PDA

View Full Version : Official tester's IRC channel #ZCTesters

jman2050
08-22-2005, 02:10 PM
irc.initialized.org
port 6667
#ZCTesters

may move sometime in the future, but for now it's here. I'll usually be on here from time to time.

ShadowTiger
08-22-2005, 04:18 PM
I was thinking of posting this. Glad jman got to it first though. XD *lol*

It's a fairly nice channel. Active occasionally, ... BigJoe pops in there too. It usually has jman, Nick, Wild Bill, Praethus, Hero Link, Dart_Zaidyr, Snort/Sephiroth, myself, etc. Nice channel.

EDIT: Only jman2050 and PolygonX8 can assign SOP. (Admin.) However, I can give you voice or an invitation. If you ask/notice ( /notify BH4 Message) me, I'll look to see your IRC identity, and if it matches, you'll be in. Or you can specify your details here, particularly if you don't use IRC often.

jman2050
08-22-2005, 04:19 PM
Forgot to mention that this IS an invite-only channel. If you can't get in, speak to either myself, PolygonX8, or anyone else who has access >_>

Sephiroth
08-22-2005, 05:15 PM
Forgot to mention that this IS an invite-only channel. If you can't get in, speak to either myself, PolygonX8, or anyone else who has access >_>
It isn't quite set to invite only.... but it is set up to where it will kick-ban anyone that is not allowed to access the channel.

NOTE You must have a registered nickname on irc.initialized.org before you can even join.

Dart Zaidyer
08-22-2005, 07:13 PM
Oh great, I tried to test that statement and it banned me.

I'm Dart_Zaidyer. Let me in!

fatcatfan
08-22-2005, 07:19 PM
Is McCrackin still a IRCop or whatever of initialized?

Sephiroth
08-22-2005, 07:19 PM
Oh great, I tried to test that statement and it banned me.

I'm Dart_Zaidyer. Let me in!
You didn't notify me, PolygonX8, BH4, or BigJoe to add you to the access list, Dart. >_>

ShadowTiger
08-22-2005, 07:21 PM
In order to register your nickname on Initialized, first type:

/ns register password E-mail

For Example: /ns register potatosack55 [email protected]

Once you're registered, you can do one of two things.

1) Type /join #PureZC and let it be known that you're trying to join the channel, and hopefully someone who's in both channels will be able to allow you access.

2) Notice me, or a fellow tester, using /notice Username Message (Ignore the colors - they just differentiate between variables.) and we can ensure that you're who you say you are, (On the internet, everyone's a dog. You all know that. :p ) I or other AOP/SOP's can then allow you access into the channel.

We Look forward to seeing you there. :)

Is McCrackin still a IRCop or whatever of initialized?Yes. Yes, he is, fatcatfan, but he never goes into #ZCTesters. He barely checks #PureZC either.

bigjoe
08-22-2005, 07:53 PM
Is McCrackin still a IRCop or whatever of initialized?
He is, but he doesnt pester the ZC crowd or anything. Plus, if youre worried about him stealing your register password, use a different one. If he tries to bother you or anything, the channel could be moved or whatever.

fatcatfan
08-22-2005, 08:14 PM
precisely. Everyone be sure to use a unique password.

*b*
08-22-2005, 08:23 PM
just out of curiosity, should this be on Cyber2K's server? that IS the server that AGN's chat is on, but if this works, whatever

ShadowTiger
08-22-2005, 08:30 PM
just out of curiosity, should this be on Cyber2K's server? that IS the server that AGN's chat is on, but if this works, whateverMeh, .. Why move. I mean, if the Vast Majority of ZC testers / Devs are on Cyber2K, then sure, move, I guess. But there's already a #ZCTesters on Initialized, and PureZC is right next to it. The channel is invite-only, AND you have to have a regged nick to get in, so there's that additional security, and I doubt that Giz would go about stealing someone's password or something. Of course that's only one voice in a sea of hundreds. =/

Personally, I think it's fine where it is. I see no potential for a reason to change. But others may have better, more complete thoughts.

Jigglysaint
08-22-2005, 08:47 PM
I checked out the channel, my nick is Jigglysaint for those who have the power to unban me so I can post.

ShadowTiger
08-22-2005, 08:55 PM
Oh yeah, I should probably elaborate, that if you try to join WITHOUT a registered nick and without having been invited first, you'll be banned from it, which makes your entry all the more difficult, as you could very well be both trying to join with a voiced, registered name, and still be barred from entry.

Thus, perhaps it's best to /notice those individuals who may be in the channel.

In fact, when you first go on initialized, as a precaution, /join #PureZC and see if you see any familiar names. To speak with a person wherever they are, one on one, type either /query Nickname or /notice Nickname.

You can enlist the help of a fellow tester to get you in.

PolygonX8
08-22-2005, 11:28 PM
BTW, I'm nto sure if it's possible... but is there someway to give founder access to more than one person per channel? I founded the channel itself, and gave it over to jman, but I still have the password to give myself owner status (But, I'm limited to certain things because I gave the founder access over. :P).

Rydia
08-23-2005, 01:57 AM
I was thinking of posting this. Glad jman got to it first though. XD *lol*

It's a fairly nice channel. Active occasionally, ... BigJoe pops in there too. It usually has Nick, jman, Praethus, Snort/Sephiroth, myself, WildBill, etc. Nice channel.

EDIT: Only jman2050 and PolygonX8 can assign SOP. (Admin.) However, I can give you voice or an invitation. If you ask/notice ( /notify BH4 Message) me, I'll look to see your IRC identity, and if it matches, you'll be in. Or you can specify your details here, particularly if you don't use IRC often.

OMG! You forgot me... I'm in there whenever I am on IRC too. Nice to have a channel to yap about ZC/ZQ features, and what would be good stuff to add.

Raichu86
08-27-2005, 06:30 PM
initialized now supports secured connections via SSL, too, if you're concerned about privacy. Quoth the news page (http://irc.initialized.org/):

We're pleased to announce that Initialized has officially adopted support for encrypted connections. SSL is available at TCP ports 6697 and 9999 on Descartes.

Many popular IRC clients now provide native support for secure connections. Others, such as mIRC, may require additional effort (http://www.mirc.co.uk/ssl.html) to configure.

If you have any questions, please message one of our network operators on IRC.
If you'd like to force everybody to connect via SSL, there's a channel mode that restricts to SSL-connecting clients.

skateboarder11
01-13-2006, 03:19 PM
A question.

Shouldn't thsi be open to everyone, since testing is public until the next version of ZC? o_O

DarkDragon
05-06-2006, 12:08 PM
If this thing is ever still used, I would appreciate access. Nick is DarkDragon.

ShadowTiger
05-06-2006, 09:13 PM
I've got you on Autovoice. :) A pleasure having you, DarkDragon. :thumbsup: I'm ShadowTiger. (Among other nicks. )