PDA

View Full Version : Number of Caves/Houses/Stairs per screen?

Scotian Gold
08-19-2005, 09:53 PM
Hello to all (and especially bh4 because you're the only person answering my questions so far!)

I have seen some (conflicting? confusing?) details about the number of caves, house entrances, etc. you can have on the same screen. Before I waste an entire afternoon, is it possible to have a screen with three houses all with open doors, PLUS have a cave entrance, that all go to different places? Or is there a limitation on this due to only having one tile warp location available per screen?

Obrigado,

Scotian Gold

Freedom
08-19-2005, 10:10 PM
right now it's best to stick with no more than 2, more warps are in the works.
More can be done now but it's pretty complicated.
coming back out... remember the blue positioning square is where link lands from an insta warp, and the green he lands on from a tilewarp or sidewarp, so yes, you can make him end up at the correct door outside.

Scotian Gold
08-21-2005, 08:49 AM
Can you (or someone) please tell me the complicated way? Having only two entrances per screen puts some limitations on my work so I would like to know more about this alternative method. Would it involve 'slicing and dicing' the screen into VARIOUS screens so that no individual screen has more than 2 warps? That idea just came to me and it sounds plausible, if complicated!

Along the same subject, can you have multiple warps on the same screen that go to the same place (i.e. when a person nears a desired object from any direction he gets warped somewhere)?

Muito obrigado pela ajuda,

Scotian Gold

Freedom
08-21-2005, 10:15 AM
Direct warps cause link to drop down on the screen in the exact spot he was on in the screen he warped from, so if you use multiple screens you can manipulate where he will end up depending on where he came from.

Scotian Gold
08-22-2005, 08:42 AM
Hi Freedom, thanks for the reply. That's what I came up with too - so to make a more complex screen it actually will take a series of screens and direct warps to simulate one screen - the trick is to get all your warps right and not leave any holes that Link can walk through!

(PS - for Freedom only - I d'loaded Swansong a couple of days ago and I remember before I started questing that I had seen the password for it somewhere on zcforum...would you be able to share it with me so I can take a gander? gander...swan...ha ha ha :laughing: )

Até,

Scotian Gold

Freedom
08-22-2005, 09:24 AM
It's gleeok2

Scotian Gold
08-22-2005, 12:01 PM
Interesting...that's what I *thought* it was but neither the one on your website nor the one on ZC will open with that password - it is a 2.10 thing?

Thanks,

Scotian Gold

Freedom
08-22-2005, 03:03 PM
sorry... it's gleeok3, quest for freedom 2 is gleeok2