PDA

View Full Version : Cutscenes

Dlbrooks33
08-23-2005, 12:31 PM
How do you make the subscreen disappear in cutscenes?

Zelda_Warrior
08-23-2005, 12:46 PM
Go into screen rules and check 'no subscreen' and also 'invisible link' if you want link to be invisible

Btw, waht's with the red text and stuff everywhere?

EDIT: Don't you hate it when someone posts pretty much the same thing at almost the same time?

Freedom
08-23-2005, 12:47 PM
screen data> no subscreen.
you'll probably want to check invisible link too.

EDIT
Zelda warrior, you keep posting answers at the same time I do, gladly I'll just shut up. ;)

Dlbrooks33
08-23-2005, 02:11 PM
Ok thnx a billion.

Sir_Johnamus
08-23-2005, 07:54 PM
YOU CAN MAKE CUTSCENES?! all of mine fail miserably.

Zelda_Warrior
08-23-2005, 09:22 PM
Why are you so excited? You can do ALMOST everything with ZC.

It deals with time tics, side warps, flags, etc. there is no cutscene editor or anything like it.

Gonzo Merman
08-24-2005, 07:11 AM
Sorry to ask, I am a newbie myself now. But what is a cut scene, and is it possible to add more text to strings?

Zelda_Warrior
08-24-2005, 01:43 PM
Alright, a cutscene is a little 'scene' where something in the storyline, a major event, or something like that happens. To make a simple cutscene, do the following:

1. Draw a screen for the cutscene.
2. Check the following screen rules:
A. Invisible Link.
B. No subscreen.
3. Delet one of the 'guys' that you won't use, unless your using any version of Pure, all of those already deleted the 'fire' guy.
4. Set the guy to the guy you deleted or 'fire' if you are using pure.
5. Set strings that people or things say in that screen of the cutscene.
6. If you want, add music for it.
7. For a time warp, if you don't want people to hit any buttons to get to the next screen or anything, just go into screen rules and set 'time warp tics' to anything around 2k - 5k depending on the length of that screen you need, then, put a sidewarp in with no triggers that goes to the next screen that you want the player to automaticly be warped to when the time warp tic timer runs out.

This is a very basic cutscene method, but for starters, it's not too shabby.

Gonzo, to add more text to a screen, Make a text string, then make another text string. Then, go into the first text string 'editor' and see the 'next string' thing? This allows you to put 2 strings together. What this means is that if a player hits the 'A' button, the current string will dissapear and be replaced by the one that the first string is linked to. There is no limit to the number of strings that you can link together in one screen.

Hope that helped.

Gonzo Merman
08-24-2005, 03:52 PM
Excellent. That has helped me very much. Thanks

Zelda_Warrior
08-24-2005, 04:14 PM
Btw, search in google for a zquest tutorial, and I know there's a tutorial that tells you how to make good cutscenes. I think it's www.thedpshack.com but i'm not sure.

EDIT: No, it isn't the dpshack, but I thought it was... I think it's called Happyman's tutorial.

Valientlink
08-25-2005, 08:46 PM
Why doesn't sir Johonas or whatever the heck it is just use timed warp tics insta warps and direct warps? And enough with the big text!!

Zelda_Warrior
08-26-2005, 03:33 PM
Yes, the big text is annoying, but Valientlink, the thing about Sir Johnamus using timed warp tics and insta-warps has nothing to do with the thread whatsoever, except the fact that it has to do with ZC, why did you say it?

How do you know he DOSEN'T use timed warp tics and insta-warps?

Btw, I know it sounds like i'm badgering you everytime you post, but seriously, think about what your posting. Although I guess your post did have some content, it talked about the big text thing...