PDA

View Full Version : I am the motherfucking terminator

Beldaran
09-05-2005, 11:50 PM
This stupid fly has been buzzing around my apartment all day. I have been periodically cursing his existence and promising to end him. Just a few minutes ago, while I was blasting my new Nine Inch Nails CD and cleaning my kitchen, he buzzes right in my face. Like a total fucking pirate, I grab an empty box of cocacola and swing. I hear a satisfying "thunk" and that little bitch is on the floor squirming around.

I get down close and say

"This is my house, bitch!"

And *boom* I finish him off with the coke box.

I am a warrior. Share stories of your own bug conquests.

AtmaWeapon
09-06-2005, 12:04 AM
I swear you did a thread like this one time and it was much more awesome because the weapon was a coat hanger. It was a while ago and now the haze is clearing and it may have been JJMaxx but it was still cool.

For some reason killing bugs is immensely satisfying to me. One time I had to clean out our carport, and apparently it was the command center for the roach infestation we had at the time (it was external; they didn't dare come in the house).

It was like a ninja film; the roaches never came at me more than one at a time, but for 45 minutes every time I dispatched one, another would crawl out of the woodwork to attack.

In the end, I sent 58 roaches to their doom and it was nearly two years before their activities in my back yard reached the level they had been before that day.

Machiavelli
09-06-2005, 12:10 AM
You both are brave in ways that I can never imagine.

At my old apartment, our neighbors had moved and new ones came in. They brought roaches with them. I am deathly afraid of roaches. I fucking hate them. I complained about it and my mom told the landlord. He was a cheap bastard and kept putting off calling an exterminator. I bitched and maoned until my mom finaly got him to call. That apartment become a bug free zone thanks to me. Not even ants deared to enter. Personal conquest.

Beldaran
09-06-2005, 12:12 AM
In the end, I sent 58 roaches to their doom and it was nearly two years before their activities in my back yard reached the level they had been before that day.

Glorious.

Let the mighty insect destroyers bask in the invigorating light of their own viciousness.

http://www.forrestkyle.com/photos/indom.jpg

Lilith
09-06-2005, 12:14 AM
Sounds like a totally fucking insane adventure and reminds me of the time I--WHERE IS SARAH CONNOR

Rainman
09-06-2005, 01:43 AM
Killing flies is easy. My technique is to get my hands above them as close as possible then clap. 9 times out of 10 they fly up right in between my hands. Bees can be simple as well. When I was running Cross Country in high school bees were always hovering around a trash can near where we stretched. Naturally the whole team endeavored to kill as much as possible. Our standard technique was to just swat them down. They are slower than flies so it wasn't that hard and they don't get the chance to sting you. Sometimes we'd see them on the ground in little groups and we could just step on them. We must have killed hundreds of them.

theplustwo
09-06-2005, 01:48 AM
Naturally the whole team endeavored to kill as much as possible. Our standard technique was to just swat them down. They are slower than flies so it wasn't that hard and they don't get the chance to sting you. Sometimes we'd see them on the ground in little groups and we could just step on them. We must have killed hundreds of them.
I did the same thing when I was in tennis... except we had rackets. :evil:

Some Kinda Hate
09-06-2005, 01:51 AM
Oh my gosh that's so mean! :(

I don't kill things.

Great Warrior
09-06-2005, 04:52 AM
I kill flies and mosquitos with my hands and other bugs with my shoes. my girlfriend is afraid of roaches and even if i do not have any, i always inspect everywhere we go because she might become hysterical. Savior and Terminator IS me. :p

Darth Marsden
09-06-2005, 07:31 AM
My house, or rather my room, is like a holiday spa for bugs. Spiders and Moths, mostly. There's a peverse pleasure in whomping them as they (the Moths, rather then the Spiders) fly around or land on my monitor. I'd squish them by hand, but I'd get goop on my hands and that's just icky, so I use whatever's to hand. Bit of paper, sock, empty coke can, whatever. Then I have to clean the monitor, but it's a small price to pay.

Glitch
09-06-2005, 08:53 AM
Killing flies is easy. My technique is to get my hands above them as close as possible then clap. 9 times out of 10 they fly up right in between my hands.

Wow, someone else that uses my fly killing technique. People see me do that and wonder what the fuck I am doing. Like you, 9 times outta 10 I kill the fly.

Brasel
09-06-2005, 10:21 AM
Out of boredome one night I was using my gerber (utility tool with plyers, among other useful things) to torture the mosquitos that were eating me alive. I had scars from scratching them in my sleep, and I had counted at least a hundred bites on my body. I'd catch the fuckers, then subject them to torture by quartering and other fun things. You go crazy at times in Iraq...almost literally. I even think back to that with a bit of disgust, but those fuckers deserved it.

*b*
09-06-2005, 11:33 AM
probably the most creative way I've ever killed a bug is slamming them in a sliding window/door. there's no satisfying crunch (most of the time), but you know they're dead

AtmaWeapon
09-07-2005, 10:29 AM
All of us guys who live to kill bugs are the exterminator krew, here is our logo:
http://www.atmaweapon.org/images/thwompwned.gif

zoraking
09-07-2005, 06:03 PM
I like to pick up ants and crunch them by my best-friends mom. She hates the crunch. I also like to take salt and salt slugs outside. I had a party once when there were like ten on my best-friends porch. I like how the bend backwards.

Lutraphobiac
09-07-2005, 06:15 PM
I too love the art of fly killing. I use the technique that Rainman and Glitch deploy. The most basic advice I can give is to be mindful of escape routes. Best to have the fly come to the killing device than have the killing device come to the fly, for the fly is a quick and cunning foe.

Archibaldo
09-07-2005, 08:51 PM
About a month ago there like 4 flys flying around the computer and would always screw me up when I was playing WoW. So I took it upon myself to kill them all. I hunted each one down and brutally murdered it.

theplustwo
09-07-2005, 08:59 PM
Yeah, whenever there's a fly, or especially a bee or wasp I hear my name. Bugs ph34r me. http://images.theplustwo.com/emotes/ninja.gif

PolygonX8
09-07-2005, 10:25 PM
Same was also with a fly, and it annoyed me to no end. I had gotten the flyswatter, but it went into hiding. I was eating lunch at the time (Macaroni & cheese to be secific) and then suddenly the little bastard landing right into it; my FUCKING LUNCH. It eventually got up, and I grabbed the flyswatter and furiously swung at it until I actually hit it out of the air to the kitchen floor. I smashed it at least ten times with the fly swatter, then fetched my cat so she could eat it.

When I was younger, I used to go outside and kill flies with the swatter for fun.