PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Duality Help

LinkMaster500
08-26-2005, 01:56 AM
I've beaten the first five levels, but I seem to be stuck on Level 6.

I've found the Hook Shot and Lens of Truth. I know that the Boots are in the bottom right corner room of Floor 2, but I'm out of keys. I know where I can find a key, but the Boots are needed to get it because I can't get to it with full Heart Containers and two potions. I have 9 HC's.

Is there another key I can find? Should I just look in Level 7 or in previous levels?

koopa
08-26-2005, 08:21 AM
As far as I know you can not get stuck on keys. One thing for sure, there are no keys left in previous levels. Level 6 if I remember correctly is the cemetery? I counted 8 keys total in there. I think you are missing either one of those invisible passages where you walk through a wall or you have not solved all 3 mazes. One of those spike rooms has a secret exit I think. Where you say you need the boots, is it a room where you can see spikes with the lens?

Cloral
08-26-2005, 01:36 PM
Yeah the lens is very important. I think there is at least one of those big open rooms where you can avoid the spikes by using the lens to see where they are. It's been a while since I played this quest though...

LinkMaster500
08-26-2005, 01:53 PM
The problem is that I have visited ALL the rooms in Floor 1 and every room in Floor 2 except that far southeast one that I can't access because I don't have any keys. I've also noticed that there are three chests that have rupees. I have figured out the mazes, but I cannot think of any key chest that I missed in this level--except if it is in a room not shown on the map.

I know the quest is beatable. I may have messed up a bit because I did some exploration of Level 5, then went to 6 and then back to Level 5 again, so I might have screwed up by collecting the keys out of sequence.

Cloral
08-26-2005, 01:55 PM
I don't think you can screw up the keys. I think the quest requires you to collect every key in a level in order to beat it.

LinkMaster500
08-27-2005, 01:02 AM
I figured it out. There was a key in Level 5 that I forgot. It was the one where you have to bomb near a torch on Floor 4, then step on the warp tile. It was confusing because nothing showed up under the Lens.

Now I have another question: I've read that in Level 7, the Hammer is found using the entrance that you take by pushing a rock out of the way with the LVL 2 Power Bracelet. Is that right because all I can find using that entrance is a key.

koopa
08-28-2005, 09:56 AM
Yes, I think the hammer is found that way. I know for sure that you have to either bomb a wall or just walk through one somewhere, and I'm pretty sure you need the bracelet to get the hammer. (It's some time since I did this) After going through the wall I think you go round half the floor. On my map sketch, there's an "H" marked to the very left, 2nd room from the top of those 4 rooms on the very left.