PDA

View Full Version : Talking Bosses

rocksfan13
08-30-2005, 08:09 AM
I know it was asked before, but I can't seem to find the thread.

Can anyone help with making the boss say something before you fight them? Like Phantom Menace did in Demoex quest. :odd:

Zelda Master
08-30-2005, 11:11 AM
I know it was asked before, but I can't seem to find the thread.

Can anyone help with making the boss say something before you fight them? Like Phantom Menace did in Demoex quest. :odd:
First, you need to set up the tile/sidewarp to the Dmap that contains the bosses room. [THIS IS NOT OPTIONAL] Then go to that dmap, and type something in for Dmap intro. then test it and you should see the message!

rocksfan13
08-30-2005, 12:23 PM
Thanks. That did it. You just use a more with it, or can you?

Zelda Master
08-30-2005, 12:44 PM
Thanks. That did it. You just use a more with it, or can you?
Well i do remember that i found a death knight talking to me in the final level.
he was a layer- and had the guy fire set a string to him that is also a way you could make bosses talk.

Aireal Albatros
08-31-2005, 06:30 PM
Or if you want more text but you want the bosses to talk then, go to Quest-> Graphics and click on tiles and press on the + & - on the numeric keys then, when the CSet is 8 click on the fire and copy it and put it somewhere else.

Then, after that then, scroll down until you see a page w/ fires then not the fire you previously saw but the fire right next to the fire that looks like the one you saw previously click on it and press C.

Then go back to the fire you set somewhere else and put that flame RIGHT next to it then go to Data-> Guy -> Fire and then, choose the string under Data -> strings.

Hope that helps you my friend or I'll explain more.

Have a nice day ya' all.