PDA

View Full Version : Game Intro Screens

Scotian Gold
08-26-2005, 01:49 PM
Alô de novo!

I went through Freedom's tutorial on how to import a GIF file into ZQ so now I have a screen of tiles that looks pretty sweet. But then do you have to go and make combos out of all 176 (max) tiles so that you can select them for your screen?

I figure this is the only way but I wanted to make sure!

Scotian Gold

Freedom
08-26-2005, 01:55 PM
yes, but it isn't as bad as you might think.
click the first one in there and go into Graphics>combos and make 176 copies of it, and you can get the rest in there pretty quick.
to make a copy click on it press c and click on an open space next to it and press v
then when you get 5 or so click on the first one hold shift and click on the last and copy 5 at a time Or more.
I can get a whole screen in there in just a few minutes.

Scotian Gold
08-27-2005, 12:04 AM
Ok, so I have my image in there. Freedom, I followed your tutorial but now I'm kinda stuck as to the proper way to get the combos to appear using the new Cset I created, which will make the image look beautiful and not scary! I read the pallette/cset stuff in the tutorial (including the page on Pure csets) but I'm still not sure what to do! =)

Freedom
08-27-2005, 01:06 AM
you make a screen then send link to it with it's own dmap, which has the proper palette asigned to it.

Scotian Gold
08-28-2005, 11:23 AM
Yeah, that's it, I was just a little too impatient with ZC...all I had to do was leave the screen and come back and the colours 'refreshed' to my colour palette. :rolleyes:

Obrigado!!!