PDA

View Full Version : Beginner Issues

Scotian Gold
08-13-2005, 06:26 PM
É assim...

I took the advice I read somewhere and laid out the basics of my map before I plunged in ZQuest (2.10 for DOS). I like the 'Pure' tileset and it's variations so I loaded the appropriate QST file. Now my question is this - how do I make the gray water that's in the tileset to a nicer blue colour?

Thanks, até logo!!!

Scotian Gold

Scotian Gold
08-13-2005, 06:42 PM
Putes... :tongue:

Olha...I just figured out the CSet +/- thing - it didn't work for me the first time because I have to use 'Fn ;' on my laptop to get '+', so now I can change tile colours!

So now I have a more advanced question: What would be the easiest way to get the Level 1 Dungeon from Zelda I (which has already been done by other people) into my quest?

Obrigadão,

Scotian Gold

ShadowTiger
08-13-2005, 11:27 PM
I'd recommend exporting a map from a previous quest and importing it. Of course, that doesn't mean it'll actually LOOK LIKE that level. It'll only be identical to that level in terms of screen layout and map design.

It'll look horrid when imported, because the combos are more than likely different. Unless you've got someone who did exactly what you're looking to import in an unpassworded quest which has the exact same combo layout as you, I'd say you're in for a lot of work.

Remember, combos are totally independant of the maps. Combos build the worlds that you see, and (to use an analogy) if you're building a water park and you want to bring in a rollercoaster with desert scenery, something tells me that your dungeon will clash. Horribly. :p

So when you import the map, you'll be doing a lot of redrawing. =/ Good luck.

Scotian Gold
08-14-2005, 05:57 PM
Let's see, where to from here? Well, I have various newbee questions so I might as well list them off!

1) I was building my first layers today and finally figured out the whole 'extra' screen(s) idea that goes along with it. Then when I created a little island and wanted to check it out, poor Link couldn't get there! It seems I can only get him to walk around 8 x 8 of the map screens. Are the other screens (on the right side) designed for layer creation only?

2) I saw one of the other quests boasting a 16 x 16 overworld. What is the best way to do this so that events that happen on one map are reflected on another (speech changes, for example).

3) I also read somewere that there is a maximum of 64 maps allowed? Even if I'm wrong here, is it possible to put two or more mini-dungeons on the same map, or would they be all considered part of the same dungeon (in regards to keys, compasses, etc.)

4) Does Link actually interact with other people or is it more or less walking into a room/screen and a conversation starts?

I guess that's it for now! Learning more every day...

Scotian Gold

PS. Thanks to BritannianHero4 for the answer - albeit a discouraging one - to my previous post.