PDA

View Full Version : dungeon problems

obake-san
09-04-2005, 05:47 AM
iv been working on a quest on and off for the last year or two, and after taking a long break from it, im up to the final testing of the quest. the quest is playable, but there are a bunch of graphical problems, some that i knew about and some that appear to be new.

1 when link comes out of an underground passageway, he flashes where he left the tunnel on the new screen before he appears in the right place. its not important but its kind of annoying cause iv never seen this before.

2 for some reason, the highest half-level of horizontal position is walkable, while in most quests, it isnt inside a dungeon. could this have something to do with "freeform dungeons" being checked?

3 dark rooms for me dont show up correctly. they are definitely darker, but you can still see all of the tiles. how can i fix that?

hopefully i can get this all fixed soon, i dont want to release it until theres nothing wrong with it at all. damn ocd...

Freedom
09-04-2005, 11:46 AM
1, that's the way it is in the 2.10
2, I don't know what a "highest half level" is.
3, in the palette (sounds like pure) remove the row of gray colors.

ShadowTiger
09-04-2005, 11:52 AM
3 dark rooms for me dont show up correctly. they are definitely darker, but you can still see all of the tiles. how can i fix that?lol, dark rooms are kind of outdated. :p There are far better ways of doing that now. If you're using ZC 1.92 Build 182, or version 2.10, (Which most everyone is probably using by now.) You can simply layer a transparent black color on layer 6, (The topmost layer) so the room looks dark. To do that, go to a screen that you'll never use, fill that with a black combo (Doesn't have to be walkable or anything, just as long as it's all black. Then remember that screen number and map number, and go back to the screen you want made dark. Go to Data-->Layers and under the right-most layer, put in the map and screen numbers, and check the "transparent" checkbox. Hopefully, if you followed these instructions right, your ENTIRE room should be darker, not just the terrain. The player will also be dark, as well as every projectile he/she throws. Cool, huh? :p

2 for some reason, the highest half-level of horizontal position is walkable, while in most quests, it isnt inside a dungeon. could this have something to do with "freeform dungeons" being checked?Absolutely. ;) "Freeform Dungeons" allows your DNGN (Dungeon, obviously) type Dmaps to behave like a nice cross between Cave style Dmaps and Dungeon style Dmaps. The doors still work, (But be careful with northward walk-through-walls.) but you can walk all around the room, instead of just in the center. Oh, but you still walk those several spaces into the room upon entry. If you don't want that to happen, you'll have to stick to Cave Dmaps, and figure out a way to work around doors, since the "official" doors (Hit F6) don't work in Cave Dmaps.

1 when link comes out of an underground passageway, he flashes where he left the tunnel on the new screen before he appears in the right place. its not important but its kind of annoying cause iv never seen this before. ... Flashes? O.O' Can you explain this please? (Or take screenshots?) I've never found Link to ... flash ... upon entry. :odd:

obake-san
09-04-2005, 03:28 PM
well, when you come out of the underground tunnel, the entire side-view screen goes black. then normally, the new screen would fade in, and then link would appear where hes supposed to (the blue square i think, or maybe its the green, i know which it just slipped my mind for the moment).

what happens for me is, the side-view screen goes black. then the new screen fades in and link fades in with it at the position where he exited the side view screen instead of where hes supposed to be. once the screen fully fades in, he instantly moves to where hes supposed to be and from then on its like normal

Freedom
09-04-2005, 04:52 PM
what happens for me is, the side-view screen goes black. then the new screen fades in and link fades in with it at the position where he exited the side view screen instead of where hes supposed to be. once the screen fully fades in, he instantly moves to where hes supposed to be and from then on its like normal

Yes, it's a bug in the 2.10, basically you'll have to live with it