PDA

View Full Version : Just some Questions

Starrodkirby86
08-23-2005, 12:13 AM
Okay, u can answer as much as you want, I don't really care how much you answer as long as you reply an answer to one of my quesitons.
Here they are:

1. I set the starting Dmap and the screen Link starts on correctly, but whenever he starts/continue the game he's always on the top-left corner AKA 0,0 on that screen. How can I correct this?
2. I want to know how to make secret passages like Level 9's place or the secret Rupee place above the east pennisula.
3. How do you make a screen where some guy tells you something or a boss message like in Phantom Menace's game demoex(Or whatever you call it)? Because when I put a guy and a string on one screen nothing happens. Then I decided to do a boss message and then when I walked like one square or so, I warp to Screen 80. I exit, then when I get hit by a fireball (You know, from them statues) I go back to Screen 80. If I move, I go to Screen 80. Any way to correct this?

Zelda_Warrior
08-23-2005, 12:26 AM
1. Hit page down and click on the green icon that appears. Place it where you want link to start the GAME. Ditto with the blue icon to designate where link starts on the screen if he comes in from a different dmap.

I have no clue what you mean by the second question, re-word it 0_o
I think to fix the 'no text appear message' make sure the dmap type is 'cave' or 'dungeon', that the level number is something other than 1, and that the guy and string are set.

Starrodkirby86
08-23-2005, 01:08 AM
1. Hit page down and click on the green icon that appears. Place it where you want link to start the GAME. Ditto with the blue icon to designate where link starts on the screen if he comes in from a different dmap.

I have no clue what you mean by the second question, re-word it 0_o
I think to fix the 'no text appear message' make sure the dmap type is 'cave' or 'dungeon', that the level number is something other than 1, and that the guy and string are set.Ok thanks for those answers! OKay and now the rewording for number 2.
2. How do you set secret passges like setting a secret staircase under a tree you're supposed to burn. YOu know, the Level 9 entrance in the Loz Overworld? YOu're supposed to open it by bombing a wall and then a cave pops up. Well, I want it like that. I hope u understand. ^_^

rocksfan13
08-23-2005, 07:27 AM
Goto tools->flags and select the flag for burn or bomb and place it where you want it. Right click to go back to normal mode. then goto
Data-> secret combos and select what you want to appear. P.S. You must also set the blue square to where you want link to emerg when he comes out. I have also found that to put messages into boss rooms you have to use an timed insta-warp.

Starrodkirby86
08-23-2005, 10:36 PM
Goto tools->flags and select the flag for burn or bomb and place it where you want it. Right click to go back to normal mode. then goto
Data-> secret combos and select what you want to appear. P.S. You must also set the blue square to where you want link to emerg when he comes out. I have also found that to put messages into boss rooms you have to use an timed insta-warp.
Ahhhh, so that's how you do te secret passage thingy. Well, I hope it works lol. And now one last (I hope I'm not being anonoying). Okay, I setted up a room with two Manhandlas outside. Now I wanted that if you went east you go to a diferent Dmap. I thought of using Side Warp and I set the trigger, screen coordinates, and Dmap. But ten when I test-played my quest, every time Link walked right or somehting like thing or got hit by a fireball he gets warped to Screen 80. Yeah, I said this before, since I thought it was string that did it. But I was wrong. I removed the string and played again. Same problem. How can I correct this? I highly assume Side Warp is doing this.

Zelda_Warrior
08-23-2005, 11:58 PM
When you get hit by a fireball it warps you to a different screen?! That's probably a genuine bug with ZC, i'v never had that problem before.

Also, he gets warped to screen 80 if he goes to hte edge of the screen?That's bnot a zc bug,but it's something I don't know how to fix, considering you set up the dmap correctly.

Unless...

When you made the side-warp, be sure to set the type to 'scrolling warp' or 'insta warp' or sometihng like that otherwise it's automaticly set to 'cave/item room' and that will do strange things.

rocksfan13
08-24-2005, 09:52 PM
I agree. That's the problem. The warp must be set to scrolling warp or insta-warp of some kind or it will automatically go to screen 80.

Starrodkirby86
08-24-2005, 10:43 PM
Aw man! The same happens again! Okay, the fireballs hit me nd it doesn't wrp me to Screen 80 BUT when I move right, that warps me. I even set the Side Warp to Scrolling Warp (Last time I checked it was Insta Warp blackout but I changed it to Scroll). I can move up and down fine but if I move right I warp. I think it's the trigger. I set it on right, set the Dmap to the one I desired, and set it to the correct screen. FYI: When Link gets warped to Screen 80, he is at the very left side of the screen. If he exits, he gets warped to that screen where this error came. Anyways, here are my enemies in the screen but I highly doubt that made the error. Mandhandla 1 Manhandla 2. Enemy Flasgs: Falling Rocks, Statues Shoot Fire. I could go into more detail but my Zquest ain't opened and it takes a hecka long time to load.

rocksfan13
08-25-2005, 10:15 AM
Set the blue box for where you want link to end up when he arrives.