PDA

View Full Version : Warp Tile problems...

Scotian Gold
08-22-2005, 08:49 PM
Hello again...now I am having trouble with warp tiles - specifically, getting my warp to go from one Dmap to another. I place an Entrance/Exit tile warp on Dmap 1 which is supposed to go to Dmap 10. But when I click on the GO button it stays on Dmap 1 (it does go to the right screen however). What I found odd is that if I change the destination to Dmap 2 it works, but for Dmap 3 it doesn't...and I have seen in other quests that you can jump to any Dmap you want, right? What's my problem? Do I have a Dmap set to a wrong type somehow?

Até, e obrigado.

Scotian Gold

Freedom
08-22-2005, 09:21 PM
sounds like you need to completely fill out your warps and dmaps.
in the side and tilewaps make sure you choose the dmap, in the dmaps, make sure you fill in what map it goes to.

In other words, if it's going to the wrong map, you either have the wrong map # on the dmap, or the wrong dmap on the warp.

Scotian Gold
08-23-2005, 11:16 AM
Ah, that was it! I missed the Dmap selection, that was all...but tell me this: why is that option even there? Off the top of my head, it would allow you to change palletes for the Dmap, so that you could have summer and winter in the same place, for example...different musics I guess too...are there any other techniques this could be used for?

Obrigado,

Scotian Gold

Valientlink
08-25-2005, 08:28 PM
Is it set to cave item room?

Zelda_Warrior
08-26-2005, 03:25 PM
That option is there so that it knows what dmap it should warp to, in the dmap information it tells what map the dmap is on and the continue, so it just goers to the map that is set in the dmap, so it saves time.

Freedom
08-26-2005, 03:36 PM
It allows you to make huge dungeons too, so a dungeon can span several maps, every time you warp, you warp from one dmap to another, and it's the dmap that gives the screen its information, like map, music, color.