View Full Version : We <3 Katamari

Slake
09-01-2005, 08:09 PM
http://www.gamefly.com.edgesuite.net/images/games/e/114995e.jpg
September 20, 2005
$30
Date & Price subject to change.

Holy hell I can't wait :D

PS The music is awesome too, you guys should get the OST.

Eckels
09-01-2005, 08:21 PM
is that a sequel to katamari damashi?

Saffith
09-01-2005, 09:03 PM
Sure is. It's been out in Japan for some time now, so we already know it's good.
All I know of it is what I've seen on TV and read online, but that's enough to know I can't wait for it...
The music's still great, and everything's still bizarre and nonsenical.
There's cooperative multiplayer now, with two tiny players pushing the same katamari. It looks as tricky as it sounds.
There are several variations on the basic theme, such as levels where you can only pick up a certain number or type of items. There's even a level in which you roll a sumo wrestler around instead of a katamari, picking up food to make him fatter. And, I'm not certain, but I've seen several times what appears to be a level where your katamari is tied to the back of a motorcycle.

So, more of the same, more or less. Hard to complain about that.

Darth Marsden
09-02-2005, 07:54 AM
I'll wait for the (I believe) forthcoming DS version. Still, pretty cool that it's finally out in the States.

AtmaWeapon
09-02-2005, 10:38 AM
Sweet, I'll make sure to have my TV ready before then :)

AlexMax
09-03-2005, 02:23 AM
I've listened to the soundtrack to this game, and it's absoltely fucking awesome. Can't wait for this one. :D

Cloral
09-03-2005, 09:37 PM
I played the 2 playable levels at e3, and it impressed me enough for me to finally go out and buy the first one in the series. This should be great.

Masamune
09-11-2005, 12:56 AM
I was just playing a bit ago and I love it more than the first. The king shoots laser eyes at you on failure! XD Can't wait until the 20th so I can understand what they're saying.

KJAZZ
09-12-2005, 03:30 PM
Yep, can't wait. Going to pick it up for sure. :D

Saffith
09-21-2005, 06:03 PM
Got it a few hours ago. It's quite wonderful.
You get to see the King as a child. And his father, who is a total hardass.
Speaking of which, my first planet after the tutorial was Sticky Uranus. This was followed by Replaceable Neptune and Tropical Fish Mercury, mixed in with a few nameless ones.
Then I made a snowman whose head was thrice as large as his body and full of screaming children and fire.
You really should buy this game at once.

And buy the soundtrack (http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=COCX-33273), too. Truly excellent. And one of the songs is a medley of all the songs from the first game done in animal sounds.

AtmaWeapon
09-21-2005, 08:41 PM
oh man too bad gamestop just closed I will have to check on it tomorrow.

KJAZZ
09-22-2005, 02:18 AM
Well, I bought it today, and played it for hours. I agree, it is a very great game. If you liked the first one, you'll probably want to pick this one up as well. (And it's only $30..)

MANDRAG GANON
09-22-2005, 09:24 AM
Shiz, I still gotta pick this up! Forgot it was this late in the month already.
Ha it's awesome my teacher is up here talking about Katamari Damacy right now :o.

Cloral
09-23-2005, 08:26 PM
Picked it up last night. The intro video is actually pretty good. You can tell they put more resources into this one than the last one.
As for the music, I've only played the first couple levels, but I have yet to hear any songs as good as the better songs from the first one.