PDA

View Full Version : Another P7 Teaser

Ganonator
08-16-2005, 09:54 PM
I thought I'd share the latest mock titlescreen with you all even before my testers have seen it.

http://www.thedpshack.com/p7/small.jpg (http://www.thedpshack.com/p7/layout819.jpg)

Click on the image to see the LARGE version

yes, there is no 'start' button, but my artist did that to prove to you all that it is sort of within reason. The stationary ships will be flying along in 3D, and the planets may be moving as well.

The game is really rocking right now. Logins work, race creation works, and gameplay works. If only my testers could see it (i don't have a public server available for them )

Comments?

goKi
08-16-2005, 10:19 PM
That looks damn awesome. Care to explain the odd shape of the spacecraft, though? Where did you get the idea?

Ganonator
08-16-2005, 10:25 PM
the artist rendered it from our 'build a ship' catelog. not much else to explain, other than that ship isn't even in 3D

Rambly
08-16-2005, 10:30 PM
Sweet, man. I can't wait to see what Project 7 is like in action.

I don't watch AGN very often, but it looks like progress is coming along nicely, and sounds like a very interesting project. :D

ShadowTiger
08-16-2005, 10:43 PM
Hey, spaceships are allowed to be odd floating things. :p Nothing wrong with that. If it can 1) Transport stuff or 2) Blow yours out of the water, then it's perfectly fine. >:-] *lol*

Man, I wish I was that good with art. Now, this "ship catalogue," ... has a lot of models in it? Where did you find such a thing?

www.wcnews.net has quite a few ships as well if you're interested.

Breaker
08-16-2005, 10:45 PM
I don't watch AGN very often, but it looks like progress is coming along nicely, and sounds like a very interesting project. :D

Yeah, a mock screenshot of the title screen. It's practically playable.... :rolleyes:

Ganonator
08-16-2005, 10:58 PM
It's practically playable.... Incredibly close, actually. I need to add some widgets for object creation and it will be ready for official beta testing by the general public.

*b*
08-16-2005, 11:04 PM
my, that looks positivley sci-fi! that is excellent, except for the flat planet in the foreground. otherwise, DAMN

Starkist
08-16-2005, 11:37 PM
The ships look like blurry starships from Star Trek.

Rambly
08-17-2005, 12:22 AM
Yeah, a mock screenshot of the title screen. It's practically playable.... :rolleyes:

The game is really rocking right now. Logins work, race creation works, and gameplay works. If only my testers could see it (i don't have a public server available for them )
;)

Breaker
08-17-2005, 08:00 AM

;)

Yeah, and I've been secretly at work programming a 3D remake of the original Zelda with multiplayer support. The login, chat, and title screen are finished and it'll soon be ready for testing by the general public. Holy shit, I'm making progress too!

fatcatfan
08-17-2005, 09:12 AM
Maybe you should add an in-game snapshot feature so you can show off the engine at work.

jman2050
08-17-2005, 10:41 AM
Yeah, and I've been secretly at work programming a 3D remake of the original Zelda with multiplayer support. The login, chat, and title screen are finished and it'll soon be ready for testing by the general public. Holy shit, I'm making progress too!

You too? Man, I wanted to be the first oen to reveal my l33t 3D gameplay additions to ZC. It's going to make OoT look like Bubsy 3D is comparison!

Seriously though, nice work Ganonator. The beta has been nice so far, I can only wait for this to reach completion :)