PDA

View Full Version : Castle Tileset 2.0

Knightcrawler
08-30-2005, 07:16 AM
It's coming. It's going to be a radically modified version of my "Castle and Weather Tiles" tileset that some of you might have seen or remember in the overworld tiles section of PureZC. I'm removing the ugly "weather" tiles that I made, and I am adding a significant amount more. I'll be keeping the NPCs I made, but won't make any more. The Deku Baba and thorns I made for someone on request years ago will be included. As for the actual tiles, the style will match up with Newfirst now. I thought they did before, but the massive amount of complaints I recieved made me rethink that, and they were right. The tiles will now be cleaner and "less busy." There will be new tiles such as arches (which is one of the only things I haven't completed yet), a causeway that can wind around the castle and then some, the traditional castle wall at 4 new curves (concave) to increase flexibility, added details such as a set of drawbridge tiles, new window, new stacks of wood, and numerous types of flooring for the roof.

But really on that front, there's not much you could say was "added." I also decided to add pillars at one point, and with pillars of course you have to have a whole palace... I've got a bunch of frescos and stuff... or whatever those half-burried statues are called. I'm just trying to figure out how to make the roof look good at this point. I've also made two designs that allows you use the emblems on the Palace facade... or whatever it's called. It's late and I don't feel like opening my art history book again. The palace tiles are available in 3 types of stone: cement/normal/granite/whatever, marble, and sandstone. There's little difference between them, except for color, however many of the surfaces for the marble set actually have a nice marble design on them. It was impossible to do that with the frescos and 2 of the 3 pillar types (each of which has a different and interchangible capitol). You can use the pillars to support the above-mentioned causeway or even the castle at a number of places, or use the frescos to decorate the castle.

The way I wish people to use these tiles is to use quite a few of them in layers to cut down on the number of unecessary tiles and to increase overall flexibility. This tileset should be done within about a week or two, taking into account my other projects and personal stuff. I will address any legitimate complaints and add any user-created frescos or pillars if they want me to add them to my tileset (which is unlikely). So there might be a 2.1 or something. After that, I will not be developing anything more for Zelda Classic, although I might occassionally visit the message board (which I haven't done in years) and play quests. This is unfinished business for me, and I'm going to finish it.