PDA

View Full Version : Guys and pallettes

fire dragon
08-23-2005, 11:51 AM
I found new problems so I need help.
1.How I can create new guys,like Zoras,peoples,Gorons and others?
2.I try create Zora tile,but when I put it my game,it doesn't was blue,IT WAS RED!I try change palettes,but everytime it is wrong color.Screen where this happened is normal cave,where all other guys lurking.
Thank you!

cachitin
08-23-2005, 12:50 PM
1. Zoras and people are used as tiles, not guys. If you want to have people that doesn't include the guy list, then go to Quest>graphics-->tiles then choose either ama or abei and erase one of them. after erasing,press done. At your cave/room, choose the guy you erased at the tile set by pressing Data-->Guy. After all this, put your zora or whatever you want on that screen and your massage string. Also, the Cave/item room wont work. make your own room by setting your dmap and making your own room.

2. Maybe you have the blue colors but your maybe wearing a red ring and that may change the color of the zora???

Zelda_Warrior
08-23-2005, 02:25 PM
The blue or red ring will not affwct any other tile except link, likn uses his own pallette for each ring, the pallette is not used for anything else it's reserved for link colors.

I think that might be a bug, the red/blue thing, because the colors you see in the editor are the same as in the player usually. Try using a different shade of blue and see if it works. A screenshot of the problem would be nice, unless you fix the problem yourself

Freedom
08-23-2005, 02:52 PM
Generally sprites use csets 7 and 8, but you can also use 10 and 11.
cset 9 changes with dungeon palette, so if you use 9 it may end up showing different in another dungeon.
If you are making the sprites in paint and then putting them in Zelda Classic, then it has no way of knowing what palette you drew it in, so the colors may be wrong.
same goes if you grab the tiles from somewhere else.

here is some general info on working with palettes
http://storm.prohosting.com/~mfreedom/ZC/palette/palettes.htm