PDA

View Full Version : Tileset for a Newbie?

DefEdge
09-05-2005, 09:30 PM
I have a great idea for my quest now, but I stink at making custom tiles. I've looked at the various tilesets offered on PureZC and AG's ZC site, but cannot seem to find one that fits what I would like to do. The LOZ (default) set seems like it would cause my quest to be disqualified in today's 'we want graphics' generation of ZCers, plus it doesn't seem to fit my needs.

But I want to do an alpha (doesn't focus on the graphics so much as creating the quest) before making my beta (implimenting the alpha with a tileset).

Any suggestions on an easy to use tileset? I kinda wanted to use a more modern look, not forests and caves, more like buildings, etc.

zelda777
09-05-2005, 10:40 PM
About the pure tileset it has some cool tiles in the set. :laughing:

DefEdge
09-05-2005, 10:57 PM
About the pure tileset it has some cool tiles in the set. :laughing:

Yes, Pure is nice, but it's too much woods and mountains for my taste. We have many of those (granted, LOZ was never a 'modern' title that took place in a more urban setting). The Megaman one was great, still a bit on the woodsy side for me though, plus it's not a public tileset, and I don't want to begin my questmaking career (a career?) being known as a tileripper. I would say what I want, but it would give away too much and then there would be no surprise. I've probably given too much anyway now.

Zelda_Warrior
09-06-2005, 05:15 PM
Another nice one is the Revenge 2 tileset, (Or is it 1?) I used to like this tileset, it has house tiles and is nice to use. Shattered Courage uses this tileset.

But that ahas a bit too much woods and mountains too probably, but another good one is that you can try the very crappy F-ZERO SPEEDWAY tielset! (Lol, just kidding, it sucks too much to use, although it does have some furturistic stuff in it.)

ZeldaLord
09-06-2005, 06:14 PM
I don't think there is an easy to use modern tileset. There's a megaman tileset that's going to be released soon, but that looks far from simple.

Zelda_Warrior
09-07-2005, 04:12 PM
You can use the unpassworded quest Link 300's tiles, but I don't think the author wants you to, but hey, they're asking for it if the quest is unpassworded.

Valientlink
09-07-2005, 05:02 PM
unpassworded wow (im not a noob or anything)
Oh crap g4s on.

DefEdge
09-07-2005, 09:22 PM
I've decided right now that I'll use the 2.10 test tileset for my quest I'm working on, which is more of an alpha (quest over graphics), then make the beta (graphics into the quest).

It's called Arena Fight - Link Version. When I get done, I'll have my sister test it out and she'll let me know if it's too easy or too hard. After that, I'll release it to the public. I'm beta-testing as I go because I'm a perfectionist, which sucks, but at least I'll know my quest is bug free this way.

Zelda_Warrior
09-08-2005, 06:12 PM
I beta test my wuest as I go too, and test it like 20 times once I finish the quest. Well, the final version of Oracle Of Hyrule and my quests i'm working on, I only beta tested my quests twice before those.