PDA

View Full Version : Trans. layers problems/ possible glitch

jessethe2nd
09-07-2005, 09:01 PM
When I create a screen in zquest using transparent layers it shows up properly in zquest but when the quest is played in zeldaclassic the transparent layer is not there. The dmap type is dungeon. I have also tried overworld and cave. They seem to show up when they are not set as transparent. Any Ideas. :odd:

ShadowTiger
09-07-2005, 09:16 PM
Try pressing B in ZQuest? :shrug: Can you take a screenshot of both screens? (I.e. the same screen in ZQuest With all layers turned on and the same screen in the player.)

EDIT:
Oh, right. You're right, Freedom. I had forgotten about that feature in ZC. Open zelda.exe, and at the quest selection screen, hit escape, and go to settings. (Or config. Whatever it's called. To the right of File.) and go down, and make sure transparent layers are on. It doesn't affect non-transparent layers, I think.

Freedom
09-07-2005, 09:24 PM
turn layers on in your player.
start a quest, click on the screen, go into settings, and turn layers on.

Cloral
09-07-2005, 11:05 PM
If that doesn't fix it, it could simply be that you don't have the right colors in your palette. The thing to realize is that ZC doesn't do true transparency because it is paletted. Instead, it combines the colors and then finds the closest palette color it can and uses that. It could be that the closest color happens to be the same as the color the ground normally is, in which case it would appear that the layer is not there at all.

jessethe2nd
09-08-2005, 06:57 PM
Ok thanks for the help. That fixed it.