PDA

View Full Version : Yawn

Cloral
08-18-2005, 01:08 AM
Not much's come out lately. I mean, just look at the topics in this forum. You have to go all the way down to the 12th topic to find one really about a specific game. All the others are just like 'what do you like in a game' sort of topics. What has everyone been playing lately?

Orion
08-18-2005, 01:23 AM
I've had to revert to my old library of games to keep me busy lately, specifically, playing SMW and Yoshi's Island with my g/f.

Has anything come out lately that's worth playing? Is there anything to look forward to? Zelda was really the only game coming up that I had planned on purchasing, but now I dunno what I am gunna do for my console goodness. Is there anything coming out in the near future that is looking promising? (and I'm not really into RTS, MMORPGS, Morrowind, or Mascot-based Sports games)

MottZilla
08-18-2005, 01:32 AM
I've been playing original NES games lately. Can't beat the classics!

vegeta1215
08-18-2005, 01:50 AM
At the beginning of the summer I was playing Super Mario Sunshine. I finished that, and went on to replay Resident Evil 4 (round 2), and Beyond Good and Evil.

Recently, I got several brand new games for under $9.99 each. I picked up Viewtiful Joe and beat it (in Kids mode - Adults mode was too hard at the time). I picked up Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy and beat it. Next is F-Zero GX, which I've been playing like crazy. I've gotten 1st in all the cups on all the difficulties except for Master, in which I've only beaten the Ruby Cup. I've also finished the story mode on normal. There's still a lot more to do, and I'll probably be playing for sometime. (man I love that game!) Last is Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4, which I haven't played yet.

(Except for Viewtiful Joe, which I got off eBay, I got all those other games for $9.99 at Circuit City. Check the bargain bins in your area - you will find some gems!)

Jerimy
08-18-2005, 01:51 AM
Black and white 2 for pc, fable the lost chapters for PC the Movies for PC and Dawn for pc they all look awesome

Master Ghaleon
08-18-2005, 02:51 AM
Madden 06 and thats about it

MacWeirdo42
08-18-2005, 08:11 AM
Well, I ordered a copy of Symphony of the Night, and I was planning to have been spending all my time playing that, but it hasn't shown up yet. Terrific. Generally, I seem to be spending all my time playing Counter-Strike, and when I'm not playing that, I'm trying desperately to beat the original Castlevania (the damn thing is tough - thank God for the fact that in the GBA version you can save your game). And I've been trying to play "Pirates of the Caribbean," but it keeps crashing.

Brasel
08-18-2005, 10:31 AM
I've been playing Morrowind lately...yeah, I'll go on month long spurts of playing Morrowind and only Morrowind.

ShadowTiger
08-18-2005, 11:13 AM
That game will absorb you into it for so long without letting go. So easily. Do you have both expansions? They're definitely recommended. :) Come to think about it, I've seen the box full of Morrowind and both expansions going for the same price as Morrowind alone.

Lately, I've been polishing up my ZC Quest, downloading / ripping themes for it, and working on my Megazeux world, "Dungeon Of Stone." I'm still getting used to Robotics, so it won't be that nice, but at least it's creative enough to feel okay.

I'm also doing a few runs through Cave Story and Serious Sam: The Second Encounter. I can't believe how crazy Serious Mode is. Mental mode is worse. The enemies go from visible to invisible and back again. So crazy.

Beldaran
08-18-2005, 11:27 AM
Last week I beat DOOM III for xbox. It was pretty scary and lots of fun. Fairly challenging too.

Other than that, I'm trying to beat Zelda II for GBA.

Gerudo
08-18-2005, 11:41 AM
Super Mario 64 DS...

everyone says the game sucks, but i never really got to play the original, and when i did (on emulator), i loved it. <- this was after playing Mario Sunshine :/

Orion
08-18-2005, 12:49 PM
I take that back, I have been playing Franchise mode in Madden 05 as well, for lack of anything better to do.

And also, I recomment people get Sphynx. i got it for under $15, and it was quite a bit of fun.

Darth Marsden
08-18-2005, 01:23 PM
Sphinx (for that is the correct spelling) is good fun, but a wee bit too tricky for my tastes, as well as the fact that if you die, you have to go back to the title screen and load your game to get back into it rather then just continuing - that really jolts me out of the 'zone'.

Recently I have been playing... GTA San Andreas (not as good as Vice City, but still better then all the pretenders), Prince of Persia 3D (because I have to play through a series in order - curse my twisted logic), Banjo-Tooie, Tony Hawk's Underground 2 and Final Fantasy 2. Oh! And Tron 2.0. Well, up to the second level, 'cause after that the sound goes REALLY slowly and it's almost unplayable.

ZomfgIts0rzlolo
08-19-2005, 04:40 PM
Dynasty Warriors 3 and Fire Emblem.

Grasshopper
08-19-2005, 04:55 PM
I've been playing Life. And I'm about to gain a level next Thursday. I was also at one of Life's many colleges to pay for another year of classes. Time to learn more about Life. Lucky for me, my knowlegdge is a high enough level to gain access to all of my classes. According to Life time, it starts Monday, but a small monster stole the money I was going to use to buy more items as the college item store. That monster was known as the "Business Office Lady". Now the tall tale is that my money will magically appear in this thing called a Post Office box 10 days from now. So many side quests in the Life game, that I don't spend much time on the main quest. You think games like Morrowind are long, check out Life, I've been playing this sucker for over 20,000 hours. :)

Rollercoaster Tycoon 3, thats about it for me at the moment.

Brasel
08-19-2005, 11:50 PM
That game will absorb you into it for so long without letting go. So easily. Do you have both expansions? They're definitely recommended. :) Come to think about it, I've seen the box full of Morrowind and both expansions going for the same price as Morrowind alone.

Yeah, I've had the expansions since they came out. I have a level 61 Dark Elf that I don't play anymore, it had been about a year and a half since I played him, so I started another. He's a level 41 Nord now. Yeah, Morrowind has addicted me many many times for a couple of years now.

Aliem
08-20-2005, 02:46 AM
I've restarted playing the .hack games again... they were alot better the first time.

Other than that, I've been playing alot of NES... Mario Bros 3 and MegaMan 4 ^_^

Darth Marsden
08-20-2005, 04:26 AM
Ha! Finally finished Prince of Persia 3D and have started Sands of Time. Happy days!

KJAZZ
08-22-2005, 12:22 AM
Well, a lot of things are coming out in the fall, but the summer is not a good time to release games, apparently. That never made sense to me. I understand games are released in the Fall/Winter for the Holiday Season sales, but during the summer, the kids are all at home with no new games to play. Meh, whatever. :shrug:

Anyway, lately I haven't been really playing much of anything in the way of consoles aside from the standard party games with my friends. I have been playing some ZC quests and working on one of my own, but that's about it..:P

Cloral
08-23-2005, 01:53 AM
Well I just finished BoF3, so now it's time to pick a new game to play. I'm thinking I might go back to Viewtiful Joe 2 again, I was only as far as the third movie. I would like to go back to Devil May Cry 3, but I know it would be more frusterating than enjoyable. That's a game that really would've benefited from extra lives you don't have to buy...
For me, the only game in the near future I'm looking forward to is We <3 Katamari. Beyond that, I don't know if there's going to be anything I'm going to want to get until the 360 comes out.

vegeta1215
08-23-2005, 02:32 AM
For me, the only game in the near future I'm looking forward to is We <3 Katamari. Beyond that, I don't know if there's going to be anything I'm going to want to get until the 360 comes out.

(Unless you already have it) get F-Zero GX. Master it. Love it.

F-Zero GX is so incredibly hard at times - but once you practice and get better, you will wonder how you ever struggled on the lower difficulty settings. I'm currently trying to beat the Diamond Cup on the Master difficulty with a custom vehicle Goki suggested to me (Bright Swallow Z), and working on the Hard and Very Hard story mode chapters.

Darth Marsden
08-23-2005, 05:33 AM
Ha! Finished Sands of Time in a grand total of 5 hours, 34 minutes. They just don't make games like they used to. Onto the sequel!

vegeta1215
08-23-2005, 12:53 PM
Ha! Finished Sands of Time in a grand total of 5 hours, 34 minutes. They just don't make games like they used to. Onto the sequel!

I think I finished Sands of Time in a little under 10 hours. I need to play it again though to get all the life and sand expansions.

I'm thinking about renting Warrior Within, but everywhere online says it was such a rushed game that it is plagued with game-ending bugs. That and it's such a departure from Sands of Time in terms of mood and atmosphere. I may play it, I dunno. I just hope the 3rd one doesn't turn out the same.

Zelda_Warrior
08-23-2005, 01:27 PM
I've been doing stuff in ZC and playing NES games, I have 2 consoles, the NES and the gamecube, but all my games for the gamecube suck.

Cloral
08-23-2005, 03:00 PM
I have FZero GX. For whatever reason I didn't get into it too much. I guess I liked the old SNES-style FZero games (SNES and GBA) more than the new generation FZero titles (this one and the one on the N64).

Darth Marsden
08-24-2005, 05:01 AM
I think I finished Sands of Time in a little under 10 hours. I need to play it again though to get all the life and sand expansions.

I'm thinking about renting Warrior Within, but everywhere online says it was such a rushed game that it is plagued with game-ending bugs. That and it's such a departure from Sands of Time in terms of mood and atmosphere. I may play it, I dunno. I just hope the 3rd one doesn't turn out the same. Am playing it now. Don't really like it, for some reason. The combat is definately too complicated now, and it just seems like everything that made the original great isn't there anymore. I'm sure it's a good game, but I just can't seem to get into it for some reason. And the demos looked so good. It does feel a bit rushed, but I've yet to experience any game-ending bugs. Maybe that's because I got the DVD version..?

And with F-Zero GX... I only got it for the Zelda Collection disc. I wouldn't have gotten it otherwise - I cannot stand it. I NEED MY FREAKIN' WEAPONS! It's not a futuristic racer if there's no weapons. I prefer Extreme-G 3.

vegeta1215
08-24-2005, 11:29 AM
It does feel a bit rushed, but I've yet to experience any game-ending bugs. Maybe that's because I got the DVD version..?

As far as I know, the game-ending bugs appear in all versions, console and PC. (though some people say they are fewer in the Gamecube version :shrug:.) I'm sure one could play through the game and not see any at all though.

And with F-Zero GX... I only got it for the Zelda Collection disc. I wouldn't have gotten it otherwise - I cannot stand it. I NEED MY FREAKIN' WEAPONS! It's not a futuristic racer if there's no weapons. I prefer Extreme-G 3.

F-Zero isn't a game you can register, is it? It's pretty old.

I too prefer weapons in racing games, such as Mario Kart, but only if the racing itself is missing something. F-Zero GX has enough to keep me playing without weapons - the incredible speed, the insane courses, the depth that comes from the simple machine stats, etc. As far as I'm concerned, F-Zero is the only futuristic racer that matters (it was the ffirst, wasn't it?). I'll have to check out Extreme G-3 though. Apparantly it's on the Gamecube - I've never seen it in stores.

Battle Dragon
08-24-2005, 12:39 PM
eh, I've been playing various Final Fantasy roms and the Doom trillogy for PC; that's pretty much it....

Kairyu
08-24-2005, 06:10 PM
I've recently swapped from playing Meteos to playing Advance Wars DS. I'm considering getting Geist, but I probably won't, since I'm short on cash right now and that's not likely to change for a while.

Cloral
08-24-2005, 09:30 PM
I think VJ2 was a good choice on my part. If you haven't played either in the series, you should really pick one of them up and try it.

Darth Marsden
08-25-2005, 10:40 AM
F-Zero isn't a game you can register, is it? It's pretty old.

I too prefer weapons in racing games, such as Mario Kart, but only if the racing itself is missing something. F-Zero GX has enough to keep me playing without weapons - the incredible speed, the insane courses, the depth that comes from the simple machine stats, etc. As far as I'm concerned, F-Zero is the only futuristic racer that matters (it was the first, wasn't it?). I'll have to check out Extreme G-3 though. Apparantly it's on the Gamecube - I've never seen it in stores.I got the disc a while ago. About a year and a half, I believe.

And Extreme-G 3 IS on Gamecube, and I should know - I've got it. Love the music, and the way you can break the sound barrier. It's such a rush the first time you do it. The screen goes bluury and thre's a loud 'boom'... then silence. Woo!

F-Zero did, I believe, come first as a series, but XG3 was released before F-Zero GX. It's all a bit confusing, really.