PDA

View Full Version : Problem!!!

Dlbrooks33
09-04-2005, 05:52 PM
I REALLY need to know.

!!)How do I make Link have to push 2 or more blocks onto switches to make a Item and/or chest appear?

ShadowTiger
09-04-2005, 06:07 PM
Ah. First, let's set the chest which will appear.

Go to Data-->Secret Combos and go to the last tab; the one with a 4x4 grid of black spaces. Click the upper left one, (Corresponding with Flag #16, a secret flag.) and left click on it, and find the graphic of the chest that you want to use. (If the colors aren't right, press keypad + or - until they do.) Then, when you've got your chest graphic, press okay so you're back at that secret combos screen, and ctrl+Click on the graphic of the chest, and select Flag #10, Armos-->Item.

Now, press "R" and select "Special Item" as your room type. Press "A" and select the item you want in the chest. Great! Now, when the chest appears, you can slash it with your sword and the item will be in it!

Now, to make sure the secret gets triggered when -both- blocks are on their proper spot, ... well, you've got two kinds of flags here that are important. Hit F8 and look through all the flags around the 50 - 70 range. Those are the flags we'll be using for block puzzles.

Select Flag #61, (Can push in all directions, an infinite amount of times, and doesn't trigger door secrets or anything upon being pushed.) and place that flag #61 onto all of the blocks that you want to be pushed onto the triggers. Now, select the "Block Trigger" flag, and place them onto the two spots on the floor that you want to the blocks to go to trigger the secret.

Also, make sure the blocks are unwalkable, and the triggering floor locations are walkable.

When you test the quest, if pushing both blocks onto both spots doesn't work, go back to this screen, press F9 to access the Screen Flags list, and check "Block-->Shutter" or something like that, but you probably won't have to.

Good luck. :) Be sure to tell me how it works out. ^_^

LinkMaster500
09-04-2005, 09:16 PM
Dlbrooks33:

If you want, you can use the other block push flags to control the directions the quest player can push the blocks--that is, if you want to make more complicated block puzzles in the future. But the main thing is to test your puzzles in Zelda Classic to make sure they are solvable.

Dlbrooks33
09-05-2005, 01:51 AM
It worked, thanks a lot, and trust me those 2 quests i submitted to zc already won't compare to this quest! :love:

Dlbrooks33
09-05-2005, 03:58 PM
Now can you tell me how to make 2 or more blocks make an item appear?

Valientlink
09-07-2005, 04:26 PM
I don't think I know that. Just use flag 16 or listen to britanhero. Use enemies item and secret. Wait can you do that?