PDA

View Full Version : Position Problems

Doragon Keiyou
08-25-2005, 10:31 AM
Whenever i have Link start off on a map, he always appears in the upper right of that screen. He does the same thing when he goes in the dungeon.

_________
!0
!
!________!

how do i set it to where he will appear in the middle of the screen for the overworld and the bottom door (exit, entrance) for a dungeon?

demonvash08
08-25-2005, 11:35 AM
you have to set where link appears maually. to do this use the toolkit (the box thats shows the layers and such) at the bottom and press pg up or down until you see 5 boxes. the green one is where link will start when you load the game. and the blue is where he will appear when entering/exiting a cave or dungeon. hope that helps

rocksfan13
08-25-2005, 11:38 AM
If it is set for an entrance/exit, you have to set the green one on the doorway for link to walk in. If he warps in, then walks out, move the box until he just walks in.

Doragon Keiyou
08-25-2005, 12:52 PM
:) Thanks, but now there is a new problem...when link goes into the dungeon, he is invisible and i can't see him or move him. Do u know what the problem is? :(

rocksfan13
08-25-2005, 03:05 PM
Your combos are set to overhead or you have invisible link checked under screen data.

Doragon Keiyou
08-25-2005, 03:31 PM
how do u change the overhead thing? i don't really remember....

Zelda_Warrior
08-25-2005, 03:49 PM
Right click on a tile and make sure the little scrolling text feild box is not set to 'overhead' if it is, set it to '-'

Once you are done with the changes click ok

Doragon Keiyou
08-25-2005, 05:05 PM
i am sorry, but could be a little more specific, like the steps to take to get there....this problem has baffled me completely....and i cannot think straight...it would be greatly apprechiated.

Doragon Keiyou
08-25-2005, 05:06 PM
i have the 2.10 version by the way...i forgot to mention that...maybe that helps

Doragon Keiyou
08-25-2005, 06:10 PM
hmmm.....whenever i put it on freeform dungeon, link then appears, but he is stuck in the corner of the screen again... :(

Freedom
08-25-2005, 06:26 PM
so that's the problem, not overhead combos.

you have to press page down until you come to the 5 icons, a rupie, stairs, a blue, a green, and.... I forget the last one.

if the warp to that screen is an insta warp, he warps to the blue square, if it's an enterance/exit warp he warps to the green square.

click on the blue and green square and place then on the screen where you want link to land

Doragon Keiyou
08-25-2005, 08:57 PM
thanks a bunch, that helped out a lot.....now only if i could find a way to fix the exit part of the dungeon...how do u set it up to leave the dungeon as well? also, i've noticed that when link goes into the dungeon, he moves down about 1 or 2 spaces. how do u fix this too?

Freedom
08-25-2005, 09:09 PM
You really need to set down and read the tutorials, they will save you all kinds of time and aggrivation.
the green square not being placed firmly against the edge of the screen in dungeon will cause link to walk 2 steps in the wrong direction
exiting you use side warps.

try these tutorials,

http://happyman.purezc.com/uzqt/index.php?page=index

http://zc.thedpshack.com/

http://www.geocities.com/idontknowt...l?1048292445858

http://www.casadealphadawg.com/zc/zqtutorial/index.html

Doragon Keiyou
08-25-2005, 09:57 PM
:) thanks man. this really helps me out a lot. i don't know where i would be without u. :laughing:

Doragon Keiyou
08-26-2005, 11:53 PM
um...i looked and looked and found a lock block and directions, but i have tried to do it over and over and it hasn't worked. could u give me a more detailed way of setting it up? also, i don't know the process of changing all the doors to overhead...can u explain that too please?

Doragon Keiyou
08-27-2005, 10:44 AM
never mind about the lock block, i finally figured it out...but i still can't seem to figure out how to set the doors to overhead

Doragon Keiyou
08-27-2005, 04:27 PM
i also figured out how to set the overhead, but now there is a major problem...all my locked doors and shutter doors are looking like passage ways. do u know what the problem is?

Freedom
08-27-2005, 05:01 PM
dmap type has to be set to dungeon for automatic doors to work

Doragon Keiyou
08-27-2005, 05:07 PM
it is on automatic, and the locked doors are there, but when i have a key and push against it, it doesn't do anything except stay locked

Freedom
08-27-2005, 06:18 PM
You said before they all look like passages, not that a locked door stays locked.
I can't hope to help you fix it if I don't know what's broke.

all my locked doors and shutter doors are looking like passage ways. do u know what the problem is?

If they are staying locked and IF your dmap type is dungeon, then are you using the Data>tools>doors to put the doors in or are you painting them in yourself?
you have to use tools>doors for them to work automatically in dungeons.
If you paint them in then you have to use secret combos and triggers to make them work.

paul_562
08-27-2005, 11:11 PM
I thought this thread had to be moved at first :scared: