PDA

View Full Version : AGN's resident Sonic fanboy checks in: New Sonic Rush trailer

jman2050
08-23-2005, 07:35 PM
http://www.g-freaks.de/News/scarnews.php?sn_show_news=455

Pray that I finish ZC before this comes out, or you're all out of look. I'm still drooling even after watching the video a dozen times.

If Sega screws this up, I may actually die.............

inside a little. >_> <_<

*b*
08-23-2005, 08:28 PM
I saw that earlier (you showed it to #PureZC), and it does look really impressive. and it's 3D, which makes it all the sweeter

and I know what you mean about finishing ZC before this. .hack//GU is due out rather soon, and if that won't consume my life for a while, nothing will

Tygore
08-23-2005, 08:34 PM
Looks nice. This'll hopefully be a good step for the Sonic series, which had sadly been floundering lately.

vegeta1215
08-24-2005, 01:14 AM
I've seen a little bit of Sonic Rush. Looks neat. I hope Sega can reinvigorate the franchise with all these new Sonic games. I had fun with Sonic Heroes, but it was lacking a lot of polish that would've made it better.

btw, jman, have you checked out Sonic Gems Collection? Sonic CD is the only thing that looks good on it. I vaguely remember playing Sonic CD over my friends house in 7th grade. I don't know if I'd buy the game just for that.

Saffith
08-24-2005, 01:53 AM
Also both Vectorman games. Those three do stand out, though the others are hardly bad.

Darth Marsden
08-24-2005, 04:57 AM
PLUS... It's gonna be cheap. Another bonus!

Sonic Rush looks cool. Another potential DS purchase, along with Final Fantasy 3, Kirby, Mario Kart and Wario Ware.

vegeta1215
08-24-2005, 11:22 AM
PLUS... It's gonna be cheap. Another bonus!

$30 for a 10 year old game and others I don't care about is not cheap to me. $15 or $20, that's cheap.

Grasshopper
08-24-2005, 04:43 PM
I agree with Cliff Bleszinski, all games should only cost $20. And systems should be no more than $300 and preferably less.

Zelda_Warrior
08-24-2005, 04:48 PM
If htey made consoles expensive and games cheap, it would balance out, wouldn't it? Kind of, I guess.

Cloral
08-24-2005, 05:03 PM
Yeah! And let's just forget the thousands of hours that go into making a game! Who needs to pay the artists and programmers anyway?

Grasshopper
08-24-2005, 09:27 PM
Hey, this is Cliffy B who said this. Hes the lead designer working behind Gears of War. We all know the guy who created Unreal Tournament, don't we? That was words from his mouth, and I just thought it was cool that he said that. :)

Not many developers say we need to make things cheaper because people can't afford things anymore, because its getting expensive. I'm not advocating that we shouldn't buy games unless they're cheap or something. And I'm not saying that people don't deserve something for their hardwork. You guys do something really good. People enjoy your work, and of course you should get paid and acknowledged for it. I just agree with him. It would be nice if all game did cost $20. :)

Beldaran
08-24-2005, 09:33 PM
Most game companies go broke as it just make a game. The prices of triple AAA games are not likely to go down any time soon, since the cost of making them is only going up. Plus, society is largely desensitized to the level of extreme production values that are costing all that money, so video games sales are not as robust in years past. Costs are higher, prices are up, interest is down.

It doesn't look good for games right now, in my opinion.

Gerudo
08-25-2005, 01:14 AM
$30 for a 10 year old game and others I don't care about is not cheap to me.
i bought sonic gems the other day. between sonic mega collection and sonic gems, it seems my nostalgic sonic collection is complete :D

on-topic: this game looks beyond awesome. i cant wait!

Darth Marsden
08-25-2005, 10:35 AM
$30 for a 10 year old game and others I don't care about is not cheap to me. $15 or $20, that's cheap. It'll be about £20 in the UK. That's cheap to me. And I must be the only person here to actually enjoy Sonic R, so that's two classic Sonic games, a bunch of yet-to-be-named Genesis classics, PLUS bonus stuff, for half the price of a normal game - good stuff...

Grasshopper
08-25-2005, 11:22 AM
a bunch of yet-to-be-named Genesis classics Its Game Gear games I believe.