PDA

View Full Version : Ganon pattern

Pjotr V
09-06-2005, 03:40 AM
Hello you guys

I'm new here, so sorry if i posted this post in the wrong place...

Since I think you guys might know this one, i ask my question to your forum

The question is simple, is there a pattern of how ganon is moving?
If yes, how?

Thanks in advance!

Greetz Pjotr V

ctrl-alt-delete
09-06-2005, 09:19 AM
I do not believe there is a certain pattern. However, if you swing your sword in one of the areas that you have seen him appear, he will return there and you will damage him.

DarkFlameWolf
09-06-2005, 01:01 PM
He tends to hang out near the bottom middle of the screen. That's where I've most often hit him.

ShadowTiger
09-06-2005, 08:58 PM
Actually, he has a pattern of motion fairly similar to the randomness of a Manhandla or Digdogger, but with the actual size and speed of a blue darknut. Two hits with the master sword, and he'll be blue. Three or four with the magic sword, five to ten with the white sword, and heaven help me, I don't even want to think of having the wooden sword for such a battle.

FYI, his upper left corner counts as the hitzone. The lower left, lower right, and upper right are just for graphics and such.

Dlbrooks33
09-06-2005, 10:49 PM
Thanks for the info.

vegeta1215
09-07-2005, 02:05 AM
Actually, he has a pattern of motion fairly similar to the randomness of a Manhandla or Digdogger, but with the actual size and speed of a blue darknut. Two hits with the master sword, and he'll be blue. Three or four with the magic sword, five to ten with the white sword, and heaven help me, I don't even want to think of having the wooden sword for such a battle.

FYI, his upper left corner counts as the hitzone. The lower left, lower right, and upper right are just for graphics and such.

Actually, he has a pattern that is much like a circle. He will move clockwise or counter-clockwise around the room, changing directions when you bump into him or when you hit him with your sword. At least this is what I've gathered from fighting him many times on both the original NES cart and ZC.

btw, it takes four hits to stun him with the magic sword, eight with the white sword, and sixteen with the wooden sword (yes you read correctly!) I know cause I've done it before: http://www.geocities.com/vegeta121s/misc/zeldaChallenge.jpg (copy and paste)

Pjotr V
09-07-2005, 04:42 AM
thanks for the information

i also believed that there was some pattern

with this information i think i can complete it now in 38/39 minutes :)

my actual record is 42 minutes, but that is with the blue ring and i was not convenient fighting ganon without the blue ring

ShadowTiger
09-07-2005, 12:56 PM
Actually, he has a pattern that is much like a circle. He will move clockwise or counter-clockwise around the room, changing directions when you bump into him or when you hit him with your sword. At least this is what I've gathered from fighting him many times on both the original NES cart and ZC.Oh, I know that you know that this is what I had meant, but there was a bug in ZC a while ago, that, with I think either the Amulet 2, or the Lens of Truth, you were able to see Ganon's upper left (invisible) tile, via having a fireball sprite visible on his upper left corner. You'd track that thing down, etc, ... it definitely moved as fast as a Blue Darknut, and by "Random," I meant that although he'd move in a circular pattern, he'd still occasionally move in random directions and jerk around within that circular pattern.

... But now I'm just splitting hairs, so...

vegeta1215
09-07-2005, 01:27 PM
Sometimes I think he hops into the middle of the screen too, it's weird.

I never thought of trying to use one of the Amulet's in ZC to see where he was (can you do that with the Amulet?)