PDA

View Full Version : Choose your own adventure

Beldaran
08-22-2005, 09:16 PM
Choose Your Own Adventure (http://adventure.godice.com/index.php)

This is a lot of fun. You can do almost anything, and if it doesn't exist, you can write your own. :)

Eckels
08-22-2005, 09:33 PM
That's funny, just yesterday I was reminiscing about the "Choose your own Adventure" series of books. I don't think they make them anymore, but when I was a kid I had a bunch of em. My favorite being Supercomputer.

Anyone else remember them?

fatcatfan
08-22-2005, 10:07 PM
Yes, I loved those books. There was a similar series, Wizards and Warriors or some such, that I enjoyed. You had a book of spells in the back you could sometimes choose from. The book I'm remembering had some kind of time travel spell, and you could get stuck in an infinite loop if you used it in the wrong place... (PAGE 37:Turn to page 8. PAGE 8: Turn to page 37)

vegeta1215
08-22-2005, 10:55 PM
I hve two Legend of Zelda choose you're own adventure books. They were a lot of fun to read.

In the first, you role-play as Zelda, trying to free Link from this spell Ganon put on him. In the second, you role-play as Link, trying to expose the secrets of this (evil) Prince who is visiting Hyrule.

JayeM
08-23-2005, 12:07 AM
I still have some of my son's.

AtmaWeapon
08-23-2005, 12:29 AM
I got killed by a grue :(

Zelda_Warrior
08-23-2005, 12:33 AM
Lol i wonder who put the masturbation one that keeps going on and on and on, also the look at the sky one...

theplustwo
08-23-2005, 01:47 AM
The problem I have with choose your own adventure books is that I'm a completist, so I always want to read every possible ending. I always ended up holding like four different spots with my fingers as I read so I could go back and try that path too.

bigjoe
08-23-2005, 03:34 AM
Some of the comments on this site are hilarious. It would be better if it were like a real choose your own adventure, though.

Breaker
08-23-2005, 03:52 AM
It ended like 4 links into it with:

One, two, three fingers...why not the whole fist.

Jesus has been fisted to death, fag.

You fire up a joint, while you masturbate yourself to death.

The end.

Saffith
08-23-2005, 04:11 AM
The Farkers spammed the hell out of it, but some of them are actually pretty funny.
I like this series:

> Sit down and draw in the sand.

Your artistic skills are questionable...
You doodle a little bit, but then decide to get down to business:
What to draw...

> Yourself, drawing in the sand

You drew a pretty decent rendition of yourself, drawing in the sand. I wouldn't go showing it off to anybody, but it certainly isn't anything to hide either. Perhaps it would be better if the drawing was actually drawing something.

> Make the drawing draw itself, drawing in the sand

The drawings begin to draw themselves into infinity. Suddenly, you realize that you are in fact being drawn by a significantly larger hand.

> Bite the hand that draws you.

Something bit you.

What the hell was it?

A shame that even the good ones will be deleted before long...

Darth Marsden
08-23-2005, 05:49 AM
It's fun. I'm messing about with the woman along the beach. See if you can follow my options. They're not rude or anything.

carrot red
08-23-2005, 01:04 PM
It was fun, but too short. I followed the Fark line and got *Game over* very quickly.

I had a link to a site that posted parodies of the Choose your own Adventure series, I'll try to look for it. "Third Planet From Altair" was my favorite. If you liked the books, you should read "Ocean of Lard" by Carlton Mellick III. It's twisted and perverted, but it's also funny and follows the same pattern of choosing your own adventure.

TheProject
08-23-2005, 11:01 PM
Choose your own adventure books are great, but they never truly have a good ending, at least in the ones I read. Still, they are enjoyable, because they give you the interaction with the characters.

bigjoe
08-24-2005, 09:38 AM
It was fun, but too short. I followed the Fark line and got *Game over* very quickly.

Some of the adventures on this website go on pretty long!

In on of my adventures, I grew a bio-mechanical computer, created a wife from coconuts, and even cannibalized the natives!

Darth Marsden
08-24-2005, 10:48 AM
I never seem to get very far. So I just create my own stuff. It's fun!

Shadowblazer
08-24-2005, 01:45 PM
That's funny, just yesterday I was reminiscing about the "Choose your own Adventure" series of books. I don't think they make them anymore, but when I was a kid I had a bunch of em. My favorite being Supercomputer.

Anyone else remember them?
My favorite was called "Hyperspace."

chinostc
08-24-2005, 07:22 PM
I loved the Lone Wolf choose your own adventure series. Choose your route, equipment, skills, battles, and live or die by the choices... then back up and try a different route. If it wasn't for those books, I probably wouldn't have gotten an interest in reading. Damn, next time I visit my parents', I will have to go through boxes to find them.

*That series also got me into video games. It had many of the components of the rpg's of today; only the images were limited only by my imagination.*