PDA

View Full Version : Little questions

demonvash08
08-26-2005, 04:58 PM
i've been playing some quest and i've been really curious about some things. I just learned in reading a previous thread on npc's but how do you make the (in an up and down motion) A button appear? Freedom, on the tileset you gave me it has the a button with the animation but how do i set it to appear when talking?

another question i have, is about a custom bush i made. i really like it but i cant seem to get the cool graphic effect to happen when i slash it. i DIDNT set it to slash>item i set it to bush. but when i slash it is just dissapears no graphic effect. same thing with water. when i set a custom water tile to 'shallow water' nothing special happens. it just look like link is walking normally on ground.

one more question. if i download a tile set and i like a few of the tiles in it, how can i add it to my current one without screwing it up. if i import it messes up all my tiles.

thanks alot for the help you've been giving me freedom :D

Yoshi348
08-26-2005, 05:12 PM
Under Graphics -> Sprites -> Weapons/Misc, you want to set up the selections "MISC: Bush Leaves", "MISC: Ripples", and "MISC: More" (for the A button).

demonvash08
08-26-2005, 05:16 PM
thanks. i knew i was forgetting a step. but still how do you set the a button to appear when talking? and how to add tiles to my tilesset from other tilesets

Yoshi348
08-26-2005, 05:19 PM
I don't know about the second question, but as for the first, that's what MISC: More is for. It'll appear on its own as soon as you put something in it.

Freedom
08-26-2005, 05:30 PM
The best way to add tiles is to grab them from screenshot, but you almost always have to recolor them unless they were made with the same palettes.

put the screenshot in the same folder with ZC
open zquest and go to an empty page or spot in the tiles pages, click on grab, and choose the screenshot
to grab many tiles at once click on the top left corner and hold down shift while clicking on the lower right corner, that grabs the whole thing at once.

If you are using the early descendant tileset, bush leaves weren't in there.
The swan/descendant tileset I gave you has a lot of that stuff fixed, I suggest you start over with it because there is a lot of other stuff wrong with the original descendant tileset release.

demonvash08
08-26-2005, 05:55 PM
ok cool. but that has lead me to more questions. (sorry bear with me. i'm still new at thsi) so like when ppl make new tile for link they are in a images. so you save the image. but since the image is much bigger than 16x16 how do you break it down to load it so its not just a blur of colors? do you get my question?

Zelda_Warrior
08-26-2005, 05:56 PM
I'm working on a mega tileset right now it has like 5 tilesets in one, Pure, Classic, Newfirst, CGBZ, It's not done yet, it's very hard to do becasue of the number of pallettes it takes. It's only aobut 2/5 the way done. It's my little secret project, although i've been working on it for a LOOONG time, I only work on it when I don't feel like making my quests and just feel like making some tiles. It should be released in 2006, but by then it'll be outdated =(

Anyways on topic: You can set the position of the misc. more... thing in Initilization data so it dosen't appear in the corner, it goes by x and y poistions on the screen if you want to edit where it appears.

Freedom
08-26-2005, 07:38 PM
ok cool. but that has lead me to more questions. (sorry bear with me. i'm still new at thsi) so like when ppl make new tile for link they are in a images. so you save the image. but since the image is much bigger than 16x16 how do you break it down to load it so its not just a blur of colors? do you get my question?

Link tiles can only be 16x16 right now.
there are a lot of different link sprites at purezc that you can grab and use in their sprite section.