PDA

View Full Version : Graduation Presents

Dechipher
08-28-2005, 01:22 PM
Okay, so my mom started asking me about Graduation presents, and I know it's a little early (this is my seniro year, though) it's good to start early so everyone can save up their money for me :D. Soooooo what do you guys think would be good graduation presents? I just got a new laptop earlier this summer, for my birthday, and it's good enough to last through college. I got a new car, but it got all smashed up. It should probably be fixed by next year though. I told my mom a 60gB iPod, which should last through college as well. But I can't really think of anything else. I think the basics (microwave, minifridge, clothing, desk, etc etc.) will be covered, and my dad's gonna want to get me something, I'm sure.so what do you guys think? I'm not into TV, or movies or anything, and video game wise, I probably won't get a NextGen console, due to lack of time. I have a drumset, I have an acoustic guitar, as well as an electric. I will take both to college, though I doubt the drumset will go :D. So anyway, any ideas?

Darth Marsden
08-29-2005, 05:39 AM
Eeps. That's tough. Without knowing you personally, I wouldn't really know what to recommend, but I suspect the IPod is a pretty good choice.

theplustwo
08-29-2005, 06:33 AM
I got a Nike wristwatch. :shrug: Although I don't have nearly as much gadgetria as you seem to, so that sounds pretty pathetic in comparison.

Archibaldo
08-29-2005, 12:19 PM
Ask for a really nice wrist watch. Not one of thoses sport watches but a nice platinum watch. That's what my mom got me for my 16th birthday.

Dechipher
08-29-2005, 07:08 PM
Watches....eh. I don't like watches. I lose them or break them. I have a Movado watch, actually, that just needs a new battery. It has some chicks name engraved in the back, but last I checked, it sold new for like 700 dollars. So watches...arne't important :D

Machiavelli
08-29-2005, 08:20 PM
How about a camcorder. I know, sounds lame but...think about all the fun you could have with one of those... when your bored/drunk. :D

Eckels
08-29-2005, 09:05 PM
I received nothing for graduation, cept my diploma. Be glad you get anything at all.

Dechipher
08-29-2005, 09:09 PM
I am, believe me. I will be happy to just graduate, but my mom wants to get me something because she feels she has to because she doesn't live with me, so she thinks she's a bum mom. I told her she didn't have to get me anything, but she said that she wants to. And my dad...that's a weird situation. But yeah, I don't feel like I deserve something special for graduating high school. It's not hard to do. Just....go to school, and do your work. In any case, I didn't intend to sound like I deserve recognition for being a senior in high school.

DsS Game
08-30-2005, 01:23 AM
my godmother + my grams gave me money. probably around 150 or something like I don't remember. I know that same night, I got twisted with it. =)

You should get some money so you can fix that car.