PDA

View Full Version : Simple Question: How to Save in ZC

jan
08-20-2005, 07:56 AM
If been playing Zelda earlier this year but did not have the time to continue playing.
Now I have just started playing again, and, annoyingly, again, it seems I cannot find a way to save my game. I know I worked it out last time, and maybe it's odd I don't find it, but think me retarted if you will: I just dont get it right now. (Even Finished Level One to see whether this is where the screen appears)
(The NES manual tells me to push a button on Controller 2- this obviously can't be it :tongue: )

jan
08-20-2005, 10:44 AM
ahh. F6
okay... nuthin said

laughing1989
08-20-2005, 12:14 PM
Another way is to kill yourself and choose "Save" if you are about to leave or something. Thats what I do.

Um.. try not to double-post, just edit your previous one.

<-rentamod

ShadowTiger
08-20-2005, 10:03 PM
... O_o' ... You're certainly an interesting one, aren't yeh. :p *lol* Right on the money then.

Yes, F6 (Followed by enter. :sweat: *lol* ) will give you the option to save, continue, or retry.

Continue allows you to restart the Dmap, or the latest Entrance/Exit type warp (I think) with your current items/stats, except for your health, which is reset based on the quest designer's whim.

Save allows for the same thing, except you start from the latest "Continue Here" mark checked in the last Dmap which had it checked. If there isn't any Dmap checked, you'll restart from where you started the quest from. Obviously you'll have the same items as when you had saved. Obviously. But again, health is variable depending on the quest.

Retry allows you to revert to your last save. It's basically like pushing reset, only you don't have to go through the ZC intro screen. You go straight to the quest selection screen.

Aegix Drakan
09-30-2005, 07:56 AM
Thanks BH4!

That will really save me a lot of time!