http://www.zippyvideos.com/8911023771013466/countdown-looting-in-walmart/400k

"What are you doing?"
"I'm doing my job."

Beldaran
09-05-2005, 11:23 AM
What a bunch of fucking losers.

Master Ghaleon
09-05-2005, 11:34 AM
Brothas and the Sistahs need to stick together. It looks like they are turning to survival tactics like they are in the jungle. I know its no excuse to loot just because you got hit with that hurricane but Im sure I would prolly do the same thing too. Just to see if I could get away with it. and why Wal Mart? I would of went straight for a bank. Grab some money and left town :o easier said then done.

Beldaran
09-05-2005, 11:59 AM
It looks like they are turning to survival tactics like they are in the jungle. .

Yeah because what jungle survivor doesn't need a cart full of shoes from Wal Mart?

AtmaWeapon
09-05-2005, 12:12 PM
Yes, and bicycles are necessary for survival in a flooded city as well. The tires have valuable air inside of them.

Gerudo
09-05-2005, 01:46 PM
i got a good laugh at how the one kid was wheeling a Power Wheels toy out of there unobstructed.

Master Ghaleon
09-05-2005, 10:56 PM
Yeah because what jungle survivor doesn't need a cart full of shoes from Wal Mart?

what the hell is he gonna do with those, make a boat outta it? They are still arent smart enough to go snag stuff that you can live off of. TV's - I mean go ahead and plug that SOB into the wall while you dont have electric and rot to death because you dont have food or water.

Tygore
09-06-2005, 09:18 AM
Sadly, most people aren't thinking "Survival", they're thinking "ZOMG FREE STUFF!" Tells you something about the human race.

ctrl-alt-delete
09-06-2005, 09:23 AM
This reminds me of the time that I saw two cop cars parked in front of the Dunkin Donuts on the way to my sister's house...I would have given anything to get pictures of that. On the way back, they were in 7-11 getting Big Gulp refills. Heh.

I heard about this video quite a few days ago, but could not find it until this thread, so thank you for the link.

Reputation of the New Orleans PD? Ruined forever...minus the 1000 or so that actually stayed behind.

Lutraphobiac
09-07-2005, 06:28 PM
Reputation of the New Orleans PD? Ruined forever...minus the 1000 or so that actually stayed behind.

Yea you should try working when your house is destroyed, family misplaced, and a section of the populace that you are trying to protect is actually fighting you.

That and they didn't have adequate support from organizations that should or needed to have been there.

Looting things that are needed for survival is pretty justified in my mind. As for the people looting luxuries, while I don't condone it, I can certainly understand their mindset. They have lost what little they were able to put together on thier "long hours and lousy paycheck" job and now they have an opportunity to get a little something back. A person in this world is valued sadly but what he owns. They just want some of that back.