PDA

View Full Version : making more than one 'cave' entrance

demonvash08
08-24-2005, 03:38 PM
can i make more than one cave/misc entrance(s80)? like say, i make houses and stuff, what would i use to make a warp to the right room and everything if i had 5 or 6 types of house interiors or a couple different shops when they only give you one cave entrance screen ?!!?(reffering still to s80) do i just make a seperate dmap for each? if so plz explain. thanks alot

Zelda_Warrior
08-24-2005, 04:06 PM
To make your own houses, shops, etc. with their own music and stuff:

1. Make the screen where you enter the shop, house, etc.
2. On a different MAP (Dosen't have to be a diferent map but it's better that way. Neater.) Draw the house, shop, etc. You can have it be as many rooms as you want big.
3. Make a seperate dmap for the house, shop, etc.
4. Set the warps. (The warps CANNOT be cave/item room' as the type. Entrance/exit works best.)
5. Make sure in the shop, house, etc. you set the guy, room type, shop type, special item, string, places where Link appears on that dmap if he enters from a different dmap, etc.

If you set it up correctly, it SHOULD work. Using this method you can do much more things, try it.

EDIT: Sorry, you didn't ask this. You asked if yo could have more than 1 house/cave per screen, I read it wrong.

Anyways, You can have 1 side AND tile warp, but I know there's ways to make more than 1 warp per screen, but it's complicated and probably not worth the trouble, but I don't know how. I just use a side and tile warp combined on one screen for 2 warps on the same screen.

demonvash08
08-24-2005, 04:55 PM
thank you. you gave me a nice in depth answer and it's coming along great. :D