Darth Marsden
08-31-2005, 06:49 PM
Yes, I have.

zelda777
08-31-2005, 07:30 PM
Which Game.

algam86
08-31-2005, 09:58 PM
I've played all of them, though I don't really remember 5 and 6 that well...They weren't that great, anyway. Personally, my favorite is Mega Man X 3. Has my favorite Maverick, Blizzard Buffalo... XD Most of the stages had pretty good music, too. Sigma is actually pretty hard if you don't have a certain special weapon when you get to him, and that double blast with the gloves is one of the cooler moves he ever does. Gold Armor isn't so bad, either!

Dechipher
08-31-2005, 10:00 PM
I have Mega Man X. It's alright. I'm not big on Mega Man though. I'm all about Donkey Kong Country. :D

Gerudo
08-31-2005, 10:45 PM
to me, the Rockman (japanese Mega Man) games were a tad much for me... ;-;

slothman
08-31-2005, 11:10 PM
I have heard of them but don't know much, and therefore obviously haven't played them.
What is the difference between them and the original series, besides console type and stuff?

AtmaWeapon
09-01-2005, 12:56 AM
I played a game with a man in it once and he had a gun for an arm but then he turned out to be a woman! It was kind of like megaman

Daarkseid
09-01-2005, 01:05 AM
I have heard of them but don't know much, and therefore obviously haven't played them.
What is the difference between them and the original series, besides console type and stuff?

In the original series, the robot bosses were androids, being labeled things like Cut Man, Wood Man, and Shadow Man. They changed this repetitive naming and character concept with something with a slight bit more variety, with robot enemies named things like Blizzard Buffalo, Wire Sponge, Toxic Seahorse.

Beyond that, the games played just like the original series, but had improvements. I enjoy the X series more than the original because of the new controls and ways in which you can move X compared to Mega Man.

Darth Marsden
09-01-2005, 05:23 AM
I'll clarify my original answer - I've played all of them. I enjoyed the first one the most, because the others all seemed to be exactly the same. But the first one was different from the original series, and I like it because of it.

I'm wondering if this thread should be moved to General Gaming. Any admins listening?

zelda777
09-04-2005, 12:03 PM
have you guys heard of megaman X 8 for ps2 and pc it is so cool i what to play it so bad :laughing:

Cloral
09-04-2005, 12:28 PM
I have X8. Didn't like it very much at all. What really annoyed me was the fact that 2 of the 8 robot leaders' stages were stupid vehicle stages.

PolygonX8
09-04-2005, 01:21 PM
Yeah, I've played them. Olny ones I haven't touched yet were X5, 7, and 8. Heard the latter two sucked, though.

me2
09-04-2005, 01:27 PM
X7 is one of the worst in the series. All the Robot Masters are annoying as hell (Flame Hyanard made me want to kill myself) and the voice actors are horrible. Haven't tried X8, but I kind of don't want to anymore ._.

I'm still waiting for the MMX Collection though :D

Brasel
09-04-2005, 01:34 PM
I loved the Mega Man/Mega Man X series up until I played Mega Man X 5 which was so appallingly bad in my opinion, that I just gave up on the series. Capcom needs to cut the shit and quit making Mega Man Games. Start over...please...

I LOVED the first X game. I actually just played through it today. I got so proficient at the game that I can beat it without dying in a little over a half an hour.

Yoshiman
09-04-2005, 01:59 PM
I own:
-Megaman 7
-Megaman 8
-Rockman & Forte
-Megaman X
-Megaman X2
-Megaman X3
-Megaman X4
-Megaman Battle Network
-Megaman Battle Network 2

I've played Megaman 1-6 using an emulator, and borrowed a friend's Megaman X5. In my opinon, the Megaman X games started to go downhill with X5. I didn't like the time limit or the alternate paths (Zero going Maverick, X losing his memory), but I still like the game. Some of the bosses started to get a little weird after X3. Magma Dragoon and Mattrex were awesome, but Split Mushroom and Izzy Glow were kinda strange.

And there's my overly critical opinion. :p

zelda777
09-04-2005, 04:02 PM
I have the megaman anniversARY COLLECTION FOR GAMECUBE I LOVE IT :evil:

ShadowTiger
09-04-2005, 05:51 PM
I've played Megaman 6 for the NES (I think) and 7 for the SNES, but that's about it. They were pretty good, I'd suppose, but they wouldn't take over any number 1 spot on my list. I do enjoy the backtracking though.

Megaman X was a pretty good game, ... at least for what I was able to play of it. O_o' I found myself unable to harm the enemies at the end of the level at all, so went on to play something else. *lol* Perhaps one day I'll go back to the X series.

Cloral
09-04-2005, 08:20 PM
That has always been the problem with the megaman series. The first robot leader is the hardest to get since you don't have a special weapon to use on him. Order turns out to be very important, so once you've played one of the games a few times you develop a sequence that makes things quite a bit easier. You find one leader you can get with the regular weapon pretty easily, and then you know which guy is weak to that weapon, and so on till you get all 8.

If you do ever go back to X, go after Chill Penguin first. If nothing else, you need to get the dash boots in that level before you can get much of anything else. Also I find that he is the easiest leader to beat with just the X buster.