PDA

View Full Version : Some questions

Jerimy
08-18-2005, 12:24 AM
Well I just learned about this and think it is AWESOME! (well I learned about it a week ago :tongue: ) Yet I figured out nearly nothing exept how to place tiles and such and I feel a this is a bit newbish to ask these since I see no other threads on them but im desperate sooo....

1. How do you make doors and caves lead to other areas

2. How do you place items?

3. How do you import MIDIs from other tilesets you have?

4. How do you make the speaking things

5. How do you make "cutscenes"

5. How do you make rain color in with its backround and not have its original black backround? (same with lightning)

6.How do you set the starting point of your character?

And I think thats about it for now I'll add more when I need them :D I would be very thankful if you could answer these

rocksfan13
08-18-2005, 07:55 AM
1. set a tile or side warp.
2.there is an icon on the bootom of the screen that has a rupee in it. That will place your item where you want it. Just click on it and will show on the screen as a really light blue. If it isn't there hit pgdn until it is.
3.select quest ->midis->select midi
4.you have to set a guy and the string they will speak. press "g" for guy and "s" for string.
5.rain is used as a layer.
6.on the map you are starting from set a dmap for it and place the location point in the continue box. Make sure you set the continue point on the corresponding map as well by clicking the green square and placing it where you want it. Again if its not there hit pgdn until it is.

Jerimy
08-19-2005, 08:12 PM
A few more

7. How do you make those title screen/cutscene things?

8. How do you insert MIDIs into certain areas?

Freedom
08-19-2005, 08:59 PM
On my page in my sig there are links to 4 tutorials and some pages I put together too.
IF you want to open my SwanSong quest and look how I did things in it the password is gleeok2.
between that and the tutorials that should get you on your way.

Valientlink
08-19-2005, 09:08 PM
On my page in my sig there are links to 4 tutorials and some pages I put together too.
IF you want to open my SwanSong quest and look how I did things in it the password is gleeok2.
between that and the tutorials that should get you on your way. Please post two me freedom BY VALIENTLINK :evil:

Freedom
08-19-2005, 10:05 PM
Post to you where?
You didn't reply when I accepted you as a tester for Castle Haunt II, you gonna test it or do I need to open it up for someone else?

Jerimy
08-20-2005, 12:47 AM
First of all thats a nice tutorial, second where do I download castle haunt 2? (lol I have no clue XD)

Jerimy
08-20-2005, 01:01 AM
Err sorry i couldnt find the edit button but NM i dled the quest and its quite fun