PDA

View Full Version : Fiyerstorm & hurricane katrina

Lilith
08-31-2005, 09:39 PM
Our old friend Fiyerstorm (http://www.armageddongames.net/member.php?u=5919) lived in New Orleans and has been evacuated to Texas because his house is probably underwater right now. Everything may be lost, he was also attending a university in New Orleans, likely also destroyed, meaning all records lost...his job and his family's jobs are out of commision, etc. Anyway, most of you have been watching the news lately and I don't want to give a big sob story here. Right now, they are estimating people living there won't be able to return to their homes for 1 or 2 months. Looking at the destruction, I'm guessing longer.

I'm not really sure how the insurance companies are going to be dealing with New Orleans, but from the few people I've heard of dealing with them, they seem to be in over their heads and avoidant...it may be on a scale they can't really deal with. It isn't a few buildings falling down or a lot of minor damage, but an entire major city full of different individuals with different accounts for different things, completely wiped out and left with nothing. I'm sure that the companies will be able to pay some of it, but I am doubting they can pay the full cost of damages.

If you would like to, please send money PayPal (http://www.paypal.com) to his account at [email protected]. It would be a big help to him and his family. He doesn't have internet access yet and doesn't know about this, but when he gets online again it would be a good thing to lift his spirits from what will be going on him for who knows how long. Anyway thanks, it would help.

edit: I tried sending some and it said the account was unverified, so I will have to text message him to see if it works and bump the topic when I can confirm that.

Dechipher
08-31-2005, 09:49 PM
These kinda things make you think about how shitty your life isn't.

Slake
08-31-2005, 09:50 PM
Wow, that sucks. =/

moocow
08-31-2005, 10:47 PM
<3 Fiyer. I'm going to do what I can to help him =/

Gerudo
08-31-2005, 10:48 PM
Wow, that sucks. =/
oh yes. it sucks. on a scale larger than your little mind could ever imagine.

i guess i should have given him my cell# after all...

MrCow
08-31-2005, 10:50 PM
Ive been talking to him on his phone every day if anyone has a message they want me to relay let me know. Moo I already relayed your message, he was happy about it.

Lilith
08-31-2005, 10:56 PM
bump for change in email address.

gogogogo.

moocow
08-31-2005, 11:07 PM
Ive been talking to him on his phone every day if anyone has a message they want me to relay let me know. Moo I already relayed your message, he was happy about it.

Thanks honey :D

MrCow
08-31-2005, 11:16 PM
no problem. I'm gonna relay masa's message tomorrow when we talk. Anyone else?

MottZilla
09-01-2005, 03:11 AM
Let Fiyer know I wish him the best. I'm glad to see he's alright. I don't think the insurance companies are going to be helping anytime soon in a very significant way. First they have to fix the levys and pump out all that water and the pumps require electricity and such. Sadly it could be quite some time before people get insurance claims for their homes.

DsS Game
09-01-2005, 07:18 AM
Same here. I wish him the best and when I finally get back into working with fed ex. I'll try to donate what I can.

AlexMax
09-01-2005, 11:18 AM
Well shit, that must suck. Best of luck to him.

Orion
09-01-2005, 12:21 PM
When something like this happens to you, even just a note expressing your sympathies means the world.

Breaker
09-01-2005, 02:08 PM
Fiyerstorm... think of it as just God's way of telling you that you've lived a wicked jewish life. <3

theplustwo
09-01-2005, 02:45 PM
Well shit, that must suck.
oh yes. it sucks. on a scale larger than your little albino mind could ever imagine.

MrCow
09-01-2005, 04:25 PM
Just got a txt from fiyer, He got online at the place hes staying at and saw the topic and figured it out. He is very greatful and sends his <3.

Fiyerstorm
09-01-2005, 09:54 PM
Fiyerstorm... think of it as just God's way of telling you that you've lived a wicked jewish life. <3

*cries*

Hello there. :o

The people we're staying with have a very sexy iMac (still annoying to work with). DSL, too. :o I'm gonna see if I can hook up my wireless router to their connection so I can have access from either mine or my sister's PC.

Firstly, I don't even know how grateful I am to have two best friends such as MrCow and Queenie. They've dealt with me for the past 4-5 years and the friendship is still strong. Queenie is an amazing person for what she did.

I'm kinda glad I found out about this soon cause it always makes me feel ugh when people give stuff to me, lol. Whatever is PayPaled to me, I'm gonna payback when I'm able to work again. My Chuck E. Cheese flooded with at least 6 feet of water. pwny.

But I am grateful to be part of a community like AGN. You guys rawk. :D

btw, apparently, my house flooded only 2 or 3 feet of water and so the damage should be minimal. My school is next to the lake so it's like University of Atlantis (loololool). I have the option of attending school elsewhere now but I think I'm gonna take the semester off and help my family out.

This online support though, blew me out of the water (pun intended). Just because I don't see your faces or hear your voices everyday, you're still on the same level as my friends I do see everyday.

Wow wow wow.

<3

DsS Game
09-01-2005, 10:25 PM
man that's cool. I guess your lucky to still have a place that hasnt suffered much so nothing has really been lost.

Yeah we all care. Just glad to hear from you mang.

Eckels
09-01-2005, 10:26 PM
lubu fiyer. I've been thinking about you all day. If I had a dime to spare, I'd send it, and I feel terrible that I can't. truth is, we've been having a bit of difficulty simply paying our bills lately, let alone having extra cash.

I can't begin to imagine what you and your family are going through, all I can do is wish you the best of hopes, and that you can re-settle quickly. Good luck man.

biggiy05
09-01-2005, 10:47 PM
Hey glad your okay and your house made, wish everyones house was as lucky as yours.

Good luck with everything and take care of your self.

cyberkitten
09-02-2005, 12:05 AM
lubu fiyer. you're too secksy to float off into the ocean, sweetie, so don't, k? ;) wanna share your txt address so we can randomly brighten your day with little messages?
*ck gives fiyer kitty noserubs
omg, and is binky ok?!!

Ganonator
09-02-2005, 01:30 AM
Even I can come back to say that you will be in my thoughts. I wish you the best, man.

Glitch
09-02-2005, 09:02 AM
lubu fiyer. you're too secksy to float off into the ocean, sweetie, so don't, k? ;) wanna share your txt address so we can randomly brighten your day with little messages?

Yes share the txt number, or at least pm it to me. It's great to hear that you are safe and sound man.

So where are you staying at? Before you left did you see any of the looting/craziness?

theplustwo
09-02-2005, 11:23 AM
So where are you staying at? Before you left did you see any of the looting/craziness?He was smart enough to leave before the hurricane hit, it seems. Only the people stubborn enough to stay would have seen the looting, since it didn't start until after the destruction.

MANDRAG GANON
09-02-2005, 05:10 PM
Ah man thats terrible, I'm really glad to see that you are alright Fiyerstorm. I was worried that someone I might know online might be caught up in that. It's good to see you made it out alright.

bigjoe
09-02-2005, 05:35 PM
Might not mean much coming from me, but I'm glad you're okay. :) I'll pray you have a decent place to come back to.

DsS Game
09-02-2005, 08:22 PM
He was smart enough to leave before the hurricane hit, it seems. Only the people stubborn enough to stay would have seen the looting, since it didn't start until after the destruction.

Pfft im not surprised that people started looting. They did the same shit when the blackout happened here in NY.

Master Ghaleon
09-03-2005, 03:00 AM
Did you all see that white guy braking in and looting that building in new orleans?
Nope they where all black.

Fiyer I hope that everything goes as best as it can for ya man. I cannot give you money, but you got my support 100 percent.

MrCow
09-05-2005, 02:47 AM
Tell everyone in the thread that they made my week and happy labor day.
Direct from fiyer.

MiG
09-06-2005, 05:23 AM
Hey, you may not know me, none of you actually, except for MrCow. Well, basically, I've spoken with Fiyer a couple of times over text messages, and talked to him once last week. I'm in Houston, and if at all possible (if his feakface is awake before I go to work), I will try to go out and see how he's doing, and possibly take pics. I know fiyer from irc, where we have probably talked on and off for, maybe about 6-8 months now, I don't remember, I move IRC networks every other week, but yeah. From his texts, he seems to be quite happy that he's still in contact with people, and well, yeah.

I'm planning on swiping my cousin's or aunt's digital camera and taking it with me. If I don't go see him today (tuesday), then definately thursday, once I've gotten paid. Will probably take fiyer and his siblings around town for a few hours while his parents try to take care of whatever it is they need to do. I'll find my way back to this thread when I find him, and try posting the pics ASAP, assuming I get the cam.

Goodnight everyone.

Fiyerstorm
09-06-2005, 04:42 PM
Hello. It's going all right. I can confirm that my house and car is okay back home. My sisters went to it yesterday. They said it stunk of rotten food. Govt says to stay out the city for about a month. My city's police force is mean and Nazi-like so they're actually getting things done so that's good. I just woke up cause I was at the ER since 4:30am cause my oldest sister, who's already frail from fighting cancer, fell down the stairs and hurt herself very badly. I had to call 911 and put pressure to her head wounds. She's okay now though. After all of that, a broken wrist was the only serious thing. I'm so thankful now. Someone told me that all of this bad that keeps happening will eventually lead to something good...I sure want to think that but I just can't.

But overall, I'm okay so thanks for all the support. It REALLY means a lot to me. My friends outside the net are scattered all over the country now so when AJ relays all of these messages to me, it makes me feel I'm not alone.

Right now, I'm looking for a animal hospital for Binky cause he got a gash on his neck and it's gotten very severe. So pray for my kitty. Thx

~Fiyerlol

Lilith
09-07-2005, 01:43 AM
Oh fiyer, I really really hope Binky is ok and I am glad your sister is ok <3

Gerudo
09-07-2005, 01:46 AM
hey buddy. sorry to hear that bad shit keeps happening, but something good will happen soon. no idea what, but hey, being optimistic never hurt.

i hope your sis and binky clear ok. best of luck.

DsS Game
09-07-2005, 10:31 AM
I believe something good will happen. My former friend had bad shit always happening to him. He always got into bike accidents, car accidents and what not. Randomly, he was biking and found an envelope with over a 1000 dollars. I was like wow.....Good fucking shit.

Just keep believing and it will soon happen.

Fiyerstorm
09-13-2005, 10:06 AM
lol update.

I woke up with a flu and the glands in the back of my throat are enflamed. w00t.

My parents and I went to our house a few days ago, the destruction in the city is insane. Our house only suffered minor roof damage and that spinny fan thingy on the roof flew off. I got to smell the house for myself...LSUFLDFHJSLDFJKSA. Hi, next. (We have a freezer in the laundry room that was filled with seafood.)

I'm not having any fun at all here but that'll change soon cause we're moving back to LA, to a different city. I can work there and stuff. :O

kbye

Beldaran
09-13-2005, 10:46 AM
wow, LA? Sheesh. Why LA? LA is SOOO expensive. You should move to Austin. It's way closer, the people are very receptive to hurricane victims, and the cost of living is like a hundred times lower than LA.

Lilith
09-13-2005, 11:38 AM
LA = Lousiana...

Beldaran
09-13-2005, 11:59 AM
I am retarded.

SUCCESSOR
09-13-2005, 08:55 PM
I don't have any money to spare at the moment. Want some uber-sexy Tannen nudes?

me2
09-14-2005, 08:52 PM
Stay in Houston and we can chill together dude. :D

What part of Houston are you in, anyway?