PDA

View Full Version : Guys I'm going to the store

AtmaWeapon
08-18-2005, 04:17 PM
to get some snacks because I'm hungry. I used to chow down on cheese-its and leftovers all the time, but all of that junk translated into extra fat laying around my body. Lately I've switched to yogurt, wheat thins, Ritz snack mix, and those little 100-calorie packets of treats so as not to put the pounds on.

So what kind of snack foods do you guys enjoy when the cravings hit?

Master Ghaleon
08-18-2005, 04:20 PM
Doritos or Ice cream sandwiches

Breaker
08-18-2005, 04:34 PM
Roasted Jewmellows.

Darth Marsden
08-18-2005, 04:51 PM
Those 'Spicy' McCoys crisps and Fruit Gums. Calories be damned!

*b*
08-18-2005, 04:53 PM
sour cream and onion Pringles. I'm addicted to those little bastards

Beldaran
08-18-2005, 04:59 PM
Pizza flavored Pepperidge Farms goldfish crackers. I eat them in great quantities.

ShadowTiger
08-18-2005, 05:00 PM
Water will usually just fill you up. It works too, at least most of the time. Not like there's all that limited of a supply of it. > >.

We rarely have that much in the fridge except for the occasional slice of bread or butter, maybe some mayo, but it always does the job. Not like lunch is a very important meal anyway. :sweat:

Machiavelli
08-18-2005, 05:16 PM
Whatever is in my house. Usually popcorn, doritos, oreos, ice cream, pop tarts, chees doodles, lays original, entamans(sp?) cakes, little debbie snacks and things of that nature. My cholesterol is kinda high so I may have to cut back.

zfreak2004
08-18-2005, 06:11 PM
Either Funyuns or an individually wraped cheese slice.

Brasel
08-18-2005, 07:10 PM
Well, nothing right now. I used to love ice cream and home made cookies and gummi bears. I'm all about the sweets.

Masamune
08-18-2005, 07:28 PM
Monster Energy. It keeps me amped and it tastes wonderful!

vegeta1215
08-18-2005, 08:53 PM
sour cream and onion Pringles. I'm addicted to those little bastards

omg, Pringles are awesome! They've been on sale near me (like $0.99 a can) and we've been buying them a lot lately. The White Cheddar kind is soooo good.

One snack food I really miss eating is the Keebler Pizzaria chips. No pizza snack food I've tasted since has been able to match their goodness.

phattonez
08-18-2005, 09:38 PM
Planter's peanuts. Salted, no shell or skin, and full of oil. If I sit there eating them for a while, it takes the place of a meal (usually lunch).

Daarkseid
08-18-2005, 10:02 PM
Monster Energy. It keeps me amped and it tastes wonderful!

I'm addicted to that shit now. I've already consumed a can of it today and will probably consume two more. Eventually, I'm going to kill myself with that stuff.

Cravings are solved with a variety of foods, depending on what's available. But when I have to do the buying, it's usually a few select items:

Fritos
Pringles(whatever flavor I feel like)
beef jerky(expensive)
a king sized snickers bar
pretzels and easy cheese(processed cheese food in a pressurized can)

Whatever of those are available where I go. At least two of those items will be procured, along with a can of Monster.

Masamune
08-18-2005, 11:32 PM
http://gerudo.net/pat/pics/energy.jpg

I've had like 3 cans of the shit this week. And the lo-carb stuff tastes the same as the regular. o_O

mikeron
08-19-2005, 01:13 AM
A sandwich, a cup of coffee, or a beer. I'm usually too full for "snacks" though.

Aliem
08-19-2005, 04:12 AM
Anything, really. I don't often get cravings for anything specific, and when I do, it's for things that require cooking =\

Peanut butter and Jelly sandwhiches hit the spot ever time though =)

Daarkseid
08-19-2005, 04:19 AM
I've had like 3 cans of the shit this week. And the lo-carb stuff tastes the same as the regular. o_O

I think part of the reason is that the regular stuff also uses an artificial sweetener as part of its flavoring. Sucralose is the chemical name for Splenda, which is gaining in popularity as a sweetener(because of its milder aftertaste and ability to be used in baking).

The lo-carb stuff probably changes the ratio of sucrose to sucralose in favor of sucralose.

Aliem
08-19-2005, 04:20 AM
Heh... it's funny... now I have a horrible craving for scrammbled eggs and coffee.

Valientlink
08-19-2005, 05:56 AM
I'm addicted to that shit now. I've already consumed a can of it today and will probably consume two more. Eventually, I'm going to kill myself with that stuff.

You do know that you really can kill yourself with those. I had 6 Mountain Dew Amps, and I was crazy. I am only 13 so you know...I like sugar! But really, if you drink an estimated 5 a day for 12 months, if you are over 25, you could have a stroke from all of the extra energy. Its even worse if you are a teen. You need sleep so if ya drink that stuff a lot, you dont get sleep, which leads to a heart failure. Or will it......? :evil: I like chips and ice cream. Mostly ICBs. (Ice Cream Bars) They are wicked sweet.

Daarkseid
08-19-2005, 06:19 AM
Yep. Caffeine isn't typically a dangerous drug, and a lethal dose is only really possible with caffeine pills, but constant overuse over a long period of time can result in certain ill effects.. and death. My mom once spoke of a person she knew who died in his mid 20s of a heart attack, who was an otherwise healthy individual on the surface; he drank way more coca cola per day than is healthy, more than 2 litres supposedly.

AtmaWeapon
08-19-2005, 10:22 AM
Guys stop saying bad things about caffeine. I drink Coca-Cola almost exclusively throughout the day. I estimate my daily intake is something like 1 1/2 liters to 2 liters, depending on what I'm doing (if I have nothing to do and I'm playing video games to pass time, I tend to drink less since time spent getting a drink is time spent away from the game).

Lately I am trying to make that healthier, too. After supper, I try to drink grape juice, water, or Powerade instead of Coke.

Oh and for you potato chip junkies, mosey on over to this magical website (http://www.bmchips.com/) and order a case. You won't go back to another brand. I order a case of the hot barbecue ones bi-monthly, though they've changed the recipe recently and they aren't as good as they were (not as spicy anymore). The way to tell which one you have is the color: the older, better ones were red like a Coke can while the newer ones are orange like a typical barbecue chip.

ZomfgIts0rzlolo
08-19-2005, 04:53 PM
Pepperoni Pizza Combos, Frozen Pizzas, or Pringles. JoJos (A type of Oreo cookie from Trader Joes) for sweets, as they are simply more jawesome than oreos.

carrot red
08-19-2005, 07:02 PM
Big bags of Lays, ice cream and loads of coffee.

laughing1989
08-19-2005, 09:41 PM
Children. Lotsa deepfried children. :evil:
Kidding... I would say some homemade tortilla chips and some homemade hot sauce mixed with pasturized cheese product... salsa con queso, i suppose. Have it all the time. Oh yeah, and a BIG GULP-esque glass of water that nearly makes me explode.

Zelda_Warrior
08-22-2005, 11:41 PM
I just grab a piece of bread and eat it and wash it down with some water when i'm hungry for a snack.

theplustwo
08-23-2005, 01:39 AM
I'm not absolutely certain, but I think the phrase "healthy snack" might just be a contradiction in terms. But as far as snacks go, I don't really eat that much between meals, but on break at work sometimes I'll get a pack of pop-tarts or some combos from the vending machine.

If I'm at a place with good, non-rusty water (read: not my house) I drink water pretty much constantly. The only problem with that is that it makes you have to urinate about once every three seconds.

KingArthur
08-27-2005, 09:56 AM
Salt and Vinegar pringles, pretzels, corn chips, Rollitos, sun chips, and the occasional bowl of ice cream or chocolate bar.
Its odd, i used to like sweets more, but now i prefer the "salty" snacks. could have something to do with me drinking more sweet drinks.