Eckles left off the vBulletin copyright.. o_o (that or it just didn't load for me...)

oops.

I'll have to fix that. It's on the main page, but I didnt get around to setting up that sidebar for all pages, therefore the copyright is only on forum home.

As far as stealing my idea goes, go for it. But good luck figuring out how I did it.

Oh yeah, and fuck you, the name is spelled E-c-k-E-L-s.

As for everyone else's suggestions, they'll have to wait until i get some more free time. Eventually I'll finish this theme but not any time soon. I'm so frickin busy.

PolygonX8
09-09-2005, 01:24 AM
The skin wins an internet. Excellent job, Eckels!

Shadowblazer
09-09-2005, 08:32 AM
It's nice but I still miss the "There is no Spoon" skin. That was awesome. What ever happened to those skins any way?
vb3 styles aren't quite compatible with those cretaed in vb2, so you basically have to recreate them from scratch. We lost quite a few during the transition, and nobody's had the inclination to really bring them back.

Drunken Tiger
09-09-2005, 10:15 AM
Looking good Ecks, Im gonna give it a trial run to see if i can get used to it.. Nice job!

Sephiroth
09-09-2005, 01:58 PM
As far as stealing my idea goes, go for it. But good luck figuring out how I did it.

Already did and it's already working on my site. ^_^

Oh yeah, and fuck you, the name is spelled E-c-k-E-L-s.

Oops.. Sorry. :uhoh: ( BTW, I think someone flamed. :o )

King Aquamentus
09-09-2005, 04:18 PM
THIS is my new favorite theme, eckels. Rivaled only by Plasma.

Darth Marsden
09-11-2005, 01:28 PM
May sound like a n00b question, but can you change the default colour of your text? Just curious, is all.

Glitch
09-11-2005, 01:48 PM
Oops.. Sorry. :uhoh: ( BTW, I think someone flamed. :o )

Oops...Sorry :uhoh: (BTW, I think someone is rent-a-modding.) This is your warning.

DsS Game
09-12-2005, 12:36 AM
May sound like a n00b question, but can you change the default colour of your text? Just curious, is all.

Scroll all the way on the bottom. There is a little drop-down menu. Thats the theme menu. :p

I really like this theme eckels. Nice job.