PDA

View Full Version : in need of imediate help plz!!

demonvash08
08-24-2005, 10:47 AM
ok i dont know if i can even get help on this but i'll ask. (i'm using descendant tile set if that matters)i want to start off my quest where the player walks into a cave entrance, of course, and i wanted it to be a forest scene not just a danky cave. so i went and made a forest scene on screen 80. and for some reason when i started a new quest there wasnt already a cave made for screen 80. ne ways then i made s80 dmap 2 and then i went back to s1 and set the tile warp to entrance/exit and made it so it warps to dmap2/s80. then,(here's were i'm not sure if i can even do this the way i am) if ne one here has played, wel ne quest submitted on this website really, but specifically freedoms game 'tortuga' (sp?) in the beginning there is a long talkin sequence (more than 2 strings for me is long) and so i'm trying to figure out how to make a series of strings. an example of what I tried :double click strA click next stringB double click strB and click next string C etc: is that the correct way of doing it? well i could have a made a large series of mistakes so i would love it if someone could show me how to do this, and it's urgent cuz i cant keep working if i cant get the beginning sequence right. THANKs!!!!!!!!! (note: dont reply assuming i know alot about this program like terms and such cuz i dont lol)

demonvash08
08-24-2005, 12:01 PM
plz heeeeeeeeeeeelp meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Freedom
08-24-2005, 12:09 PM
You don't use screen 80 to start, make a screen on a map and make a dmap for that screen and then set up to go to that screen first.

to link strings together, make your 2 strings, go to the first one click on edit and then next and add the second to the first.

In my sig the link to "info I've compiled" will take you to a page that has 4 tutorials and more.