PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Me!!

KillAllPopStars
08-22-2005, 04:51 PM
I have a problem with my quest. I am trying to create a shop entrance on a specific d-map. I have set my tile warps properly, as well as the room type, shop type, guy type and string. Everything looks to be in order, but the shop appears above ground instead of in the cave, like it's suppoesd to. The d-map type is a cave, but I have done this in a cave-type d-map before with no problems. I've tried everything I can to fix this problem. Please help me! If anyone knows how to fix this, your advise would be greatly appreciated.

Zelda_Warrior
08-22-2005, 04:59 PM
To make a WORKING shop...

1. Make a dmap that the shop branches off of (Liek an overoworld.)
2. Make sure the dmap type that the shop branches off of is set to 'Overworld' and that the level # is 0.
3. Make the screen that you can enter the shop in, and the screen with the shop, unless it is screen 80. (And that nothing is on screen 80 0_o)
4. Unless the shop is on screen 80 - 84, you shouldn't have a dmap for the shop.
5. Set the guy, string, room type, and shop type. Make a shop type in Quest>misc. and set the room type to 'Shop'.
6. Make sure the tile warps work, and that the blue and green things are placed properly (The things that tell Zquest where to make Link appear in the screen if he enters the screen off a different dmap.)
7. Make sure it works. Steps 1 - 4 are very important. I think your problem lies there.

Hope I helped

Freedom
08-22-2005, 05:00 PM
You put the information on the shop screen not the overworld screen unless you are using the screen 80 set up in which case you don't use a separate dmap set-up.

KillAllPopStars
08-22-2005, 05:19 PM
I tried your suggestions, but the problem still persists.

XNIGHTMAREXX
08-22-2005, 05:31 PM
I have the same problem ... but the difference is the fact that... it works one time... but doesnt do it the next... whats up with that?