PDA

View Full Version : Stop sticking me dammit!

biggiy05
08-30-2005, 07:32 PM
So friday night I got up to go use the bathroom and on the way I passed out and went down hard, I didn't remember doing anything except getting up and then I wake up on the floor of my bathroom with my head feeling like it just got put in a vise.

I am at work Saturday and I turn around to pick up something and everything starts spinning around me but it stops after a few seconds. A few hours later the same thing but that time I felt like I was really gonna hit the floor again so I finished some stuff up and went home early. Later that night I was working on something then went upstairs and sat down to talk my friend and my mom and then the room starts spinning again and my breathing gets cut short.

I ended up in the ER at riverside around 12am Sunday and was admitted to the hospital for observation to see what was wrong with me.

Found out yesterday after a bunch of tests that I have what is called Vasodepressor Synscope. Basically what is happening is my heart speeds up like I am having an adrenaline rush and I get to much blood being pumped through my body so I just shut down and blackout. I got put on a beta blocker called Toporol and I am on that for six months to help stop any future blackouts. Then to make things even better they told me I can't drive for three months and I also have an englarged chamber in my heart.

I had a fun three days in the hospital constantly getting stuck with needles and the best part of it was getting hemprin shots to thin out my blood, I had to get in my stomach and damn that hurts. The upside was the food wasn't all that bad and all of my nurses and techs were either hott or cute.

So does anyone else have anything like that where they pass out?

Brasel
08-30-2005, 10:56 PM
Wow, that sucks man. Hope everything goes well. Is that a permanent thing or will it go away eventually?

biggiy05
08-30-2005, 11:40 PM
Wow, that sucks man. Hope everything goes well. Is that a permanent thing or will it go away eventually?

Hopefully the medication I am will make it go away, from what the doctor was saying it sounds like after six months I should be able to slowly go off of it then it will be subdued. There are alot of firefighters, paramedics, and nurses that have the same thing I have so I can still do all my training.

What really sucked about being in the hospital was waking up and seeing Glitch in my hospital room. That is enough to make me wanna pass out again

Lilith
08-30-2005, 11:46 PM
I'm on a beta blocker too, Propranolol. My heart rate was so fast the pressure was giving me migraines and panic attacks etc. It works well and doesn't have any side effects, a really life-changing drug. Hope you get better.

I didn't pass out, just got 2 week migraines and insanity. But just fyi, on these meds don't take any downers regularly with it and don't drink more than a little booze. The beta blockers magnify the fuck out of anything like that. I was on a tranq to help the anxiety more and it imbalanced with the beta blockers and made my blood pressure really LOW, so I was almost passing out all the time. I had to go to the ER. Shit sux fag.

firebug
08-31-2005, 12:08 AM
Wow. Shitty deal man. The only time I've ever passed out like that I was sitting on the floor smoking out of a bong. I got into a serious coughing fit, and got up to get a glass of water. I never even made it to the doorway. The whole room started spinning and I literally got tunnel vision until all I saw was a pinprick of light faaaaaaaar off into the distance. I don't think I passed out all of the way, cause I was semi-conscious throughout all of it. I could still hear the people around me, but it was like a far off noise and I couldn't understand any of them. I 'woke' up after what seemed like at least 10 minutes to me, but my friends said I was only down for a minute or so. They were freaking out. Heh.
Not cool.

Glitch
08-31-2005, 12:10 AM
I still wish that nurse would of gave you that cathader (sp*) for the $20 I offered her......

Glad to see you are back home and safe man. You had me worried.

AtmaWeapon
08-31-2005, 12:21 AM
No, my heart functions normally. It's my lungs and bronchial tubes that try to kill me through asthma triggered by allergies.

Yay hip hip hay hooray hooray 5k.

theplustwo
08-31-2005, 12:28 AM
Why does it hurt so much to get on your stomach? Is that part of the blood problem or something else?

biggiy05
08-31-2005, 12:52 AM
Why does it hurt so much to get on your stomach? Is that part of the blood problem or something else?

They didn't want me moving much, they wanted me only getting up if I really had to and since I wasn't moving much if at all the chance for a blood clot in my leg or both of my legs was really high, they gave it to me in the stomach so it would thin out the blood in my legs.

It hurts for me in the stomach because I am a twig, ask glitch I grew some more and I have lost some weight which I don't need to lose because I am already skinny enough.

I still wish that nurse would of gave you that cathader (sp*) for the $20 I offered her......

Glad to see you are back home and safe man. You had me worried.

I had a catheter in for my surgery on my chest and it wasn't the best feeling in the world coming out and besides that thing goes really far up and that is a world of pain I will avoid. Feel free to get one shoved in though I am sure you would every second of it.

Thanks man. I can't remember if I woke up with you hovering over me or if I had everyone around me, I keep thinking I woke up to see you staring right at me. You should have seen a few of of other nurses and techs, I had one named Amanda and damn!

fatcatfan
08-31-2005, 04:55 PM
The same thing happened to me once, passing out in the bathroom, but it wasn't anything serious. It was just that I'd quickly gotten up from a reclining position, taken a deep breath and held it cause the previous occupant had stunk the place up, and next thing I knew I was waking up to a vision of the underside of a toilet bowl with a knot on my head.

Some Kinda Hate
08-31-2005, 11:14 PM
That makes me think of that movie The Butterfly Effect.

But anyway, my uncle had that same problem, but they put him on some medication (not sure what it was) and eventually it went away, he's fine now.

Hope the same goes for you.

MottZilla
09-01-2005, 03:20 AM
I've nearly passed out twice but both were because I hadn't had anything to eat or drink for a pretty long time. :O The first time at one point I couldn't really hear anything, feel anything, and sight was really weird. Anyways, atleast you're ok and they can fix you. :p

carrot red
09-01-2005, 12:10 PM
I can relate though with nothing similar to your case. I hate hospitals and being constantly stuck with needles, and I've made a couple of memorable trips to the hospital not really totally conscious either.

Get well soon and I'm sure you'll find people willing to drive you around for three months.

biggiy05
09-01-2005, 11:38 PM
Thank you for the kind words everybody.

Get well soon and I'm sure you'll find people willing to drive you around for three months.

Yea I have friends that are helping me out the only thing that really sucks about not being able to drive is the long run to the fire station for a big run like a car accident or a fire. Running as fast as possible for a few miles isn't that fun.