PDA

View Full Version : Best Boss Battle Music

ZomfgIts0rzlolo
08-21-2005, 01:05 PM
Super Mario RPG, Smithy battle, No contest. THE MAMBA OF DEATH!

Fiyerstorm
08-21-2005, 01:07 PM
I liked the music for the battle with Magus from Chrono Trigger.

Beldaran
08-21-2005, 01:22 PM
Super Castlevania for SNES. God damn... it's all creepy and your fighting Dracula, perhaps barely winning. And then all of a sudden, as you are getting close and the batle is heating up, BOOM the music kicks into overdrive and that bad ass theme rocks your ass. You get inspired, beads of sweat forming on your brow.

"Fuck you Dracula!" you cry out, as you dodge his fireball attack, "Die, you mothefucker!" you scream as you maul him with your chain whip.

I can hear the theme in my head now... great music.

Kevin
08-21-2005, 11:09 PM
Kirby 64 Final Boss is the best. Go listen to it or something, it's incredibly good for a Kirby game.

Aliem
08-21-2005, 11:33 PM
Tie between Magus, from Chrono Trigger, and Safer Sephiroth themes.

Brasel
08-21-2005, 11:42 PM
For some reason, I've always been real partial to Kirby Super Star's Arena theme. I put it in most of my Zelda Quests as boss music. Actraiser's Boss music is pretty awsome too.

King Aquamentus
08-21-2005, 11:47 PM
My personal favorites are the Boss Themes in Megaman 2 and 5, and stinkoman: 20X6.

Starkist
08-22-2005, 12:03 AM
In my ZC quest I used Eye of the Tiger from Rocky III as my boss music. :)

My favorite of a real game is probably Secret of Mana. It was so frenetic and fast-paced, you could sense the danger and urgency. The final villain in that game also had the most incredible music.

Daarkseid
08-22-2005, 12:28 AM
Super Castlevania for SNES. God damn... it's all creepy and your fighting Dracula, perhaps barely winning. And then all of a sudden, as you are getting close and the batle is heating up, BOOM the music kicks into overdrive and that bad ass theme rocks your ass. You get inspired, beads of sweat forming on your brow.

That's actually the same music that plays in the very first level of that game.

Best boss battle theme was from a little known game called Paladin's Quest for the SNES, a pretty good RPG with some unorthodox elements. Download the SPC collection for this game off of Zophar's domain and listen to it, it has a really epic sound to it.

ZomfgIts0rzlolo
08-22-2005, 02:02 PM
No <3 for the Mamba of Death? You all fail. :(

ShadowTiger
08-22-2005, 02:15 PM
Serious Sam's boss music -WILL- pwn the pants right off of you. Serious Sam's bosses are Badder, Harder, And overall BIGGER than any of all your bosses combined. They take rockets in the eye sockets and shrug 'em off like swatting bugs off their leg. (Barely an exaggeration either.)

Listen to these files.

Serious Sam Regular Boss (http://www.gerudo.net/bh4/music/SeriousSamFight05.mp3) - 937 KB
Serious Sam Final Boss Approach (http://www.gerudo.net/bh4/music/SeriousSamGreatPyramid4.mp3) - 980 KB
Serious Sam Final Boss (http://www.gerudo.net/bh4/music/SeriousSamLastFight.mp3) - 1.58 MB

Enjoy. ;)

And just for kicks, take a look at the final boss for yourself. Here (http://media.gamespy.com/columns/image/June01_moments_10.jpg). Sam is roughly half the size of this guy's hooves.

AtmaWeapon
08-22-2005, 02:23 PM
All in all I found Super Mario RPG's music rather uninspiring, except for maybe the battle with Culex, though it was a remixed FF2 song. One of my long-running favorites has been Dancing Mad, the 4-part final battle to Final Fantasy 3. What with all the organ music and the occasional bell tolling it is quite fit to fight the most powerful being on Earth to. I also like Final Fantasy 2's final boss music, but mainly for the fact that it follows the theme that at least one other major battle had as well.

Also, call me unrefined, but the Great Mighty Poo's song in Conker's BFD was pretty cool too :)

Petoe
08-22-2005, 05:40 PM
Uh, IMO SM RPG's music was really lame, but that's just me...

Anyways, best boss music has to be the fiend battle music from FF4 or Kefka battle (the final battle) from FF6. Oh and a special mention to the Great Mighty Poo's song from Conker's BFD! It's hilarious and fantastic... "sweetcorn is the only thing that makes it through my rear, how'd you think I keep this lowely grin..." :)

Tygore
08-22-2005, 05:46 PM
For Super Mario RPG, I thought that the Culex fight was the best. Personally, I liked the Raem fights in FF:CC.

DsS Game
08-22-2005, 06:52 PM
Donkey Kong Country 3. Both the boss and the final battles with K. Rool.

VT_Hokie_Fan
08-22-2005, 10:40 PM
The first and last boss battles in Kingdom Hearts, because I actually like new games.

King Aquamentus
08-23-2005, 12:22 AM
Donkey Kong Country 3. Both the boss and the final battles with K. Rool.

OOH! ooh! The Final Battle in Donkey Kong Country. Gangplank Galleon.

Starrodkirby86
08-23-2005, 12:42 AM
OOH! ooh! The Final Battle in Donkey Kong Country. Gangplank Galleon.
Who can't hate that? I love that song. Especially in Rattle Battle whihc is an updated version of Gangplank Galleon. I dunno what kind I like, maybe Magus's boss theme from Chrono Trigger. Oh well. :laughing:

King Aquamentus
08-23-2005, 12:51 AM
Who can't hate that? I love that song. Especially in Rattle Battle whihc is an updated version of Gangplank Galleon. I dunno what kind I like, maybe Magus's boss theme from Chrono Trigger. Oh well. :laughing:

Wait, you mean "Who CAN?", I think.

but, you reminded me of a great boss song: Chrono Trigger's Final Battle with Lavos Core. for some reason, that song reminds me of Double Dragon.

Yoshiman
08-23-2005, 01:01 AM
Out of the games I've played, I can't pick just one.

-Final Fantasy IV Boss
-Super Metroid Ridley Battle/Escape theme
-Breath of Fire 3 Earlier Bosses
-Castlevania: Dracula X 'Dancing in Phantasmic Hell'
-Chrono Trigger bosses
-Castlevania 64 Malus battle
-Resident Evil 3 Nemesis encounters
-Sonic Adventure 2 'Live and Learn'
-Devil May Cry 3 Agni and Rudra
-Tales of Phantasia 'Fighting Spirit'
-Tales of Symphonia 'End of a Thought'
-Tales of Symphonia 'Fatalize'

That's all I can think of for now. Usually all boss battles are good listening. :p

*b*
08-23-2005, 01:40 AM
either Decisive battle from FFVI, or Fatilize from ToS. I love both of them

Starrodkirby86
08-23-2005, 01:44 AM
Out of the games I've played, I can't pick just one.

-Final Fantasy IV Boss
-Super Metroid Ridley Battle/Escape theme
-Breath of Fire 3 Earlier Bosses
-Castlevania: Dracula X 'Dancing in Phantasmic Hell'
-Chrono Trigger bosses
-Castlevania 64 Malus battle
-Resident Evil 3 Nemesis encounters
-Sonic Adventure 2 'Live and Learn'
-Devil May Cry 3 Agni and Rudra
-Tales of Phantasia 'Fighting Spirit'
-Tales of Symphonia 'End of a Thought'
-Tales of Symphonia 'Fatalize'

That's all I can think of for now. Usually all boss battles are good listening. :p Oh yes Live and Learn is good. Can you tell me what song Dancing in Phantasmic Hell was used in Castlevania Dracula X?

Wait, you mean "Who CAN?", I think. Posted by Old-Skool Oh oops. I love the Lavos Core song although I heard barely of it :tongue:

Darth Marsden
08-23-2005, 06:01 AM
I love most Final Fantasy music, so it's kinda hard to pick any one track. So I won't. Instead, I'll go with the Great Mighty Poo from Conker's Bad Fur Day / Conker - Live & Reloaded.

"I am the Great Mighty Poo
And I'm going to throw my s**t at you
A huge supply of tish
Comes from my chocolate starfish
How about some scat you little twat?"

"Do you really think you'll survive in here?
You don't seem to know which creek you're in
Sweetcorn is the only thing that makes it through my rear
How'd you think I keep this lovely grin?"

"Now I'm really getting rather mad
You're like a niggly tickly s****y little tag nut
When I've knocked you out with all my bab
I'm going to take your head and ram it up my butt!"

See it for yourself. (http://www.fileplanet.com/132413/download/The-Great-Mighty-Poo)

PolygonX8
08-23-2005, 08:06 AM
I've got a list m'self.

MMX4, MMX6, MMX7 - Maverick Battle
FFMQ - Boss Battle
FFMQ - Final Battle
FF6 - Decisive Battle
FF6 - Fierce Battle
FF6 - Dancing Mad
SM - Battle 1 (Now usually referred to as Ridley's battle music)
MP - Hive Mecha/Incinerator Drone
MP - Metroid Prime (Both forms)
MP2 - Chykka Larva
MP2 - Dark Samus
MP2 - Emperor Ing (Both forms)

VT_Hokie_Fan
08-24-2005, 04:22 PM
The final boss in Eternal Eyes had pretty cool music, but I don't think I really paid attention to it that much :). Oh, and .Hack:Infection's final boss had good music too.

Kairyu
08-24-2005, 06:07 PM
Meet Again, Guilty Gear: The Missing Link.
I've never seen the actual battle, but I'm also a big fan of the aptly-named songs Final Battle and The Strongest Foe, which are the final battle themes of Ys 1 and Ys 3, respectively.

Actually, Robo-Ky has the best boss theme ever. Not his normal ambient themes, the crazy one that plays in certain story mode fights.

Hawke, Advance Wars, also has a great theme.

Yoshiman
08-24-2005, 06:14 PM
Oh yes Live and Learn is good. Can you tell me what song Dancing in Phantasmic Hell was used in Castlevania Dracula X?
It was used for the majority of the boss battles. I belive it was also used in Castlevania 64 when fighting Carrie's cousin.

algam86
08-25-2005, 10:44 PM
I have a list of my own for this topic:
ToP: Decisive (that first battle with Dhaos)
Bahamut Lagoon's final battle
FF1's boss music (fron Origins)
FF2's boss music (from above)
StarFox Assault's final level
ToP: All of the battles with the Spirits (Volt, Ifrit, Origin,etc.)
Sephiroth Battle music (of course!)
Paper Mario 2's Doopliss battles
Sigma's Final Form music from MMX and X3.

That's all for now.

Beldaran
08-25-2005, 11:05 PM
That's actually the same music that plays in the very first level of that game.

Yeah, it's one of my favorite songs ever, actually. Sometimes when I'm bored I fire up the ROM and stay on the 1st level and just listen to the music for a few minutes. I need to go download that song...

Daarkseid
08-25-2005, 11:24 PM
That track is titled Theme of Simon, and is actually one of Castlevania's best. The best rendition of it, if you can find it, actually comes from Castlevania Chronicles, for the Playstation. It's a more faithful 16-bit remake(though originally for an obscure japan only system) of the first Castlevania, but the final level before you fight Dracula has what I'd consider a better version of Theme of Simon. It has a more epic sound to it, as though you're suddenly overcome by the urgency in vanquishing the evil that is Dracula. That is, like your mission suddenly means something.

AtmaWeapon
08-26-2005, 12:08 AM
Guys wait I'm changing my vote to the Giygas music from Earthbound!

Daarkseid
08-26-2005, 01:39 AM
Guys wait I'm changing my vote to the Giygas music from Earthbound!

OH I'd forgotten that music! That's good boss battle music.

Carcer
08-26-2005, 03:24 PM
I liked the very last boss battle music from Skies of Arcadia. In fact, I liked most of the music from that game. So much in fact I got the soundtrack.

ShadowTiger
08-26-2005, 05:37 PM
OH I'd forgotten that music! That's good boss battle music.That, and the Kraken battle, make phenominal themes for ZC Boss Battles. I've done it before. The feeling is just ... too creepy to describe. owned.

Right. The following Tales Of Symphonia will remove your socks and beat you with them.

The End Of A Thought.
Keep Your Guard Up! (Very ... friendly. :odd: )
Full Force
Like a Glint Of Light
Beat The Angel <-- This music, MOCKS YOU. So calm, yet what you face while battling to it is so monstrous.
Fighting Of The Spirit. It's just so lively. ^_^
Fatalize. I could listen to that for days on end.
The Struggle To Survive is fun. Definitely ZC-worthy. :p
Final Destination - I shiver every time I listen to it. So Amazing.

Also, these aren't boss musics, but they're just as invigorating

* The Edge Of Nowhere
* On The Tightrope

mrz84
08-26-2005, 06:06 PM
Dynamo's Theme - MMX5 and MMX 6
Ridley's Battle Theme - Super Metroid
What I'm Made of - Sonic Heroes Final Battle(Against Metal Sonic)
Sephiroth's Theme (Safer Sephy Battle) - FF7 or alternatly Kingdom Hearts (Platinum Match)

and i'm not dead yet (much to some people's chargen) just got a access problem. :kawaii:

DsS Game
08-29-2005, 09:00 AM

Haha I completely forget they remixed that.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention any old school sonic boss theme from the Sega Genesis

Darth Marsden
08-29-2005, 12:59 PM
Sonic themes! Of course! How could I forget! Personal Sonic favourites include

Sonic 3D end-of-level boss (it's funky and not played to death, so sue me)
Sonic 1 End Boss
Sonic 2 Death Egg Zone and End Boss
Sonic 3 & Knuckles Final Zone (the one where you're flying through the asteriods as Hyper Sonic)

Also, I liked Magus' theme from Chrono Trigger, but generally the whole soundtrack to that game was so good, you don't really think of any one song in particular.