PDA

View Full Version : Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jman2050
08-16-2005, 08:20 AM
http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=60520

:odd: :odd: :odd: :odd: :odd: :odd: :odd: :odd: :odd:

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

:( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Stupid Nintendo... Stupid STUPID Nintendo.

fatcatfan
08-16-2005, 08:31 AM
Disappointing, but I'd rather they did it right and took a little more time than release crap early.

goKi
08-16-2005, 09:30 AM
Probably expected something like this. But not until April/May, like projected. Good news for me, anyway, is that they pretty much confirmed worldwide release, which means Australia will be getting it at the same time as everywhere else. Joy!

MacWeirdo42
08-16-2005, 09:38 AM
I, for one, am happy. Not that I want the game's release to be delayed any more than anyone else, but more than that, I don't want some half-assed crappy game being shoved out the door to meet deadlines. This is looking to be freakin' awesome, so I can wait.

jman2050
08-16-2005, 10:23 AM
COme on, I can't eb the ony selfish gamer on here XD

Seriously, I guess it'd be better if they waited for it to be perfect. The delays just kill me, that's all.

fatcatfan
08-16-2005, 10:33 AM
I've still yet to finish Baten Kaitos, X-Men Legends, and a few other games as well, so I've got plenty to keep me busy between now and then. You do too, jman. *cracks whip*

Yoshiman
08-16-2005, 10:36 AM
Like I said on PureZC...

At least it hasn't been cancelled. Don't jinx it. >_>

vegeta1215
08-16-2005, 10:40 AM
I've still yet to finish Baten Kaitos, X-Men Legends, and a few other games as well, so I've got plenty to keep me busy between now and then. You do too, jman. *cracks whip*

Yeah, I still have a lot of games to play as well, so the news doesn't bother me much. I'd much rather have them spend more time on the game so we get more dungeons and no fetch quests like The Wind Waker had.

jman2050
08-16-2005, 10:51 AM

I can code and play games. Remember, I'm 1337.

Gerudo
08-16-2005, 12:17 PM
those screenshots look very badass...

and as far as the delay goes? you know people would by a gamecube just for that game (those that STILL dont have one, despite the uber low price [/fanboy]). oh well, better to wait for an awesome game than to have something short like Wind Waker.

Darth Marsden
08-16-2005, 03:37 PM
I believe a quote from Miyamoto himself is called for here...

A delayed game is eventually good. A bad game is bad forever.

And those screenshots look killer!

ShadowTiger
08-16-2005, 04:28 PM
Yeah, they do. :) Sort of reminds me of morrowind. Some of those screenshots are exceptionally impressive, such as the town, village, and ones with special effects, ... Just outstanding. (From IGN)

I've never been disappointed by the results of a game being delayed. It's not worth fretting over. More people will like the game upon its release, and you can be proud to say that you have pwned it when you do.

ZomfgIts0rzlolo
08-16-2005, 05:10 PM
Bah, OoT was delayed, Perfect Dark was delayed, SHUT YA FACES.

Ganonator
08-16-2005, 07:26 PM
I will gladly wait. It was amazing at e3, and I can't imagine the improvements.

Besides, now Ill get work done during the school year :P

Beldaran
08-16-2005, 07:30 PM
I don't think it's a big blow to Nintendo. Like any zelda fan WASN'T going to buy Twilight Princess, no matter when it comes out. Granted, they will undoubtedly have a weak christmas for the Gamecube. Although they probably don't care. The DS will probably have some christmas goodies.

MANDRAG GANON
08-17-2005, 12:43 AM
This is no surprise to me, a postponed game means a quality game, something lots of other companies dont understand. Quality over Quantity, just like the good old days :P. I'm disappointed slightly yes but this makes me happier in the long run, It's not like I'm not going to be around in another year or two.

MottZilla
08-17-2005, 01:44 AM
Like Beldaran said, this doesn't really change much of anything. And the DS seems like it would be the X-Mas item and possibly the PSP on Sony's side, and M$ would be the Xbox 360. Personally I think nothing is all that great for this holiday season that approaches. Oh well.

KJAZZ
08-17-2005, 02:54 AM
This kinda sucks, but I can live with it. ;O

At least the DS will have some good stuff this Holiday Season.

Daarkseid
08-17-2005, 03:20 AM
This sounds neutral to me. The x360 is going to be released this season anyway? Forget challenging that, just release in the next spring like Wind Waker. Nobody ever has a huge release in spring. It should be fairly profitable. Everyone next holiday season, if they want a new system, is going for X360. Thus, no money to be had from them.

Nintendo and Zelda fans will wait.

*b*
08-17-2005, 03:36 AM
personally, I think they did the right thing. there's enough games coming out this winter for the DS, GCN, and PS2 to keep me happy even past the release of TP, and to have it delayed so it's even better, well, the only problem with that is I have to wait longer to play it

good things come to those who wait

Orion
08-17-2005, 01:58 PM
Well, I dunno about this either. Nintendo seems perfectly content in letting the Gamecube be forgotten this holiday season. I can't think of too many people who give two shits about Super Mario Strikers, DDR Mario Mix, and Mario Blows Seven Shades of Shit Out His Ass. This holiday season is going to be a flop for them on the console side, and the industry will take notice. There really aren't any games in the near future for any console that appeal to me.

The DS will hold me over if I decide to get one (and in the event they decide to release the new SMB before Christmas, but I can't see them doing that. This is Nintendo, after all), but again, I fail to understand why they dropped the price of the DS, and made the price of the micro so high. Why in the world would I spend $100 on a inferior system that's been out for 3 years already when I could get the same thing, plus an entirely new library of games for $20 more?

If other companies can crank out quality games year after year, why can't Nintendo? They never cease to amaze me in their unorthadox business decisions.

Oh well, such is life, I guess.

vegeta1215
08-17-2005, 02:41 PM
The DS will hold me over if I decide to get one...but again, I fail to understand why they dropped the price of the DS, and made the price of the micro so high.

I hadn't heard of a price drop before today, but you're right, starting in November the DS will be $129.99 - just in time for the release of Nintendogs. I still haven't decided when to get one. I was going to wait until the DS dropped to $99.99, but it might be a while before that happens.

As for the fall Gamecube lineup, I'm excited about the Fire Emblem game. That, and I'm still hooked on F-Zero GX (buy this game now! it's dirt cheap too!) and recently picked up Tony Hawk 4. They will keep me busy for a while.

King Link
08-17-2005, 04:24 PM
I think Nintendo is focusing on their last hurrah here, their last few GameCube titles that will be big sellers. Though it might be a mistake not releasing the game during the holiday season, the game will be just that much better, given the few extra months of development.

However, my personal feeling at this point is, if they want to release such a high-class game towards the end of the system's life, why not screw the project on GameCube and move it to Revolution. As noted by IGN, the game would greatly benefit from what Revolution will have to offer.

And though I think the game looks amazing, and has some of the best GameCube visuals to date, I think Nintendo might be better off waiting even longer until Revolution's launch and sell Twlight Princess then. This way, they could pull off better, cleaner graphics and get rid of what I saw in these newest screenshots; fog and numerous in-town character models that look rather poor.

Those are just my thoughts though.

Orion
08-17-2005, 04:41 PM
Because simply moving a game over the the Revloution hardware isn't as easy as it sounds. I doubt the hardware is even finalized yet. You would have to update all of the in-game graphics, rework the controls and such to be compatible with the Revolution, which would all in all take a lot longer than this game delay would. The quality would suffer in the transition, as has been the case for most games that have been moved up a platform (look at Eternal darkness, Animal Crossing, etc. They look like crap compared to games built from scratch for the GameCube).

ZomfgIts0rzlolo
08-17-2005, 05:23 PM
I will personally go to NoA and NoJ and RIP THEIR THROATS OUT if they decide to release TP for the Revolution.

And anyway, I'm happy this holiday season with Fire Emblem Path Of Radiance <3

Grasshopper
08-17-2005, 09:57 PM
I heard this news the other day when I had to have my boss fill out some of my doctor papers. She say "Guess what?" Not the thing you want to hear in a game store, because you know what it means. :tongue:

I think for the games sake, its great. I think all companies should strive to make the game as good as it can, but a lot of games that are "suppose" to be good are going to be pushed to get out this holiday. *sigh* I'm fine with that, because I have a few other games I'd want to get, and I only have enough $$$ for so many.

On the down side, I agree with Orion, I think Nintendo has shot themselves in the foot this holiday season. People buy games for Christmas. If they don't buy games all year, they buy games for Christmas. And Twilight Princess is one of those titles that will be bought. I think profit could would be much better for Nintendo if it were in the holiday season.

It would be all good if Nintendo has some other games that are big, but they don't. And I'm not saying that they're not good, just that they probably won't stand up to games like the next Prince of Persia, True Crime, Kingdom Hearts or Tony Hawk Game. Just to name a few.

AlexMax
08-18-2005, 12:21 AM
Fucking Awesome. Now it's pretty much confirmed that Twilight Princess won't be a rushed piece of shit like Wind Waker was.

Honestly, why does it matter in the long run? In the long run, the fact that it was a good game will overshadow any complaints about its release date.

Arantxa
08-18-2005, 12:33 AM
Disappointing, but I'd rather they did it right and took a little more time than release crap early.Agree :unhappy:

Grasshopper
08-18-2005, 10:53 AM
Fucking Awesome. Now it's pretty much confirmed that Twilight Princess won't be a rushed piece of shit like Wind Waker was.
How? Wind Waker was pushed back from Christmas too. :shrug:

mrz84
08-26-2005, 06:31 PM
well that certainly does suckith...and I was hoping for it to NOT be delayed...

King Aquamentus
08-26-2005, 06:40 PM
Why are you banging your... let's see here.

Oh. The Twilight Princess delay. So? Big deal.

Here, I thought Joe leiberman was opening his flabby face again.
As you can see, I'm not overexcited by Twilight Princess.

Grasshopper
08-26-2005, 09:11 PM
Speaking of delays....

Kingdom Hearts II is also delayed until next year as well. Probably not as anticipated as LoZ:TP, but still a pretty big game.

bonegolem
08-30-2005, 08:51 PM
What are you complaining about? Think for a second.

Odds are you'll be alive in 2006 and by then Twilight Princess will be way better than a Christmas '05 release. And if they release it for the Revolution, that's all the more better. It'll have super graphics and will run smooth as butter.

But I swear if they give Link dialogue, I'll be ripping someone's throats out.

ZomfgIts0rzlolo
08-30-2005, 09:11 PM
Much as I'd hate it if they released it for the Revolution, it would be a really, really good financial move. It would automatically give them a hand over PS3 and Xbox 360, plus the fact that it's cheaper and arguably has more reasons to buy it anyway.

A LOZ: TP bundle would sell like effing crazy.

vegeta1215
08-31-2005, 12:01 AM
Much as I'd hate it if they released it for the Revolution, it would be a really, really good financial move. It would automatically give them a hand over PS3 and Xbox 360, plus the fact that it's cheaper and arguably has more reasons to buy it anyway.

A LOZ: TP bundle would sell like effing crazy.

Why release it for the Revolution when they can release it for the Gamecube? Practically everyone who has a Cube will buy it, and then those that don't have a Cube will either a) buy a Cube just for Zelda or b) wait and buy the Revolution which will also be able to play the game.

Grasshopper
08-31-2005, 12:46 AM
It won't be good financially. They have most of the game done. If they make it for the Revolution, its just more time spent to update resources, and you looking at having to spend even more money in development time. Plus, having a game + system bundle on launch would most likely have them rasing the price. I'm sure they don't want to loose money on having it be bundled free. :)

And besides, its not like Nintendo isn't going to make a Zelda game for the Revolution.

ZomfgIts0rzlolo
09-03-2005, 01:59 PM
Because if you release it for Gamecube, then it just makes people buy a 50 dollar game, thats it: most people that are going to buy it already have a GCN.

If you release it for Revolution, it will probably have more options and things, but it will also assure that the Revolution Sales will be ridiculously high, therefore assuring that people DO buy the Rev and don't just stop after TP for GCN. Also if there isn't a good launch Mario Title this could be a backfall.

ZeldaLord
09-03-2005, 04:47 PM
I can't say I'm surprised, practically every major Nintendo project has slipped at some time (just look at OOT).
And anyway, if they use the time to ensure that it doesn't turn out to be a dissapointment like the Wind Waker was, it'll be better for us in the long run.

PolygonX8
09-05-2005, 12:18 PM
If you release it for Revolution, it will probably have more options and things, but it will also assure that the Revolution Sales will be ridiculously high, therefore assuring that people DO buy the Rev and don't just stop after TP for GCN.

The Revolution will be able to run any and all GCN games, thus making a transfer unneeded. For one, there will be people who buy it for the GCN, yes, but there may also be people who'd buy the Revolution to play it if they don't want an older console -- the Revolution would be more worth buying regardless because there's a whole new lineup of games to look forward to.

I'm not overexcited about the game, because I no longer subject myself to game material for future releases that get me orgasmic over it.
Last I did that was with MP2 becuase it had been two years since the release of MP1 and I was excited over it. When it was released, I was still overhyped, so I enjoyed it. In the end it was a good game... but it sucked as a Metroid. :shrug:

I can just hope TP isn't a disappointment to the series (With such a long delay to add tons of elements, I'd hope it'd be great) and that it's actually better than OoT.

Darth Marsden
09-06-2005, 10:48 AM
You can never hope to better OoT, because it's ingraned itself in people's minds. They remember it being so utterly fantastic (rightly so, it was) that they won't allow anything to come close. As good as the new Zelda will (hopefully) be, in the hearts and minds of gamers it will never be 'better' then OoT. If we're very, VERY lucky, it may be as good as Ocarina. But never better.

vegeta1215
09-06-2005, 11:28 AM
I thought this was interesting: http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=60754

Apparantly, Twilight Princess will be the last Zelda game as we know it in it's present form, and that Miyamoto has put more work into this than any other game, in attempts to make the best Zelda game ever.

This leads me to think, what will future Zelda games be like if they will be different from the current form?

*b*
09-06-2005, 11:40 AM
as long as it's not "Link's and Zelda's A-B-Cs and 1-2-3s!", I'll probably be happy

that part where Shigeru said he has invested more into this game than any other is very exciting. I can't wait to see all the neat shit he's added to this since the previews at E3 (I'm still a bit concerned about playing as a wolf, though)

Darth Marsden
09-06-2005, 04:57 PM
as long as it's not "Link's and Zelda's A-B-Cs and 1-2-3s!", I'll probably be happy

that part where Shigeru said he has invested more into this game than any other is very exciting. I can't wait to see all the neat shit he's added to this since the previews at E3 (I'm still a bit concerned about playing as a wolf, though) Were you concerned about playing as a Rabbit before playing Link to the Past? There have been 5 dissapointing Zelda games, and three of them aren't even 'official'. I have faith this will be a good one.

Vegeta - think virtual. Put on a pair of special glasses and see Hyrule in full 3D, right in front of your eyes. Live it. I'd spend so much money on something like that. We're starting to see more interactive games come out now - the Eye Toy, for example, or that new Golf game I've seen advirtised on TV. I could well imagine Nintendo taking it to the next level.

ctrl-alt-delete
09-06-2005, 05:21 PM
I think the true question is...what if there are special unlockables in the game that you can only achieve through playing it on the Revolution?

I would buy a Revolution for just that...not that I was not going to be a complete fanboy and buy one anyways.

*b*
09-06-2005, 05:28 PM
Were you concerned about playing as a Rabbit before playing Link to the Past? There have been 5 dissapointing Zelda games, and three of them aren't even 'official'. I have faith this will be a good one.
well, no, but that's because I had no idea Link actually turned into a rabbit before I bought the game. I'm not so much concerned playing AS a wolf, as PLAYING the wolf. you know, gameplay. I know TP will be one of the best Zelda games ever, if not THE. I'm just saying...

Darth Marsden
09-06-2005, 05:39 PM
Yeah, I see what you're saying. I have faith that they'll get it right though.

And when is someone gonna ask which 5 games I consider dissapointments?

ctrl-alt-delete
09-06-2005, 05:43 PM
I will ask...but I will also guess.

The three CD-I games, obviously. AoL...and...WW?

ZeldaLord
09-06-2005, 05:44 PM
I thought this was interesting: http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=60754

Apparantly, Twilight Princess will be the last Zelda game as we know it in it's present form, and that Miyamoto has put more work into this than any other game, in attempts to make the best Zelda game ever.

This leads me to think, what will future Zelda games be like if they will be different from the current form?
I'm quite sure this is something to do with the Revolution (after all, they did say it would "change the way we play games"). I don't doubt that whatever the console's "revolutionary" features are, Nintendo is going to make sure the next Zelda uses them to their full potential.

Unless Nintendo has something interesting planned for DS...

Darth Marsden
09-06-2005, 05:47 PM
I will ask...but I will also guess.

The three CD-I games, obviously. AoL...and...WW? Close. The 3 CD-i games, Wind Waker... and Four Swords Adventure. Not good if you're a solo gamer! I actually enjoy Adventure of Link, but that's cause I like RPGs.

DsS Game
09-07-2005, 10:35 AM
hey man I have to wait for Tekken 5: DR to come out too :p

It's a good idea for them to push it back. It's way too early, and they don't want to disappoint fans, despite the push back which people are disappointed with...

Darth Marsden
09-07-2005, 01:57 PM
I'm in full support of pushing games back if need be. Sometimes you need the extra few months to really finish a game, or just to work out all the bugs (I'm looking at you, Warrior Within). We may not have it for Christmas, but we WILL get it around April-ish, when there are fewer games out. It'll be nice to really have time to play it then.

Valientlink
09-07-2005, 05:52 PM
Im so angry wait till my brother hears.

Dechipher
09-07-2005, 09:49 PM
They say a lot of interesting stuff in that article. A lot of stuff that will take a lot to live up to. I hope they don't totally dissapoint us.

ctrl-alt-delete
09-07-2005, 11:26 PM
Well, everyone was bitching about voice acting...maybe this is there way of throwing that in there too?

BTW, Vegeta...and I know you will read this. I do not know if you caught it...but the DS game is not a FS game...

We debated that a while ago...I was right. :-p

vegeta1215
09-08-2005, 12:09 AM
BTW, Vegeta...and I know you will read this. I do not know if you caught it...but the DS game is not a FS game...

We debated that a while ago...I was right. :-p

Aonuma said it was going to be a FS game at one point, but I read recently that that may not be the case anymore.

I would love a FS game on the DS that utilizes internet play. The original Four Swords is a blast to play, but I only have one other friend to play it with and he moved away :( I'm sure there are many people who bought LTTP for the GBA that have never gotten to play it. It would make sense for them to do one, just like it makes sense for them to do a FF:CC game (which they are doing) - cause hardly anyone got to experience it on the Cube.

But, anything would be better than another Minish Cap, which I consider to be the worst Zelda game made to date. (CD-i games excluded)

ctrl-alt-delete
09-08-2005, 02:35 AM
Yeah, I have never gotten to play either of the Four Swords games, but they look fun. I think it would be cool to hit up some multiplayer Zelda.

Do you want to know what I honestly hope for in the Zelda DS game?

Toon shading, with more mature character models. (3D graphics)

Menu touch screen, for fast selection of items.

...So far, that is all I can come up with.

Anyways, I do believe Aonuma said there would still be some form of online play...wonder how that will work out.

Anybody think they might do what I mentioned early, and have some special unlockables for later produced GCN games if you play them on the Revolution, like Twilight Princess for example?

Radium
09-13-2005, 11:27 PM
Nintendo made a wise choice delaying the game. The game will be so polished when it is released that you will be blinded by the light reflecting off of the disc while you all unwrap the box and drive home at the same time thus causing catastrophic accidents all around the world. :|

Jer1400
09-21-2005, 03:06 AM
I heard it was delayed because they simply couldn't make it and needed more time to finish up, rather than to make an already spiffy game spiffier. I don't know how credible this is. Has anyone else heard this? Either way, I know this game is going to be great and I can definitely wait until April or even December (probably won't do that, though). The videos from GameSpy will hold me over until then. So I agree with Radium... About it being a wise choice; not about the unavoidable catastrophy -- that'll go down because people will ignore stop lights, stop signs, and hit pedestrains and random dead babies trying to get home faster.

Just picture a cop pulling someone over...

"Do you realize you just ran two stop signs while going 45 MPH over the speed limit and hit a dead baby... Why are you smiling?"

*Holds up new Zelda in a spastic manor*

"Holy smokes! Is that the new Zelda? It's here?! I've got to go get me a copy or three! Never mind about this, son. And don't worry about the dead baby; it was already dead. Fly home and play like you've never played before!"

*speeds off, hits some lady in the way*

"I love the young people. Oh! I've got to get going!"

... I'm not sure if dead baby jokes are really appropriate (I haven't been here in years) but I'll go ahead and post this anyway.

Darth Marsden
09-21-2005, 04:43 AM
Ah, as long as it's only in jest I'm sure you're fine. We're pretty cool here, thankfully, or I wouldn't have gotten very far..! I don't mind about the delay, I've started to plunder through my back catalogue of games, and that'll take me forever to get through. Slugging through Anachronox ATM. Good game.