PDA

View Full Version : Who is Trinity?

Monica
08-19-2005, 07:11 PM
I just recieved my Albatron Geforce 6800GT and I seem to have gotten the Trinity version with this girl on the box. She has Blond hair and this pink piece of glass on one eye like a rectangle, and she has a weird ball for a beret with two things sticking out, and she's wearing a blue metallic looking suit. I don't know who she is but she looks like an important video game charecter, does anyone know her? I'm curious. :)

Fiyerstorm
08-19-2005, 07:46 PM
http://article.pchome.net/2004/04/22/DSC04446.jpg

Usually those girls on graphic card boxes are just made up for the product. <3

Daarkseid
08-19-2005, 09:01 PM
Since the beginning with the voodoo graphics cards(possible earlier..) they've always used brilliant rendered images of stuff as boxart, and now nVidia actually uses rendered character portraits to show off what their videocards might actually be capable of. They're never associated with any game, to my knowledge.

Monica
08-19-2005, 09:08 PM
Ohhh okay, thanks. This is the first graphics card I got that didn't come with a new comp so I didn't know. ^_^ I do remember a girl named Trinity from something or other...

Well on a side note, I guess I could ask here since my dad told me to look around to see if anyone had this prob... The card ALMOST fits in my Dell Dimension 4500 but it doesn't go in all the way because of one corner. Has anyone else had a similar prob? What did you do?

Someone can move this to the computer forum if they need to now...

Starkist
08-19-2005, 10:34 PM
Which corner doesn't fit?

Monica
08-19-2005, 11:09 PM
The upper right hand corner, about an inch is touching a ribbon connector.

Well my dad said that's close enough (I tried to type what he said) but I think that connector is blocking it

fatcatfan
08-20-2005, 01:44 AM
just the ribbon part, or the end connector on the ribbon?

Starkist
08-20-2005, 01:53 AM
It's all right if it touches a ribbon... my IDE ribbons are all mangled in unnatural ways.

Darth Marsden
08-20-2005, 04:24 AM
As long as it plugs into the slot corretly, then you should be all right. Same thing happens to me all the time, my cards keep bumping into IDE ribbons. When you've got two DVD drives and two Hard drives your PC becomes a bit of a mess.

And the Trinity you're thinking of is undoubtably from The Matrix. Looks nothing like this woman though. The nVidea one looks hotter. (I'm not much of a Carrie Ann Moss fan.)

Monica
08-20-2005, 11:21 AM
Ahhh yes, the Matrix, that might have been it on a commercial or something. ^_^

Well the thing is it should fit in that slot and we thought it did, but when he turned it on it didn't come on and it made this continuous squeal sound until he turned it off. He messed with it and turned it on about 3 times, only getting that sound. When he gets home I'll try and clarify what's blocking it, he said it's hitting something. Someone from another forum suggested moving pieces off the back of the card or something so it fits better. He knew what they were talking about and he'll try that next. (sounds damaging to me, but he does know his hardware so it'll be okay)

Darth Marsden
08-20-2005, 05:31 PM
Eep. Taking things off the card does sound a bit risky. My advice would be to take it to a shop and ask them to do it - they're very reasonable (the one I went to did it for free - even more nice because they gave me a power cable splitter for it) and if anything goes wrong, then you're in good hands.

Saffith
08-20-2005, 11:19 PM
Cutting it apart is fine, as long as you avoid all the circuitry. Otherwise, it's pretty much guaranteed not to work right, if at all.

Lately, I've been making a point of getting well-made, high-end stuff, but even then there are problems sometimes. My case has a set of clips to hold PCI and AGP cards in without screws, but since my video card takes two slots, I had to either cut the clip thing apart or use screws (for every card) instead. Bleh.

Archibaldo
08-21-2005, 12:09 AM
The answer to your question lies with the white rabbit. Follow the white rabbit Monica.