PDA

View Full Version : hidden dualty bug.....help pls

cyannkillspetey
08-24-2005, 10:43 AM
This massive game has consumed me and I love it, but I do wanna finish it too. I beat the level 4 boss and got the book, when i left the dungeon and went to look for the hideout for triforce i saved ate dinner and when i returned to play it loads me into the book room and i am stuck in that room. I am using ZC 2.10W and i followed the instructions by d/l n the 183 player. Copy and pasted the Zelda.sav file from one folder to the next...but it dont work....the 183 doesnt seem to recognize the .sav file. No files are loaded into the 183 player. Pls help b/c I love this game.....

elise
08-24-2005, 10:47 AM
you can't load a 2.10 save.file in another version
That trick only works with the earlier versions
I think you better start over in the version the game is made for
if you play it in 2.10 you can run in more problems ( like walking into enemies without having the proper items yet to destroy them )

cyannkillspetey
08-24-2005, 12:08 PM
well this sux, better know than at level 9 i guess. Any 1 have a save file to email me at the same point i am at....lol. Also which program is better out of the bunch to use. I should use 183 player?

elise
08-24-2005, 12:30 PM
You better install them both some quests are made for the 183 and some for the 184
I prefer the 184 because the overworld map is available , but some bigbosses look scre&^$d up in it .
and when you really get in a bug the other version can get you out ;)
and other ones don't give anything about the overworldmap and prefer the 183 .
It's all up to you :shrug:

Freedom
08-24-2005, 12:32 PM
The 183 and 184 players differ, if you use the 184 you will still have problems getting stuck in DFW's quests, better use the version she said, the 183.

Cloral
08-24-2005, 02:58 PM
Unless a quest specifically states it is designed for 2.10, it is probably best to play it in 1.92 beta 183.

DarkFlameWolf
08-24-2005, 03:18 PM
well, if anyone is willing to convert all my quests (7 of them) to play flawlessly in ver 2.10, then I'd be willing to reveal passwords to the quests so you can update them. Note however: There are certain people I would accept to do this. For example, Cloral, (should he offer, not saying he will) would be a person I'd accept to do this, because I know what he is capable of and his work ethic, etc. On the other hand, a relative new poster or someone I don't know, will most likely not get my approval to do this. Otherwise, the quests will stay as they are for beta 183.

cyannkillspetey
08-24-2005, 03:31 PM
hey thanx for all the great info, once I get off work my hands will be busy playin that great quest again. Good thing I drew maps :D

Valientlink
08-26-2005, 08:09 PM
I find this game to be 2 hard!

koopa
08-28-2005, 09:59 AM
It's supposed to be hard, though it's easy compared to the extreme version! The puzzles are what makes it fun for me. Oh, and I never saw a single magic Octorok or Death Knight in the Directors Cut version, they are R E A L L Y hard enemies. The mirrorrobe palace is tough, though.

If you're stuck at any place then don't hesitate and post for help, I needed a bit myself but beat the quest and really enjoyed it.

DarkFlameWolf
08-29-2005, 01:19 AM
If the quest isn't difficult, what's the sweet reward at the end with that feeling of satisfaction when you finally beat it?