PDA

View Full Version : Apology: The choices we make:

ShadowTiger
09-03-2005, 10:53 PM
This is one of the most difficult things I've ever had to write. I have betrayed my real friends to find the favor of those who I had thought were my friends, and had been betrayed by the same. Waking nightmare does not even begin to approach what has been going on in my head for the past week or two. Not a day nor night has passed, that I have not thought about all of the recent incidents at HaB. Not a day nor night has passed, that I have not wanted to craft this heartfelt public apology. Not a day nor night has passed, ... that I have not re-analyzed the meaning of "taking the internet too seriously," as I have hurt real people, internet or not.

For the past months, I have been associating myself with Glenn the great. I had been speaking with him, and listening to his plans to harrass AGN. I had been sitting right there next to him, thinking of him as a brilliant and misunderstood person with a talent for programming and web development, despite the warnings of an entire community. I should have realized that that was my first mistake; to disregard the labelling of the entirety of AGN and more to Glenn. It is my own fault that I am far too trusting and docile an individual to regard the warnings of an entire community regarding this person. I was a fool to have been by his side. We should all learn to know who our true friends are. Trust is a crucial element in the lives of every man and woman on this Earth. Without the proper use and orientation of this truth, we are no better than I was in the recent month. I am only glad that I was able to sever all ties with the fiend. I will not willingly subject myself or anyone I know to his foolish whims ever again. I am happy to have left all that behind. I am still at fault for my wrongdoings though. Nothing that I say can change that.

And now, I have one person in particular who I must apologize to. I know that no apology I can make can truly restore whatever respect you had once had for me, Breaker, and I understand that; but I still wish to make amends for what I have done, as I wouldn't be able to stand not doing so. I regret my actions more than I can tell you all. Although it had gone against my better judgement, I had done it anyway, and am thoroughly shocked and ashamed of myself for it. The things I had done, ... unthinkable to men with intact logic and reason. There is no real reason to have done what I had done, and I am still trying to figure out what the purpose of such a thing was. "Stupid" comes to mind in droves, followed by "Pointless."

Although I am glad to have severed my ties with Glenn and his forum, I still must make amends for my actions toward Breaker, and I am more than willing to do anything it takes to restore everything to its state before my period of time spent with Glenn. Again, there is no logical reason for anyone to do anything drastic (or even lesser so) toward this person. Breaker does nothing but reinforce AGN's infrastructure, add content to the site, ensure its safety and stability, and create a gathering point for community activity. For that, we should all be immensely grateful for his company. Cursed be those who should ever doubt such a thing; and cursed be to myself for doubting it for however long.

I must also apologize for the creation of a puppet "Breaker" acount that had been made. I suppose it was a creation of boredom and a certain perverted creativity rather than malice, but it was a mockery nevertheless. Even worse, I had done Breaker a great disservice by posting his private FTP information. Such a thing is unthinkable. I doubt I could come up with a proper apology for that if I tried. I'm sure I'll think of a way. I can't let a thing like that go. I'd be surprised if Breaker did.

... Now, there's something about having time to think about your actions, desires, and thoughts, that really puts things into perspective. I am so glad to have had this opportunity to make (at least partial) amends for my deeds, as it really shows you just what you are fighting to keep. I have loved AGN since I had joined. There are so many wonderful people to converse with, to share ideas with, ... so much to do, so much to see; the Think Tank, the lively discussions in GD, ... Zelda Classic, ... I could never imagine having never been a part of it all. To compromise all of that is such a strange thought, that to think I could have done something that even I can't believe what I have done.

With that said, I can only hope that you will all sense my sincerity, and look upon me favorably despite the unconscienable wrongs I have committed against the AGN that we all know and love. Please know that if I had truly desired to commit those wrongs, I would not be here apologizing for those actions. I would far rather be burned alive than to betray your trust again.

Thank you all for your time, it is greatly appreciated. Best wishes to you all.

Subtract from my reputation (http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=87876#)
Go on. You know you want to. I deserve it.

me2
09-03-2005, 11:04 PM
Don't be so hard on yourself, man. =/

ShadowTiger
09-03-2005, 11:07 PM
Thanks, me2, but I really should be. =/ Breaker doesn't deserve all that stuff that happened to him at HaB. I mean, what has he done to deserve it? :shrug: Nothing, as far as I can tell. And an unprovoked attack, particularly when you can't even see it, is hardly redeemable.

BTW, I've missed you. ^_^ Nice to see you again, me2. :)

Archibaldo
09-03-2005, 11:09 PM
Meh, what's the worst Glenn could have done? Screw around a web site filled with a crap load of mindless dribble? In the end isn't that what a forum is? A website filled with mindless dribble? Glenn had just been playing a few too many RPG's.

Sephiroth
09-03-2005, 11:09 PM
Kudos, BH4.. Welcome back.. I am most touched by that post of yours.. May you ever enjoy your long stay here. :)

Lilith
09-03-2005, 11:42 PM
"This is one of the most difficult things I've ever had to write. I have betrayed my real friends to find the favor of those who I had thought were my friends, and had been betrayed by the same. Waking nightmare does not even begin to approach what has been going on in my head for the past week or two."

I LOL'D

posting in a legendary thread.

Starkist
09-03-2005, 11:47 PM
If I was ever banned from AGN or any other web forum I would go do something with my life.

SNOWCOCK
09-03-2005, 11:55 PM
OMG DID YOU EVER SEE THE MOVIE PI, THE GUY WENT INSANE AND DRILLED A HOLE IN HIS HEAD BECAUSE HE THOUGHT ABOUT PI SO MUCH. IT WOULD BE FUNNY IF YOU DID THE SAME THING ONLY BECAUSE OF AGN INSTEAD OF PI.

Beldaran
09-04-2005, 12:08 AM
If I was ever banned from AGN or any other web forum I would go do something with my life.

But since you're not banned, you'll just continue not doing anything with your life? :D

Trying to conceptualize how stupid this whole thing is like trying to imagine infinity.

theplustwo
09-04-2005, 12:47 AM
When I was little, my mother told me never to look directly into the sun.

Be cool, BH4.

Rijuhn
09-04-2005, 01:20 AM
I would far rather be burned alive than to betray your trust again.

:odd: Wow! I wouldn't want to be burned alive for anything or anyone. Thank God I've grown up and realized that pixels can't hurt me, if I don't let 'em. To me it seems like you just need to have a break from the digital world for a couple of weeks.

I'm the past I've fasted from all things electronic; tv, radio, video games, the computer as a whole, my cell phone. Then over the next two weeks I would slowly reintroduced myself to the important stuff. I also wasn't getting any sun or outdoor activity either, which can trigger a lot of messed up thinking.

Now that I think about it, I need to get some sun on my face.

JayeM
09-04-2005, 03:17 AM
Rijuhn: I'm the past I've fasted from all things electronic... That sounds like something we should all do occasionally. I get a little bit of it by visiting my Mother for a few days, but your idea sounds more effective.

carrot red
09-04-2005, 09:01 AM
thinking of him as a brilliant and misunderstood person with a talent for programming and web development

Glenn is a self-centered moron who makes hatred for people on the (1) Internet the center of his pitiful existence, who never cared for anyone but himself and who uses people on the (2) Internet to achieve his (3) Internet goals because he has no real life outside of the (4) Internet and he doesn’t know when to stop because he’s afraid to find out what we all already know about him: He doesn’t exist anywhere but on the (5) Internet.

Welcome back, BH4. You were missed. : )

Darth Marsden
09-04-2005, 09:29 AM
It certainly seems as though you're genuinely sorry for your mistakes. It may take some time for a few people to gain your trust again, but at least you've got the chance. Make good use of it.

And being the n00b here who isn't a moron (I'm looking at you, SnowCock), I'm not entirely sure what it is that you/Glenn did. I gather he's trying to hack the boards, rather pathetically it seems, but would it be too much to ask what exactly you did, BH4?

carrot red
09-04-2005, 09:34 AM
lol
DM, SNOWCOCK is by no means a n00b or a moron.

Darth Marsden
09-04-2005, 09:43 AM
lol
DM, SNOWCOCK is by no means a n00b or a moron. WELL HE CERTAINLY SOUNDS LIKE IT. I'LL GIVE YOU THAT HE'S NOT NEW, BUT REALLY, NOBODY TALKS LIKE THIS THESE DAYS... RIGHT?

Eckels
09-04-2005, 10:13 AM
Back on topic plz.

zfreak2004
09-04-2005, 10:14 AM
WELL HE CERTAINLY SOUNDS LIKE IT. I'LL GIVE YOU THAT HE'S NOT NEW, BUT REALLY, NOBODY TALKS LIKE THIS THESE DAYS... RIGHT?
I don't know about you guys, but I'm finding this highly amusing.

btw, It's good to have you back BH4.

Glitch
09-04-2005, 10:26 AM
Once a liar always a liar.

Beldaran
09-04-2005, 10:46 AM

I kind of feel that way too. BH4 was so "nice" during all of this while he was secretly and ridiculously trying to destroy AGN. (whatever that means.) Not that it keeps me up at night, but he did lie to me, and to all of us.

I'm not a turd, nor am I obsessed with the internet, so of course I "forgive" him, but I don't think I really trust him al that much anymore.

Gerudo
09-04-2005, 11:34 AM
I find this thread a bunch of horseshit.

I feel that BH4 was forced to do this, or have his access from AGN revoked permanently. I think it's a load of crap to apologize to a community that (1) probably doesn't even know what he did, or (2) doesn't really give a 747 full of cow intestines enough to actually care about this topic to warrant a reply aside from sarcasm.

"Internet. Serious Business."

BH4, in my eyes, the last thing you needed to do is apologize. I know somewhere, someone is laughing at you because you totally ddn't need to do this.

Also, the replies you people post about you don't know if you can trust BH4 anymore are total lines of garbage too.

Kamaria
09-04-2005, 11:50 AM
I would trust BH4 with my life. Honestly.

Dechipher
09-04-2005, 06:21 PM
I don't think he was forced to do this. Honestly, I don't think anyone would care enough to force him to do anything. I can tell that's him speaking up there, and almost certainly not against his will.

BH4....don't take the internet so seriously man. Like, seriously.

fatcatfan
09-04-2005, 07:36 PM
Once a liar always a liar.Which is a good word of warning concerning Glenn.

If hating Breaker is a crime, there'd be a lot of people in prison. I don't excuse BH4's actions, but considering the disrespect shown to him around here lately, when he's been nothing but friendly to everyone, is it any wonder he felt compelled to retaliate? His mistake was in letting Glenn encourage those feelings to the point of acting on them.

Yes, BH4's return was conditional upon just such a statement of apology. That is, if he didn't apologize, he'd still be banned. But if you've paid any attention to him at all, you know he'd probably have said something similar of his own accord given the chance.

Anywho, welcome back. Now behave yourself, because you've used your mulligan. Don't make the hateful things people have to say about you true.

Master Ghaleon
09-04-2005, 07:52 PM
SNOWCOCK for president FTW.

BH4 I dunno why you would of wanted to take part in something like that, but you got lucky that they allowed you to post again here. Be a bit wiser in the future.

Rainman
09-04-2005, 08:43 PM
Welcome back BH4.

I don't know why you guys are saying that you can't trust him anymore. He's not the kind of kid who is actively malicious unless misled by assholes like Glenn. I fully believe his apology and he seems now much better equipped to avoid being misled again. My advice to him is what I always tell people in incidents like this. Lay low for a while, avoid participating in forum controversies, and, of course, stop taking the internets so seriously.

Seriously, BH4. The main way you can tell that you are on the wrong side of an internet controversy is if you are on the side that is taking the internet entirely too seriously. Glenn is probably most guilty of this of all. The internet can be your entertainment, but don't make it your life.

Sephiroth
09-04-2005, 08:59 PM
Welcome back BH4.

I don't know why you guys are saying that you can't trust him anymore. He's not the kind of kid who is actively malicious unless misled by assholes like Glenn. I fully believe his apology and he seems now much better equipped to avoid being misled again. My advice to him is what I always tell people in incidents like this. Lay low for a while, avoid participating in forum controversies, and, of course, stop taking the internets so seriously.

Seriously, BH4. The main way you can tell that you are on the wrong side of an internet controversy is if you are on the side that is taking the internet entirely too seriously. Glenn is probably most guilty of this of all. The internet can be your entertainment, but don't make it your life.
Very well said.. Me? I try not to let the internet take over like that for I don't believe about that stuff. The internet can be your friend if you don't just believe what anything says to you.. Especially those annoying adverts all over the place. X_X

AtmaWeapon
09-04-2005, 09:34 PM
I am somewhat reminded of the motivation behind Anakin Skywalker's internal struggle in the novel version of "Revenge of the Sith". (The novel version is like what you would get in the movie if Lucas was a good director.)

One of Anakin's strongest motivations was loyalty to friends; this was the reason why he was famous for always going out of his way to save Obi-Wan when on missions. However, his friendship with Palpatine meant he was loyal to Palpatine as well as the Jedi. Palpatine poisoned Anakin's mind, and all of a sudden Anakin found himself struggling to find a way to be loyal to all of his friends at once. Such an option did not exist, and Anakin chose the wrong friend.

Somehow, I see in BH4 a person who wanted to make everyone happy and was used by a jerk.

fatcatfan
09-04-2005, 10:32 PM
/offtopic

yes, the novel (I listened to the audiobook actually) is so much better than the movie

and I think you have it quite right, Atma.

Gerudo
09-04-2005, 11:56 PM
I don't think he was forced to do this.

ok, fine, maybe not forced, but it was highly suggested that he do this, and we all know BH4's good nature.

goKi
09-05-2005, 12:08 AM

Quoted for emphasis.

I find this thread a bunch of horseshit.

Also, the replies you people post about you don't know if you can trust BH4 anymore are total lines of garbage too.

Grow up... :\

bigjoe
09-05-2005, 12:23 AM
I agree with the notion that BH4 was being used. He's about the most polite person I've met on the internet. Polite people are easily exploited, whether or not it is part of conspiracy. (And I still think that the post over there made by BH4 sounds sarcastic.....)

Starkist
09-05-2005, 12:28 AM
If you had read the threads in Glenn's forum where they plotted to 'destroy' AGN or whatnot, you who defend BH4 may change your tune. His posts were not the posts of one being used, they were posts of one who threw himself in with the crowd, even to the point of taking the lead at times.

Kevin
09-05-2005, 12:53 AM
One who registers for a forum, actually sets up a profile, gains access to a private forum about causing trouble, makes long posts about said trouble (although there wasn't much of that anyhow), and tries to help out, is not being used, nor is trustworthy. I lurk a lot, but anyone with a brain can use easy logic like I just did.

Gerudo
09-07-2005, 01:03 AM
Grow up... :\
explain.

and please, Starkist. I've been through Glenn's forums. Trust me, you have nothing to worry about as far as that shit goes. You all can get off the paranoia horse now.

Why do I defend BH4? He is my friend, and never done me any wrong. A simple joke about "overthrowing AGN" will never hurt that fact.

goKi
09-07-2005, 01:22 AM
explain.

You'd defend a child sex offender in court if he gave you the time 15 years ago.

Gerudo
09-07-2005, 01:28 AM
Not entirely sure what you mean there, buddy, but it sounds to me like you're making an innuendo about the fact that I adamantly defend those who I think need it, associating that with the fact that I suck or sucked penis at one point and time.

I also think it's funny to watch people pull put their knives when I turn 180˚...

goKi
09-07-2005, 01:30 AM
Nope... I mean you'd defend anyone you're acquainted with, even if they're completely wrong.

Gerudo
09-07-2005, 01:32 AM
Why shouldn't I defend someone that I'm not only acquainted with, but think very highly of? I'm not so insipid to completely disown someone over something as minute as the topic of discussion in this thread.

edit:
damn typos.

KingArthur
09-07-2005, 01:35 AM
i dont blame BH4 at all, Glenn was just doing what Glenn does, poisoning peoples minds and taking advantage of fake friendship, hell.. he even ADMITTED to doing it on his stupid forums, and said he's going to continue doing it to get what he wants, suggesting that others do the same. He preys on the innocent, gaining their trust, nd them just screws them over in the end. simple as that. Welcome back BH4, i dont blame ya, and you got to learn first hand that you cant trust glenn.

Sephiroth
09-07-2005, 08:55 AM
i dont blame BH4 at all, Glenn was just doing what Glenn does, poisoning peoples minds and taking advantage of fake friendship, hell.. he even ADMITTED to doing it on his stupid forums, and said he's going to continue doing it to get what he wants, suggesting that others do the same. He preys on the innocent, gaining their trust, nd them just screws them over in the end. simple as that. Welcome back BH4, i dont blame ya, and you got to learn first hand that you cant trust glenn.
Don't want to flame anyone but.. KingArthur is right.. Glenn is just taking advantage of others' kindness for his gain and I happened to be one of the people he took advantage of.. However, I never intended to harm AGN or any other site in the process so I just found myself leaving his ass in the gutter with his stupid forum. No matter what he tries to do, I will never put up with his crap again.

Glitch
09-07-2005, 09:03 AM

That right there is a load of horse shit. Notice the bolded text. If you knew anything that was going on you would know that BH4 was no puppet of Glenn's. He came up with his own ideas and suggested them to the rest of the trash at HaB.

I'm tired of this "omg BH4 is a good guy! He was just a pawn in Glenn's plot!" It's funny. If someone is stupid enough to fall in with Glenn then I have lost all respect for them. You have to be a complete fucktard to believe anything that Lilth-Obcessed, Piss-Fetish, Squeaky voiced child says. And those are the kind of people I sure as hell don't want any input from on a forum.

Verman
09-07-2005, 10:16 AM
Atma, that was probably the most geeky thing I have ever heard... Comparing a reallife senario to Star Wars. On a scale of 1 to 10 thats a 12! ha! :D (not that geeky is bad, I laughed hysterically)

What does overthrow AGN mean BTW? AGN has no power, its just a guy's webforum where they talk about shit... There is nothign to overthrow! Its not like a bunch of gangs in chicago or something.

You know what would be the best thing to do to glenn? Totally ignore him. Just ignore him; stop talking about him, stop thinking about him. Ban him when he makes an account and think nothing off of it. He obviously loves the attention and threads like this probably make his day! (because I'm sure he or a buddy is scanning the boards ;))

So lets all just ignore his ass. All he has is the internet and I kinda feel sorry for him because of how much of loser and social retard he is. So lets hit him where it hurts and ignore him :D

biggiy05
09-07-2005, 10:32 AM
It's a forum! Everyone of you that is talking about not trusting BH4 is taking the internet way to serious. He posts threads about destroying AGN along with Glenn. The chances of them taking down a whole forum are what?

Some people have no life other than online and when someone talks about trying to take down a forum you all piss your pants and talk about not being able to trust them anymore. What the hell do you trust someone on the net with? He went and posted stupid shit on a forum, he said he was sorry even though it was suggested he did, and now everyone attacks him.

Who cares if he posted the threads, it's not like he was gonna actually take down the forums successfully. Grow up and stop your whining about not being able to trust him.

fatcatfan
09-07-2005, 05:36 PM
Enough already. Calling people liars and such talk as continue here are only one step removed from flaming. Shut up. Trust him or not as you like. Time will tell who's right or wrong, and everyone deserves a second chance.