PDA

View Full Version : Millionth Question about making special rooms and shops

Gonzo Merman
09-01-2005, 07:07 PM
Okay here goes. I am going to type this out excatly to find out what I'm doing wrong.
I want to make a special room.
1. I have created a house with a door entry as cave entry up. I also crated a different map for all of my special rooms. I went to tile warp enter type of warp as entrance/exit and dmap as 124(That is where my special item rooms are going to be on) with screen 00. It directly warps there. DMap 124 info is that it is a dungeon. Now. On screen 00 of map 124, I insert the data as
item:heart container
guy:fire(to enter in my own npc)
message string.

I got nothing. It warps here, but no message string or npc appears, just item :odd:

attempt 2
back at my original screen, I insert the data here
insert the data as
item:heart container
guy:fire(to enter in my own npc)
message string.
:(
attempt 3
back at my original screen, I insert type of warp as cave/item room, I go to 80 of original dmap
:mad:
So to round it up, How do I create a special room or shop, using another dmap with a npc and type or should I just stick to using room 80?

Questwizard88
09-01-2005, 07:35 PM
on the screen outside the house, set up an Entrance-Exit Tile Warp to the dMap and screen with the inside of the house. Leave all room data such as type, string, and guy empty for the outside, and set the data for the inside of the house as this and see if it works:
Room Type: Special Item
Guy: Fire
Sp. Item: Heart Container
String: Whatever string you want to use

Also, I usually have to mark the screen on the dungeon map in the dmap editor for this to work.

EDIT: Its best to use a level number other than 0 for these special maps as well. Make sure the number you use isn't already in use though.

Gonzo Merman
09-06-2005, 03:47 PM
Hum. I tried that. Maybe my zclassic is retarded. its 2.10 version. Oh well. thanks for the reply

Zelda_Warrior
09-06-2005, 05:12 PM
The dmap level has to be something other than '1', and the dmap type can't be overworld or bs overworld

Gonzo Merman
09-06-2005, 05:16 PM
Okay, I will give it a whirl, would I have to make my maps as a freestyle dungeon then?