PDA

View Full Version : Summer's here... at last!

Darth Marsden
08-30-2005, 01:43 PM
This is a true story. Yes, all of it. Seriously.

I'm on my way back from the Job Centre (because we all know I'm still unemployed, grumble grumble) and since it's so hot, I decide to get a drink. I buy a bottle of Cherry Coke and as soon as I open it - WOOSH. It foams up and spills out of the bottle. Mercifully I got it away from all my paperwork, but it still got all over my hands, making them all sticky. (Hmm..!) I decide rather then go to a public toilet to wash them, I'll just go to the beach, which is a ten minute walk away.

Anyway, I get to the beach and there's, I dunno, hundereds of people all taking advantage of this beautiful day. The sun is out, there's not a cloud in the sky and it's ever-so-slightly breezy. Perfect holiday weather. So I make my way to the ocean (the tide is out, so I have to go over stones and sand) and I think to myself "Sod this, I'm going for a dip". So I put my bag down, take off my trainers (I'm not wearing socks, because it's so hot) and put them in the bag, roll my jeans up to my knees and walk into the water.

20 minutes later, I'm soaked to the bone, lying down in the water and loving every second of it. I hadn't done anything like this in years, and I'm wondering "Why?". It's so much fun! I get up, take my shirt off (smart navy-blue short-sleeved shirt, as opposed to a t-shirt), dip it in the water, put it back on and make my way back to my bag. I literally walk all the way home (that's another 20 minutes, since I'm at the far end of the beach) like this, bear-foot and carrying my bag in one hand.

I'm going back down there tomorrow. Hope the weather's this nice again.

carrot red
08-30-2005, 01:51 PM
I'm glad you enjoyed your time outside of the house. You should do it more often. I love to walk barefoot on the beach and feel the sand between my toes. And I got to do it a lot a couple of weeks ago in the now *disaster areas.* : (

Darth Marsden
08-30-2005, 01:58 PM
Yeah, I really should. Shame I haven't done it more before. Who knows? I may even go swimming tomorrow :scared:. Anyway, I just thought that since that naughty little hurricane has been in the news so much lately it might be a pleasant change if you all read a nice little story about a nerd enjoying the sunshine. Hope you all enjoy.

Machiavelli
08-30-2005, 03:12 PM
Glad your haing fun. Summer is winding down, for me. There are back to school ads all over the place. I'm already talking about back to school shopping. I hate it (not the shopping part, though). I wish summer was longer.

Brasel
08-30-2005, 03:40 PM
I can't wait til I get back. I'm going to the beach when I get a chance. I love swimming around in the ocean. When I went last time, I went with my wife, and she got all afraid when I swam out too far. She thought I was going to get eaten by a shark or something.

AtmaWeapon
08-30-2005, 04:15 PM
Yeah me and the lady went to Biloxi towards the end of the summer and chilled on the beach. I don't think going back right now is such a good idea though.

Also the water is brown and filled with things that I would not like to swim with so only those with terminal illnesses brave the polluted mire.

ZomfgIts0rzlolo
08-30-2005, 09:15 PM
I wish there was a beach somewhere near Chicago other than Lake Michigan. I love swimming.

Lilith
08-31-2005, 12:05 AM
The sun makes me nauseous and sickly.

I'm okay on beaches, near or in water though. Dunno why. D:

Darth Marsden
08-31-2005, 05:12 AM
I know, normally I can't stand the sun. I burn easily and it gives me headaches (I'm my mothers son, I guess) but when I'm in the water... it all just goes away. It's lovely, it really is. Everyone should live near a beach, or a lake, or something. It just takes all your troubles away.

Machiavelli
08-31-2005, 02:16 PM
Everyone should live near a beach, or a lake, or something.
I live near the Canarsie Pier. It's really nice there. There's a path that you can cut across and walk by the water itself (but your not supposed to). It's great fun with some friends and a video phone. Last time we went, we made little phone movie with us running across the water like the baywatch girls. Good spot if you wanna play hookie or do random foolishness, too. It's so nice to be out at night because we get the nice ocean breeze and it smells so nice. It's relaxing . :)

Archibaldo
09-01-2005, 03:18 AM
Glad to hear you had a nice day. Today it rained and it was the first day of school. I had to wait 15 minutes in the rain to get my bus. Not only that, it turns out that I'm in a bridge course for Math. For those of you who don't know, a bridge coruse is a course where I take grade 10 math for the first half of the year and grade 11 math the last half. Not only do we have to cover two years of math, we have math 10 times out of a 9 day cycle. (At our school, we have 9 day weeks) So for three of the 9 days, I have math two times in a row. That's 150 minuets of straight math.

Bottom line is, enjoy those summer days while you can.